Product Code: AE-RBM22
- 16 Detailed modules: xEV, Industrial applications and ESS, electronic devices, power tools, drones, e-bikes...
- Lead acid battery market now included NEW MODULE
- Market by application, battery size, battery design, suppliers
- 9 years forecast scenario
- Raw materials market 2016-2025 (anode, cathode, separators, electrolyte, additives, solvants, lithium salts, binders, ...)
- Main Trends: technological, price, materials
- Battery supply chain and value added products
AVICENNE & METHODOLOGY
AVICENNE is a unique Battery market research company worldwide, providing unrivalled advantages to our clients on the Battery & Power Supply Industry for more than 20 years.
With our presence in Japan and Europe, AVICENNE is able to identify early new trends and technologies affecting the world Battery market and has over years been in close relationship with the main actors in the Japanese, European and US Market. Capitalizing on our expertise, we organize and chair since 1999 the main Battery event in Europe.
Founded in 1992, AVICENNE is a small but internationaly renowned company with an extensive business Network. This network, crucial to our company's success, was build thanks to our team former involvement in these industries and with these actors, but foremost due to our close and continual cooperation with top management.
AVICENNE provides sustainable and in-depth information for decision-makers in highly innovative and fluctuant industries. This valuable information permits our clients to take the best financial, operational and strategic decisions.
Our team is always up-to-date with the latest market evolutions. We consistently monitor the main actors of the value chain and revaluate customers' needs in light of market changes. The Company Size enables a close contact to customers, fosters a familiar working atmosphere, ensures flexibility, and assures full confidentiality.
The Worldwide Business Network provides accurate data and privileges special insights.
The Working Method develops a critical mind focusing on the client's understanding.
- Integrity: AVICENNE Développement is an independant consulting company. Our ethical principles are inherent to the honesty and integrity of the people working within our structural framework.
- Clients come first: We work with the client not for the client. Our main and principal target is to serve client's best interests. We take pride to favour our client's interest rather than our own profitability. This is the key of our credibility.
- Respect for the Individual: We support and respect personal growth; we believe that a collegial environment fosters continuous learning; Teamwork and cooperation are essential to our success; We therefore encourage constructive criticism.
OUR INTERNATIONAL TEAM
AVICENNE Développement's most significant asset is its team of international consultants (France, US, China, Japan, ...) with both scientific & marketing skills. Always curious, we constantly evaluate new ideas and new opportunities in order to provide best service.
THIS REPORT WILL HELP YOU TO:
- Comprehend todays market environment
- Determine market in volume and value
- Assess new products & technologies
- Identify current and new competitors
- Understand future trends and perspectives
- Outline future applications
- Make thorough business decisions
- Gather accurate data for presentations
- Support your research and development
« Christophe is clearly one of the leaders in the battery
industry with understanding of realistic market trends.
His forecasts consistently outperform others in precision
and accuracy. I have the great fortune to have been on
the same speakers platform with Christophe over the
last two years. It is clear he has earned the respect of his
piers and clients. » Bob Galyen - CTO of CATL & Pres. Global Bus. Development - ATL.
« Christophe is a very talented and experienced technical
market researcher and conference manager. He is well
respected in the automotive, portable electronics, and
battery industries. I have worked directly with Christophe
at the «Batteries 20XX» conferences sponsored by
Avicenne. He consistently values the time of the conference
participants and strives to maintain the quality of the
event while remaining flexible when needed. » Ted Miller - Senior Manager - Ford Motor Company.
«I have read the report I received from you late last year
and have found it to be very useful for my work. Thank
you.» Michele L. Donne, Research Scientist - Delta EMD Austr alia Pty Limited.
«My team and I were really impressed with the level of
details & thoroughness of the report. They have always
been very valuable to us.»
Associated Consultant, Bain & Cie Inc, USA.
«Your study is very good and beautifully presented.
I have seen a few studies over the  years and yours
is the best I have ever seen for this segment of the
market. » Jay Bennett - Marketing Manager Hollingsworth & Vose, USA.
«We received your report, and it is very informative for
us and will help us to develop our strategy for Europe. »
Motohiro Hattori Strategic Planning Sony, Japan.
IN DEPTH ANALYSIS
BATTERY BUSINESS: NICD, NIMH, LI-ION & LI-P
ATL, B&K, BAK, BYD, Coslight, Kokam, EIG, Enax, Enerdel,
Enersys, Exide, E-One, FDK, First Battery, GoldPeak,
HYB, LGC, Lishen, Maxell, NEC, Panasonic, PEVE, Saft,
SDI, SK, Sony, TCL, Tianmao, Yuaza, ...
A123, Altairnano, Boston Power, Powergenix,
Inanovation, Electrovaya, Zinc Matrix Power,
International Battery, Eliiy Power, Seeo, Daimler-
Evonik, SB-Limotive, K2 Energy, Quallion, Envia, GAIA, ...
3M, Carbon Tech, Chuo Denki Kogyo, Conocco
Philipps, DOW Corning, DOW, Dupont, ENVIA, Gas
Chemical, Ghangsha Hairong, Hitachi Chemical, JFE
Chemical, Kansai Netsu Kagaku, Kureha, LG, LS MTRON
Carbonics, Matsushita, Mitsubishi Chemical, Mitsui
Mining, Nippon Carbon, Osaka, ShanShan, Shenzhen
BTR, Shinetsu, Showa Denko, Sony, Sumitomo Metal,
Tokai Carbon, ...
3M, A123, ALEEES, B&M, BASF, BeLife, BYD, Citic
Guoan Mengguli, Clariant, DOW, Easpring, ECOPRO,
Formosa, Hunan Rechine, JFE Minerals, JGC Catalyst,
L&F, LG, MGL, Mitsubishi, Mitsui Mining, Mitsui Zozen,
Nichia, Nihon Kagaku Sangyo, Nippon Chemical,
Nippon Denko, Pulead, Qianyun, Seido Chem, Seimi,
ShanShan, SONY (Miyagi), Sumitomo Metal Mining,
Tatung, Tianjin B&M, Toda Kogyo, Umicore, Valence,
BASF, Cap Chem, DAIKIN, DOW, Dupont, GTHR, Jinniu,
Kishida Chemical, LG, Mitsubishi Chemical, Mitsui
Chemical, Panax-Etec, ShanShan, Soulbrain, Tomiyama,
UBE, Zhangjiagang Guotai Huarong, ...
Ahlstrom, Asahi, Baoding Fengfan, Celgard, DOW,
Dupont, Entek, Evonik, Foshan Jinhui, Green, Hirose, Japan
Vilene, LG, Mitsubishi, NKK, Senior, Shenzhen Senior,
SK, Sumitomo, TDK, Teijin, Tonen, Toray, Treofan, UBE,
Xinxiang Green, ...
EUROPE, USA, JAPAN, CHINA, KOREA, TAIWAN.
FUEL CELLS, BIO FUELS, SOLAR, ULTRA CAPACITORS,...
CELLULAR: Nokia, Motorola, Sony-Ericsson, Samsung,
LG, Apple, RIM,...
PORTABLE PCs: Dell, HPQ, Toshiba, Sony, Lenovo, NEC,
Fujitsu, Acer, Apple,...
TABLETS: Apple, Samsung, Amazone, HP, IBM,...
AUTOMOTIVE: HEV, P-HEV&EV: Toyota, Honda, Nissan,
Ford, GM, Daimler, Renault,...
POWER TOOLS: TTI (Milwaukee, Ryobi), B&D, Bosch,
Jingding, Makita, Hitachi, Panasonic,...
E-BIKES: Yamaha, Aprila, Mercedes, Honda, 1500
CAMCORDERS: Sony, Panasonic, JVC, Canon, Samsung,
DIGITAL CAMERAS: Canon, Sony, Kodak, Olympus,
CORDLESS PHONES: CCT, Uniden, V Tech, Panasonic,
Siemens, HB, Taida, Philips,...
RC CARS & TOYS: Nikko, Tyco, New Bright, Asahi,
Tamiya, Team Associates, Losi, Traxxas,...
HOUSEHOLD DEVICES: Philips, Electrolux, Siemens,
SECURITY LIGHTING: Legrand, Copper, Kaupfel, Thorn
Lighting, Chloride Bardic, Channel Safety System,...
VIDEO GAMES: Nintendo, Sony,...
ENERGY STORAGE for the grid, residential &
Industrial applications (UPS, Telecom & Forklift, ...)
AVICENNE ENERGY: RENOWNED TO HAVE REALISTIC FORECAST
Table of Contents
- Key issues
- Worldwide battery market overview
- Applications covered in the survey
- Avicenne profile
- Our Business story
- Our Methodology
- Methodology: Extensive field research to retrieve & cross check information
- Customized & Multiclient survey for all the value chain
- Avicenne Energy: More than 200 references
- Speaker, chairman or workshop moderator
- Avicenne Energy: Renowned to have realistic forecasts Comparison with other consultants
PART 1: The Rechargeable Battery Market in 2016
1995 - 2016 rechargeable battery market
- The battery market is really dynamic
- The worldwide battery market 1990-2016
- The worldwide battery (lead acid, NiCd, NiMH & Li-ion) market 1990-2016 (M$)
- Worldwide Battery sales by chemistry, units, 1995-2016
- Worldwide Battery sales by chemistry, MWh, 1995-2016
- Worldwide Battery sales by chemistry, M$, 1995-2016
- Worldwide Rechargeable Battery Market (NiCd, NiMH, Li-ion) by chemistry, M$, 1995-2016
Lead acid, NiCd, NiMH, Li-ion main characteristics
- NiCd, NiMH, Li-ion main characteristics
- Overview of main battery technologies
- Technology adoption per market segment
- Battery market by technology
- NiCd, NiMH & Li-ion product performances: Wh/kg & Wh/l
- Each battery Technology has its specific absolute advantages
- 2016 battery technology Energy & power
- 2016-2025 battery technology available
Battery suppliers' market shares in 2016
- Lead acid battery suppliers 2016
- VRLA battery suppliers 2016
- Japanese, Chinese & Korean market share, in value, 2016
- NiCd Battery: Market share in 2016 in volume & value worldwide
- NiMH Battery: Market share in 2016 in volume & value worldwide
- Li-ion Battery: Market share in 2016 worldwide
- Li-ion cylindrical: Market share in 2016 in volume worldwide
- Li-ion cylindrical in volume by manufacturer (2003-2016)
- PRISMATIC Li-ion Battery (Small cells)
- Li-Laminate Battery (Small cells)
- Li-ion laminate in volume by manufacturer
- LIB manufacturers yearly production (MWh/year)-2016: Samsung SDI , LG Chem, BYD, ATL, CATL, PANASONIC, TESLA, Sony, Lishen, ....
- Lithium ion cell production by region
- Battery production capacity: SLI Lead Acid, Lead Acid Industrial, Li-ion Portable, Li-ion Non portable and TESLA
- Typical li-ion battery plant: 3 to 5 GWh/yrs - 150-200 $/kWh
- LIB Manufacturing investments 2009-2016
- lithium ion battery major manufacturers worldwide: Samsung, LG, Panasonic, Sony, Lishen, CATL, BYD, ....
- Lead Acid battery major manufacturers worldwide: JC, Enersys, ....
Main applications in 2016
- Lead acid battery segmentation
- The worldwide battery market 1990-2016 in volume (MWh)
- The worldwide battery market 1990-2016 in value (B$)
- The lead acid battery market by application and technology in 2016
- NiCd in 2016 main application: Power tools
- NiMH in 2016 main application: Hybrid vehicles
- Li-ion in 2016 main applications: Electronic devices, Auto & E-bus, Industrial ESS, ....
PART 2: Technical, economical & regulation trends
- The Main Trends
- Technical, financial and regulation trends
- NiMH battery
- NiMH major developments for consumer batteries
- NiMH major developments
- Example of NiMH developments for HEV
- LIB - Main components
- LIB - Performances in 2016/2017
- 2016-2025 battery technology available
- Example of development on cylindrical LIB
- Time to market for New materials in lib industry
- Battery technology roadmap: Batteries take a long time to develop; to reach the automotive market, another 4 to 5 years are needed
- Time to market for New materials
- Ragone plot for lib, solidE state, li-air
Raw Materials trends
- LIB: The biggest part of the cost is raw materials
- CO & NI PRICE: Up & Down! Example between 2003 and 2017
- Li-ion value chain - Market demand
- Raw materials development & Raw material market
- LIB cathode material
- Cobalt needs for batteries in 2016: Li-ion, NiMH & NiCd
- Cobalt demand worldwide (Tons) 2000-2016
- Cobalt production worldwide (Tons) 2010-2016 (1/2)
- Cobalt production worldwide (Tons) 2010-2016 (2/2)
- Cobalt needs for batteries Total Cobalt consumption, worldwide, 2000-2016, Tons
- Cobalt needs for batteries is growing
- Cobalt consumption for batteries forecasts 2000-2025
- Nickel needs for batteries
- LIB Cathode active material needs
- Cathode active material needs: LCO, NMC, NCA, LMO and LFP
- LCO demand: CAGR 2016-2025:+4%
- NMC demand: CAGR 2016-2025: +20%
- NCA demand: CAGR 2016-2025: +16%
- LFP demand: CAGR 2016-2025:+8%
- LMO demand: CAGR 2016-2025:-12%
- Cathode active material forecasts 2000-2025
- The cathode value chain
- Anode active materials in tons in 2016
- Anode for LIB in 2016: Natural graphite become a commodity
- ANODE active material forecasts: Anode active materials 2005-2025
- Graphite is the main anode in 2016: > 95% of the anode use Graphite (Natural & Artificial) as active material
- Natural graphite: CAGR 2016-2025: +9%
- Artificial graphite: CAGR 2016-2025: +12%
- LTO (Li4Ti5O12) demand: CAGR 2016-2025 >30%
- Anode Road map diagram: 2016 - 2020 - 2025 -2030
- Anode Road map diagram - Anode material: Graphite is a commodity ; Add Si to increase capacity
- Major trends in anode materials
- The anode active material market 2010-2025
- The worldwide separator market for lib 2010-2025 (by application)
- LIB Separator market 2016
- Separator market by supplier in 2016
- Separator market (by separator type & application) in 2016
- Separator market (by application) in 2016 - Rationales
- Separator average price in $/m: 2000 -2016
- Separator market forecast 2000 - 2025 (volume, Mm2)
- Separator market forecast 2000 - 2020 (VALUE, M$)
- Electrolyte components
- Electrolyte formulation
- Electrolyte suppliers/Customers in 2016: Ube, Mitsubishi, Tomiyama, PANAX-ETEC, GTHR, Jinniu, Capchem, Shanshan, Soulbrain, TINCI, ....
- LIB electrolyte market share evolution
- The Chinese electrolyte market
- Electrolyte cost structure in 2016
- Electrolyte: Minimum and average price (2016)
- Electrolyte cost for electronics application
- Electrolyte cost for automotive application
- Electrolyte market 2000-2016 (M$): CAGR 2006-2016: >20%
- Electrolyte market forecast: 2000 - 2025 (volume, tons)
- Electrolyte cost forecasts for electronics application: 2010-2025
- Electrolyte cost forecasts: Automotive & large format application: 2010-2025
- Electrolyte market forecast: 2000 - 2025 (VALUE, M$)
- Electrolyte developments
- Electrolyte component market: Lithium Salt o Lipf6 market forecast: 2000 - 2025 (volume, tons)
- The LiPF6 price is decreasing fast!
- Li-salt market forecast: 2000 - 2025 (value, tons)
- Electrolyte component market: Solvent o Solvents
- SOLVENT market 2000 - 2025 (value)
- Electrolyte component market: Additives o Why additives?
- High-grade LIB contains over than 10 additives
- Electrolyte additives
- Additive market for electrolyte
Battery format trends
- Li-ion cell sizes for Portable PCs cylindrical cells size
- 18650 cells evolution 2010-2017
- Li-ion: Cylindrical, prismatic & pouch cells
- Battery Prices
- Average price for each technology in 2016
- Average price per cell by chemistry 2000-2025 (small cells)
- Energy price forecasts for portable electronic 2000-2016
- Li-ion 18650 cells: Price decreases 1996-2016
- 18650 Li-ion Battery prices by capacity in $ per cell
- Portable PC battery low cost details
- Li-ion battery cost 2016-2025
- LIB price forecasts
- Li-ion Production capacity and EBIT evolution 2014-2016 (capacity in GWh, EBIT in % of revenue)
- Li-ion Battery suppliers Operating Profits
- Sony's Li-ion Failure in 2006: Number of pack involved
- Sony's Li-ion Failure: Major Brand involved
- Sony's Li-ion Failure: Reason of the failure
- Sony's Li-ion battery failure impact - Cost for Sony
- But.... New recall in.... 2014!
- Samsung safety issues : Galaxy Note7 Smartphone recall
- Li-ion safety issue
- Safety issue: Li-ion and LMP are not thermally stable what raises serious safety concerns
- Safety is a sine-qua-non selection criteria for battery technologies
PART 3: 2016 & 2025 Forecasts
- Parameters analysis (Details are in the Application's module)
- Battery market forecasts 2016-2025
- Portable electronic devices forecasts 2010-2025
- Portable electronic devices forecasts 2010-2025: Laminate & Cylindrical
- Tesla and EV in china impact on 18650 market
- Tablets market in 2016
- Digital Camera 2010-2016
- Games 2000-2025
- Portable HDD/flash music player, MP3: 2000-2025
- RC Cars & Toys
- Cordless phones
- Household devices
- 2025 LIB forecasts for portable electronic devices
- HEV, P-HEV, EV 2025 forecasts
- Total battery demand 2025 forecasts
- X-EV battery market: 2000 - 2025 in M$
- The worldwide battery market in 2016 in B$
- Total potential market (M$, Pack level: Pack including cells, cells assembly, BMS, connectors - Power electronics - DC DC converters, invertors.... - not included
- Power tools 2000-2025
- E-Bikes 2000-2025
- ESS segmentation: Services provided by Energy Storage System (ESS)
- ESS segmentation : Stationary Energy Storage - Potential segmentation
- ESS market & forecasts
- Li-Ion battery market forecasts 2000 -2025
- Li-Ion battery market forecasts 2000 - 2025: Li-ion cells / Li-ion packs
- The lithium ion battery market worldwide 2016 - 2025
- CONTACTS - AVICENNE ENERGY