Product Code: SR1020B268_Report
The global lactose powder market reached a volume of 865 Kilotons in 2020. Lactose is naturally found in milk and milk-based products. It is a vital component of whey and aids in optimizing milk calcium usage by improving intestinal absorption and dairy protein assimilation. Lactose powder is a white, inert and water-soluble substance that is obtained from milk and has a pH value of seven. It comprises sugar, glucose and galactose molecules, and functions as an excellent source of instant energy. Currently, there is an increase in the consumption of nutritious food and beverages on account of the rising health consciousness among consumers. This, in turn, is spurring the demand for lactose powder across the globe.
The thriving food and beverage industry is one of the key factors driving the market growth. Lactose powder is easily available, cost-effective and has a low level of sweetness, owing to which it is widely utilized as a filler in various bakery and confectionery products such as bread, cookies, cereals and pancakes. It is also employed in frozen and canned products including soups, dehydrated potatoes and meal-replacement supplements to prevent discoloration. Apart from this, it is utilized in the pharmaceutical industry as a coating in over-the-counter (OTC) drugs such as antacids, throat lozenges and birth control pills. Furthermore, owing to the rising demand for calcium-fortified beverages among consumers, manufacturers are focusing on diversifying their portfolio of lactose-based products. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the global lactose powder market to exhibited moderate growth during the next five years.
Breakup by Application:
- Food Industry
- Diet and Sports Nutrition Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- At present, the food industry accounts for the majority of the total market share.
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- On the geographical front, North America represents the largest market for lactose powder around the world. This can be attributed to the concentration of dietary supplement manufacturers in the region.
The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report, along with the detailed profiles of the major players operating in the lactose powder industry:
- Lactalis International
- Nestle SA
- Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited
- Dairy Farmers of America Inc.
- Land O'Lakes, Inc.
- MEGGLE GmbH & Co. KG
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global lactose powder market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global lactose powder industry?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global lactose powder industry?
- What are the major application segments in the global lactose powder industry?
- What are the price trends of lactose powder?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global lactose powder industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global lactose powder industry?
- What is the structure of the global lactose powder industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global lactose powder industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global lactose powder industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a lactose powder manufacturing plant?
- How is lactose powder manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a lactose powder manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a lactose powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a lactose powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a lactose powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for lactose powder?
- What are the transportation requirements for lactose powder?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a lactose powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a lactose powder manufacturing plant?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Lactose Powder Industry
- 5.1 Market Overview
- 5.2 Market Performance
- 5.2.1 Volume Trends
- 5.2.2 Value Trends
- 5.3 Impact of COVID-19
- 5.4 Price Analysis
- 5.4.1 Key Price Indicators
- 5.4.2 Price Structure
- 5.4.3 Price Trends
- 5.5 Market Breakup by Region
- 5.6 Market Breakup by Application
- 5.7 Market Forecast
- 5.8 SWOT Analysis
- 5.8.1 Overview
- 5.8.2 Strengths
- 5.8.3 Weaknesses
- 5.8.4 Opportunities
- 5.8.5 Threats
- 5.9 Value Chain Analysis
- 5.9.1 Raw Material Procurement
- 5.9.2 Manufacturing
- 5.9.3 Marketing
- 5.9.4 Distribution
- 5.9.5 Export
- 5.9.6 End-Use
- 5.10 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.10.1 Overview
- 5.10.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 5.10.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.10.4 Degree of Competition
- 5.10.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 5.10.6 Threat of Substitutes
- 5.11 Key Success Factors and Risk Factors
6 Market Breakup by Region
- 6.1 North America
- 6.1.1 Market Trends
- 6.1.2 Market Forecast
- 6.2 Europe
- 6.2.1 Market Trends
- 6.2.2 Market Forecast
- 6.3 Oceania
- 6.3.1 Market Trends
- 6.3.2 Market Forecast
- 6.4 Asia
- 6.4.1 Market Trends
- 6.4.2 Market Forecast
- 6.5 Latin America
- 6.5.1 Market Trends
- 6.5.2 Market Forecast
- 6.6 Middle East and Africa
- 6.6.1 Market Trends
- 6.6.2 Market Forecast
7 Market Breakup by Application
- 7.1 Food Industry
- 7.1.1 Market Trends
- 7.1.2 Market Forecast
- 7.2 Diet & Sports Nutrition Industry
- 7.2.1 Market Trends
- 7.2.2 Market Forecast
- 7.3 Pharmaceutical Industry
- 7.3.1 Market Trends
- 7.3.2 Market Forecast
- 7.4 Others
- 7.4.1 Market Trends
- 7.4.2 Market Forecast
8 Competitive Landscape
- 8.1 Market Structure
- 8.2 Key Players
9 Lactose Powder Manufacturing Process
- 9.1 Product Overview
- 9.2 Detailed Process Flow
- 9.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 9.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
10 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 10.1 Land Requirements and Expenditures
- 10.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 10.3 Plant Machinery
- 10.4 Machinery Pictures
- 10.5 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- 10.6 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
- 10.7 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 10.8 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 10.9 Utility Requirements and Expenditures
- 10.10 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 10.11 Other Capital Investments
11 Loans and Financial Assistance
12 Project Economics
- 12.1 Capital Cost of the Project
- 12.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
- 12.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 12.4 Taxation and Depreciation
- 12.5 Income Projections
- 12.6 Expenditure Projections
- 12.7 Financial Analysis
- 12.8 Profit Analysis
13 Key Player Profiles
- 13.1 Lactalis International
- 13.2 Nestle SA
- 13.3 Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited
- 13.4 Dairy Farmers of America Inc.
- 13.5 Land O'Lakes, Inc.
- 13.6 MEGGLE GmbH & Co. KG