Product Code: SR1020B274_Report
The global smart TV market reached a value of US$ 202.1 Billion in 2020. Smart televisions (TVs), also known as connected TVs, are integrated with internet connectivity, which assists in providing a wide range of features, such as on-demand content from different applications, access to streaming services, and the capability of connecting with other wireless devices. They can also receive cable, satellite or over the air (OTA) transmission passively. Besides this, smart TVs have extra hardware and connections, along with a TV operating system and a graphical user interface (GUI). These adaptations help viewers in accessing and controlling features of the connected devices and streaming content from internet video services.
Owing to rapid urbanization, inflating income levels and the easy availability of high-speed internet, there is an increase in the consumers' spending on online video streaming channels, such as YouTube Premium, Netflix, Hulu, Vimeo and Amazon Prime Video. In line with this, as smart TVs can wirelessly connect to input devices, such as keyboards, mouses, smartphones and tablets, for enhancing usability and enabling text entry, navigation and internet browsing, their demand is increasing across the globe. Furthermore, some of the leading smartphone manufacturers, such as Xiaomi, Micromax and OnePlus, are taking a notable interest in smart TVs. As a result, they are focusing on entering the smart TV market, which has been dominated by electronics giants like Sony and Samsung for several years. Apart from this, the adoption of 4K resolution TV sets, in confluence with technological advancements in the industry are also anticipated to bolster the market growth in the upcoming years. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the global smart TV market to exhibit moderate growth during the next five years.
Breakup by Resolution Type:
- 4K UHD TV
- HD TV
- Full HD TV
- 8K TV
Breakup by Screen Size:
32 to 45 Inches
46 to 55 Inches
56 to 65 Inches
- Above 65 Inches
- The 46 to 55 inches segment exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
Breakup by Screen Type:
- Flat-screen TVs currently hold the largest market share.
Breakup by Technology:
- Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)
- Light Emitting Diode (LED)
- Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED)
- Quantum Dot Light Emitting Diode (QLED)
- Amongst these, LED accounts for the majority of the total market share.
Breakup by Platform:
- Tizen OS
- At present, Android dominates the market, holding the largest market share.
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- The offline segment represents the most popular distribution channel.
Breakup by Application:
- The residential sector accounts for the majority of the global market share.
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
- On the geographical front, Asia Pacific enjoys the leading position in the market.
The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report, along with the detailed profiles of the major players operating in the industry. Some of these players are:
- LG Electronics, Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Sony Corporation
- Panasonic Corporation
- Vizio Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Hisense Group Co. Ltd.
- Koninklijke Philips NV
- TCL Corporation
- Insignia Systems Inc.
- Haier Group Corporation
- Hitachi Ltd.
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global smart TV market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the industry?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global smart TV industry?
- What are the major resolution types in the industry?
- What are the popular screen sizes in the industry?
- What are the key screen types in the industry?
- What are the major technologies in the industry?
- What are the popular platforms in the industry?
- What are the key distribution channels in the industry?
- What are the major applications in the industry?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global smart TV industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global smart TV industry?
- What is the structure of the global smart TV industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global smart TV industry?
- How are smart TVs manufactured?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Smart TV Market
- 5.1 Market Overview
- 5.2 Market Performance
- 5.3 Impact of COVID-19
- 5.4 Market Breakup by Resolution Type
- 5.5 Market Breakup by Screen Size
- 5.6 Market Breakup by Screen Type
- 5.7 Market Breakup by Technology
- 5.8 Market Breakup by Platform
- 5.9 Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
- 5.10 Market Breakup by Application
- 5.11 Market Breakup by Region
- 5.12 Market Forecast
- 5.13 SWOT Analysis
- 5.13.1 Overview
- 5.13.2 Strengths
- 5.13.3 Weaknesses
- 5.13.4 Opportunities
- 5.13.5 Threats
- 5.14 Value Chain Analysis
- 5.14.1 Overview
- 5.14.2 Research and Development
- 5.14.3 Raw Material Procurement
- 5.14.4 Manufacturing
- 5.14.5 Marketing
- 5.14.6 Distribution
- 5.14.7 Exports
- 5.14.8 End-User
- 5.15 Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 5.15.1 Overview
- 5.15.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 5.15.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.15.4 Degree of Competition
- 5.15.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 5.15.6 Threat of Substitutes
- 5.16 Price Analysis
6 Market Breakup by Resolution Type
- 6.1 4K UHD TV
- 6.2 HD TV
- 6.3 Full HD TV
- 6.4 8K TV
7 Market Breakup by Screen Size
- 7.1 Below 32 Inches
- 7.2 32 to 45 Inches
- 7.3 46 to 55 Inches
- 7.4 56 to 65 Inches
- 7.5 Above 65 Inches
8 Market Breakup by Screen Type
9 Market Breakup by Technology
- 9.1 LCD (Liquid Crystal Display)
- 9.2 LED (Light Emitting Diode)
- 9.3 OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode)
- 9.4 QLED (Quantum Dot Light Emitting Diode)
10 Market Breakup by Platform
- 10.1 Android
- 10.2 Roku
- 10.3 WebOS
- 10.4 Tizen OS
- 10.5 iOS
- 10.6 MyHomeScreen
- 10.7 Others
11 Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
12 Market Breakup by Application
- 12.1 Residential
- 12.2 Commercial
13 Market Breakup by Region
- 13.1 Asia Pacific
- 13.2 Europe
- 13.3 North America
- 13.4 Middle East and Africa
- 13.5 Latin America
14 Smart TV Manufacturing Process
- 14.1 Product Overview
- 14.2 Raw Material Requirements
- 14.3 Manufacturing Process
- 14.4 Key Success and Risk Factors
15 Competitive Landscape
- 15.1 Market Structure
- 15.2 Key Players
- 15.3 Profiles of Key Players
- 15.3.1 Apple Inc.
- 15.3.2 Haier Group Corporation
- 15.3.3 Hisense Group Co. Ltd
- 15.3.4 Hitachi Ltd
- 15.3.5 Insignia Systems Inc.
- 15.3.6 Koninklijke Philips NV
- 15.3.7 LG Electronics Inc.
- 15.3.8 Panasonic Corporation
- 15.3.9 Samsung Electronics Co.
- 15.3.10 Sony Corporation
- 15.3.11 TCL Corporation
- 15.3.12 Vizio Inc.
- 15.3.13 Westinghouse Electric Corporation