Product Code: 47961
The global touchscreen controllers market (henceforth, referred to as the market studied) was valued at USD 4.04 billion in 2018, and it is expected to reach USD 9.17 billion by 2024, registering a CAGR of 14.95%, during the forecast period (2019-2024).
- Technological investments in gesture recognition have propelled the market growth by supporting gestures, such as slide, pinch-to-zoom, swipe (or flick), twist, and press-and-hold (or long press). Moreover, the automotive sector has significantly impacted the touchscreen controller industry.
- In addition to an increase in touchscreen units shipped, the projected capacitive touchscreens are replacing resistive technology in automotive applications.
- With so many requirements to fulfill, creating a high-quality touch interface is challenging. These different requirements can sometimes conflict with each other, leading to trade-offs, unless the system is designed in a smart manner.
Scope of the Report
The touch screen controllers can be classified on the basis of product type. It can be widely divided as Surface Acoustic Wave touchscreens, Infrared touchscreens, Optical imaging touchscreens and Acoustic pulse recognition. The scope of the study is limited to Restrictive and Capacitive due to its wider adoption in the touchscreen market.
Key Market Trends
Consumer Electronics is expected to hold the Major Share
- The consumer electronics is one of the most important and significant shareholding segment in the market. The fast paced demand from the segment for new and innovative products have seen touchscreen being embraced by multiple products.
- Mobiles, wearables, tablets, laptops, and PCs are among few consumer electronic products that have adopted the touch capabilities on a broader scale. Of late, products, such as washing machines, refrigerators, copiers etc. all have started equipping themselves with touch enabled interfaces to offer better consumer experience and create a differentiated demand.
- The competition in wearables segment is expected to grow as it has become more affordable and the volume of the devices crossing billion mark, by end of the forecast period.
- Foldable mobile phones are expected to bring more competition in market for controllers that support these systems. 5G devices are expected to sustain the demand growth of mobile devices and boost the demand in the market segment.
Asia-Pacific is expected to hold largest Market Share
- In the previous years, smart watches and smart bracelets have been seen stagnancy in its technological development because of lack of innovation and homogeneity. However, the growth rate of smartwatches is still soaring in China, coupled with a strong demand for the product.
- The growing dependence on smartphones and the availability of affordable smartphones have brought the average smartphone replacement cycle in India to 20 months.
- The declining cost of consumer electronics, such as smartphones and tablet PCs, the rising adoption of simplicity in user interface and government initiatives toward E-learning education, and reduction in labor cost through self-service have encouraged the usage of these devices in Japan.
- The South Korean automobile industry is one of the largest in the world. It has grown from a government-controlled industry to multinational enterprises in the last three decades. In 2017, South Korea was the sixth largest automotive manufacturer in the world. Major players, such as Hyundai, Kia, and Renault are based out of this country.
The Global Touchsceen Controllers market is highly competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. Competitive rivalry in the industry is governed by the presence of major players, such as NXP Semiconductors, Texas Instruments Incorporated, STMicroelectronics, Microchip Technology Inc., Integrated Device Technology Inc., etc. The companies are struggling to achieve competitive advantage over other players through innovation, and are coming up with differentiated products for various applications.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Key Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Key Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Introduction to Market Dynamics
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Increase in the Number of Smart Devices
- 4.3.2 Increased Usage Across Various Industries
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 Complexities Associated with the Technology
- 4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis - Industry Attractiveness
- 4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.6 TECHNOLOGY SNAPSHOT
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Type
- 5.1.1 Resistive
- 5.1.2 Capacitive
- 5.2 By End User
- 5.2.1 Industrial
- 5.2.2 Healthcare
- 5.2.3 Consumer Electronics
- 5.2.4 Retail
- 5.2.5 Automotive
- 5.2.6 BFSI
- 5.2.7 Other End Users
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 126.96.36.199 United States
- 188.8.131.52 Canada
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 France
- 22.214.171.124 Spain
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia Pacific
- 188.8.131.52 China
- 184.108.40.206 India
- 220.127.116.11 Japan
- 18.104.22.168 South Korea
- 22.214.171.124 Australia
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 Latin America
- 188.8.131.52 Brazil
- 184.108.40.206 Mexico
- 220.127.116.11 Argentina
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Latin America
- 5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
- 22.214.171.124 United Arab Emirates
- 126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
- 188.8.131.52 South Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 COMPANY PROFILES
- 6.1.1 NXP Semiconductors
- 6.1.2 Integrated Device Technology Inc.
- 6.1.3 SAMSUNG Electronics Co. Ltd
- 6.1.4 Texas Instruments Incorporated
- 6.1.5 Analog Devices Inc.
- 6.1.6 STMicroelectronics
- 6.1.7 MELFAS Co. Ltd
- 6.1.8 Synaptics Incorporated
- 6.1.9 Semtech Corporation
- 6.1.10 Microchip Technology Inc.
7 MARKET INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS