Product Code: 51874
The market for water and wastewater treatment technologies is likely to grow at a CAGR of 9% during the forecast period 2019 - 2024. One of the major driving factors of the market is the rapidly diminishing freshwater resources across the globe. However, lack of awareness on appropriate usage of water treatment techniques is likely to restrain the market.
- Increasing demand from shale gas exploration activities is also likely to boost the market growth.
- Active research on water treatment technologies is likely to provide opportunities for market growth in the future.
- Middle East & Africa is likely to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Municipal Water and Wastewater Treatment to Dominate the Market
- Wastewater treatment is necessary and used across the globe in different cities. The major applications of treatment technologies include preliminary treatment, primary and secondary treatment, tertiary treatment, biological nutrient removal (BNR), resource recovery, energy generation, etc.
- Moreover, municipal wastewater treatment involves a lot of biomass therefore, biological treatment is a major step used for the treatment of bio waste.
- North America and Europe are adopting the latest technologies in wastewater treatment at a faster rate than in other regions. The developed regions of North America and Europe are expected to continue the momentum of adaptation of the latest technologies.
- The majority of drinking water used in Israel and Saudi Arabia is generated from the desalination process which is likely to boost the demand for municipal water and wastewater treatment technologies.
- Hence, municipal water and wastewater treatment industry is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- In 2018, Asia-Pacific has accounted for the major share of the global water and wastewater treatment technologies market owing to high demand from countries like China and Japan.
- China has been discharging more wastewater than industrial wastewater in the recent times. Adding to the issue is the huge problem of pollution, especially in the major industrial locations of the country.
- Hence, the Chinese government began to concentrate more on the reorganization of the pollutant treatment measures, including water and industrial wastewater treatments which majorly includes biological treatment, which comprises of aerobic treatment, anaerobic treatment, etc.
- In India, the major industries are contributing to an extensive discharge of wastewater which is resulting in the increasing usage of wastewater treatment technologies in the region.
- Hence, Asia-Pacific is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period.
The market for water and wastewater treatment technologies is moderately fragmented as the market share is divided among a large number of players. Some of the key companies of the market include Veolia Environmental, Suez, and Evoqua Water, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Rapidly Diminishing Fresh Water Resources
- 4.1.2 Increasing Demand from Shale Gas Exploration Activities
- 4.1.3 Growing Wastewater Complexities in Developing Economies
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Lack of Awareness on Appropriate Usage of Water Treatment Techniques
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters 5 Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Oil/Water Separation
- 188.8.131.52 Gravity separators
- 184.108.40.206 Hydro-cyclones
- 220.127.116.11 Gas Flotation
- 18.104.22.168 Nutshell filters
- 5.1.2 Suspended Solids Removal
- 22.214.171.124 Clarifier/ Settling tanks
- 126.96.36.199 Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF)/ Induced Air Flotation (IAF)
- 188.8.131.52 Non-membrane Filtration
- 184.108.40.206 MF/UF Polymeric Membranes
- 220.127.116.11 Electrocoagulation
- 5.1.3 Dissolved Solids Removal
- 18.104.22.168 Reverse Osmosis (RO)
- 22.214.171.124 Multi-stage Flash Evaporation (MSFE)
- 126.96.36.199 Multi-effect Distillation (MED)
- 188.8.131.52 Vapor Compression Distillation (VCD)
- 184.108.40.206 Ion Exchange (IX)
- 220.127.116.11 Continuous Deionization (CDI)
- 18.104.22.168 Electro-dialysis (ED)/Electro-dialysis reversal (EDR)
- 22.214.171.124 Zero-Liquid Distillation
- 126.96.36.199 Thermal Brine Concentrato
- 5.1.4 Biological Treatment/Nutrient & Metals Recovery
- 188.8.131.52 Anaerobic/Oxic treatment
- 184.108.40.206 Aerobic/anoxic treatment
- 5.1.5 Disinfection/Oxidation
- 220.127.116.11 Chlorine-based compounds
- 18.104.22.168 Ultraviolet Light
- 22.214.171.124 Ozonation
- 126.96.36.199 Advanced Oxidation Processes
- 5.1.6 Others
- 5.2 End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Municipal Water & Wastewater Treatment
- 5.2.2 Food & Beverage
- 5.2.3 Pulp & Paper
- 5.2.4 Oil & Gas
- 5.2.5 Healthcare
- 5.2.6 Poultry and Aquaculture
- 5.2.7 Chemical
- 5.2.8 Others
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 188.8.131.52 China
- 184.108.40.206 India
- 220.127.116.11 Japan
- 18.104.22.168 South Korea
- 22.214.171.124 ASEAN Countries
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 220.127.116.11 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 France
- 126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
- 188.8.131.52 Italy
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of the Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 220.127.116.11 Brazil
- 18.104.22.168 Argentina
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
- 188.8.131.52 South Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa (MEA)
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Aecom
- 6.4.2 Aquatech International LLC
- 6.4.3 WS Atkins Plc
- 6.4.4 Black & Veatch Holding Company
- 6.4.5 Ch2m Hill, Inc.
- 6.4.6 Dow Water & Process Solutions
- 6.4.7 Evoqua Water Technologies
- 6.4.8 Ecolab Inc.
- 6.4.9 IDE Technologies
- 6.4.10 ITT Corporation
- 6.4.11 Kurita Water Industries Ltd
- 6.4.12 Louis Berger
- 6.4.13 Mott Macdonald
- 6.4.14 Organo Corporation
- 6.4.15 Ovivo
- 6.4.16 Paques
- 6.4.17 Remondis
- 6.4.18 Schlumberger Limited
- 6.4.19 Suez
- 6.4.20 Tetra Tech Inc.
- 6.4.21 Veolia Water
- 6.4.22 Doosan Hydro Technology, Inc.
- 6.4.23 Solenis International LP
- 6.4.24 Xylem Inc.
- 6.4.25 Siemens AG
- 6.4.26 Severn Trent Plc
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Active Research on Water Treatment Technologies