Product Code: CHM090B
The global anticorrosion coatings market should grow from $26.7 billion in 2019 to $32.5 billion by 2024, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.0% during the forecast period of 2019-2024.
The global epoxy coatings market should grow from $12.1 billion in 2019 to $14.7 billion by 2024, at a CAGR of 4.0% during the forecast period of 2019-2024.
The global acrylic coatings market should grow from $5.3 billion in 2019 to $6.6 billion by 2024, at a CAGR of 4.6% during the forecast period of 2019-2024.
The scope of this report is broad and covers various product types used across anticorrosion coating applications and end-user segments. To research, this report classifies the product types as epoxy, polyurethane, acrylic, alkyd, zinc, chlorinated rubber and others, as an effort to help companies and investors prioritize product opportunities and strategic movements.
End-user industries coverage includes marine, oil and gas, industrial manufacturing, construction, energy, automotive, and others. These sectors consume anticorrosion coatings for applications such as heat exchangers, cooling towers, boilers, effluent water treatment plants, pipe lines, drill equipment and rails that require specialized coating technologies to deal with corrosion resistance boosting for operational performance to be delivered by each of these major assets. Every piece of an asset has a lifetime cost attached to it, and the life cycle purely depends on the regular maintenance work performed on the asset.
The market segmentation is further classified into technology-based waterborne, solvent-borne, powder coating and others. Solvent-based anticorrosion coatings contain a high amount of volatile organic compounds that are hazardous for human health and the environment. Water-borne coatings are gaining popularity among various end-users owing to their properties, such as low VOC content in comparison with solvent-borne coatings. Powder coatings are used for metal protective coating applications as they deliver superior results, and in terms of color they stay bright and fresh for a long period.
Revenues reported are captured from 2018 to 2024 and given for each product type and end-user with estimated valued derived from the companies' total revenues.
The report also includes a discussion of the major players across each regional anticorrosion coatings market. Further, it explains the major drivers and regional dynamics of the global anticorrosion coatings market and current trends within the industry.
The report concludes with a special focus on the vendor landscape and includes detailed profiles of the major vendors in the global anticorrosion coatings market.
- 69 data tables and 35 additional tables
- An updated overview of the global market for anticorrosion coatings
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data corresponding to market size for 2018-2019, estimates for 2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Detailed insights into factors driving and restraining the growth of the global anticorrosion coatings market and a country-level market value analysis for each segment
- Estimation of market size and forecast the potential market for anticorrosion coatings, along with global market share analysis on the basis of product type, technology, end-user with major regions and countries involved
- Latest information on market opportunities, prospects and threats, new and upcoming technologies, regulatory developments, and demographic shifts that are affecting the market
- Industry value chain analysis of global anticorrosion coatings market providing a systematic study of the key intermediaries involved, which could further assist stakeholders in formulating appropriate strategies
- Key merger and acquisition deals, partnerships, innovations, joint ventures and other market strategies within the anticorrosion coatings industry
- Assessment of the competitive landscape and detailed profiles of the major listed companies, including Akzo Nobel N.V., BASF SE, DuPont Chemical Co., The Dow Chemical Co., Hempel A/S, PPG Industries Inc., and The Sherwin-Williams Co.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2: Executive Summary
Chapter 3: Overview
- Market Potential
- Market Share
- Value Chain Analysis
- Regulatory Framework
- ACQPA, France
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Chemistry Council (ACC)
- The Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA)
- Society of Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates (SOCMA)
- Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA)
- European Chemicals Agency (ECHA)
- REACH Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008
- Specific Regulatory Efforts Concerned with Coatings
- Porter's 5 Forces Analysis
- Bargaining Power of Buyers: HIGH
- Bargaining Power of Suppliers: HIGH
- Threat of Substitutes: MODERATE
- Threat of New Entrants: LOW
- Competitive Rivalry: HIGH
- Investment Analysis
- Industry Growth Drivers
- Growing Need for Water as a Strategic Resource for Industrial Applications
- Increasing Adoption of Advanced Technologies Driving Manufacturing
- Growing Need for Drinking Water and Municipal Wastewater Treatment
- Annual Maintenance Contracts (AMC) and OEM Product Retrofit Opportunities
- Increasing R&D Investments by Coating Companies
- Anticipated Crude Oil and Shale Gas Processing Capabilities
- Growth of the Food and Beverage Industry
- Market Restraint Analysis
- Short-Term Impact Due to COVID-19 Outbreak
- Construction Industry's Short-Term Turbulence
- Increasing Operational Expenditure (OPEX) Concerns
- Increasing Environmental Concerns
- Light-weight Concepts Hamper Automotive Anticorrosion Coatings Consumption Volumes
Chapter 4: Market Breakdown by Type of Product
- Epoxy Anticorrosion Coatings
- Polyurethane Anticorrosion Coatings
- Acrylic Anticorrosion Coatings
- Alkyd Anticorrosion Coatings
- Zinc Anticorrosion Coatings
- Chlorinated Rubber and Other Anticorrosion Coatings
Chapter 5: Market Breakdown by Technology
- Solvent-borne Anticorrosion Coatings
- Water-borne Anticorrosion Coatings
- Powder Coatings and Others
Chapter 6: Market Breakdown by End User
- Oil and Gas
- Industrial Manufacturing
Chapter 7: Market Breakdown by Region
- North America
- Rest of the World
Chapter 8: Market Breakdown by Country
- United States
- United Kingdom
Chapter 9: Industry Structure
Chapter 10: Competitive Landscape
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Joint Ventures
- Other Key Market Strategies
Chapter 11: Company Profiles
- AKZO NOBEL N.V.
- ASHLAND LLC
- AXALTA COATING SYSTEMS LTD.
- BASF SE
- DUPONT CHEMICAL CO.
- THE DOW CHEMICALS CO.
- HEMPEL A/S
- KANSAI PAINT CO., LTD.
- NIPPON PAINT
- PPG INDUSTRIES
- RPM INDUSTRIES
- THE SHERWIN-WILLIAMS CO.
- WACKER CHEMIE AG