Product Code: 67396
The Global Messaging Security Market was valued at USD 4,008.1 million in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 14,771.3 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 24.54% during the forecast period (2021-2026). With the outbreak of COVID-19, the messaging security market is expected to witness significant growth as security tools and solutions are increasingly adopted, due to organizations deploying remote work access, amid lockdown, in various countries. According to data provided by Google, an average of about 18 million COVID-19 spamming emails are blocked by the company every day.
According to F-Secure's Attack Landscape report (H1 2020), cyber criminals moved quickly to capitalize on the COVID-19 outbreak. There was a significant increase in malicious emails utilizing various COVID-19 issues as a lure to manipulate users into exposing themselves to various email attacks and scams.
- Further, enterprises are facing rising security risks as business communications increasingly shift to consumer messaging applications on mobile devices. The continued increase in BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) and smartphone adoption, coupled with employee use of consumer-grade messaging apps that lack the physical and technical safeguards necessary for enterprise communication, is exposing companies to security risks.
- According to a study by Cisco Systems, the proliferation of BYOD and smart devices in an organization having 1000-9999 employees is considered a 29% high cybersecurity risk. Also, according to Verizon's 2020 Mobile Security Index, 39% of organizations admitted suffering a security compromise involving a mobile device. Of those that had suffered a compromise, 66% said the impact was major, and 36% said it had lasting repercussions.
- The number of mobile users is increasing and will continue to soar. According to the GSMA, the number of unique mobile subscribers, as of March 2021, accounted for 5.26 billion. Hence, there will be an increase in the use of SMS. With the increase in SMS, data breaches are also gaining prevalence. In December 2019, a massive database run by TrueDialog, having tens of millions of SMS text messages, where most of the messages were sent by businesses to potential customers, has been found online.
Key Market Trends
Applications in BFSI to Hold a Significant Market Share
- The financial sector gathers a massive volume of data generated by its customers. To use the collected data through various data points and improve customer satisfaction, banks and financial organizations are increasingly employing services to store and analyze complex data. With greater customer expectations, the growing technological capabilities, and regulatory requirements, banking institutions are pushed to adopt a proactive approach to security, thereby incorporating cloud-based security platforms.
- Email security solutions help reduce risks, implementation time, and costs for banks that try to keep pace with regulations regarding organizational access control. The data is continuously growing, primarily due to the increase in the number of e-transactions. Email exchanges within this sector amongst employees and customers contain crucial valuable information that is lucrative and can result in a high gain for hackers.
- Additionally, organizations in the investment banking sector use emails as the primary mode of communication internally and externally. They also use measures to encrypt and limit eavesdropping and hacking of their email accounts. As per McAfee's Malicious Detection study, 1.3% of the financial industry companies globally reported malicious detections. The survey realized 13,272 companies' responses from a survey period of January 2020 to March 2021.
- To secure their IT processes and systems, secure customer critical data, and comply with government regulations, private and public banking institutes are focused on implementing the latest technology to prevent cyber attacks.
North America is Expected to Witness Highest Growth in the Market
- North America is a primary hub for all the major organizations, globally. The region is among the leading innovators and pioneers in terms of technological adoption. It has a strong foothold of messaging security solution vendors, which considerably contributes to the growth of the market.
- There has been an exponential growth of data, with an increase in the number of e-transactions. Email exchanges, especially within end-user industries like the BFSI, government, retail, and e-commerce, among employees and customers, contain crucial valuable information that is rather lucrative and may result in a high gain for hackers. Hence, organizations based out of the region, which use emails as a primary mode of communication, both internally and externally, are taking measures to encrypt and limit eavesdropping and hacking of their email accounts.
- According to the statistics released by Kaspersky Lab, about 10.85% of global spam email volume originated from IPs based in the United States in Q3 2020. Additionally, during the same year, Americans lost more than USD 70,000 to Nigerian Prince Scams, according to 99 firms.
- The expansion of the various end-user industries and the growth of IoT are driving the demand for smart devices in the region. The risks of attacks impacting the market may vary from corporates to governments. Thus, securing the data has become a priority in the region. Moreover, cyberattacks in the North American region, especially in the United States, are rising rapidly. They have reached an all-time high, primarily due to the rapidly increasing number of connected devices in the region.
- Players operating in the market have adopted various growth strategies, such as new product offerings or patching vulnerabilities, within their offering portfolio with an intent to expand their customer base. For instance, in November 2020, Trend Micro, an American multinational cybersecurity software company, patched several vulnerabilities in its InterScan Messaging Security product, including flaws that may have a serious impact.
The market is fragmented due to the presence of the major companies in the market, like Tata Communications, Macafee, Cisco, Microsoft, and other new players striving to innovate and collaborate to capture the maximum market share. Since hackers are continuously trying to penetrate the messaging software security, the companies are spending heavily on updating the firmware and firewall software to prevent users from unnecessary attacks and spams.
- February 2021 - eSentire, a global Managed Detection and Response (MDR) provider, integrated its MDR services with Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, and joined the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA). eSentire's MDR Services consist of the patented, multi-signal correlation capabilities of the Atlas XDR platform and the company's 24x7 threat monitoring, real-time cyber hunting, and remote threat response capability. With the integration of the eSentire MDR service and Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, organizations can use their existing investment in the Microsoft ecosystem. The eSentire MDR for Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is a comprehensive solution that is simple to use, cost effective and delivers the outcomes organizations need to stop cyber attackers in their tracks.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Demand for Protecting the Confidential Information from Malware Threats
- 4.3.2 Increasing Popularity of Cloud-based and Virtual Appliance-based Solutions
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 Lack of Awareness about Cyberattacks
- 4.4.2 Increasing Complexity in Implementing Various Messaging Security Solution
- 4.5 Impact of Covid-19 on the Market
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Deployment Type
- 5.1.1 Cloud
- 5.1.2 On-Premise
- 5.2 Type
- 5.3 End User Industry
- 5.3.1 BFSI
- 5.3.2 Government
- 5.3.3 Healthcare
- 5.3.4 Media and Entertainment
- 5.3.5 Retail and E-commerce
- 5.3.6 Manufacturing
- 5.3.7 Education
- 5.3.8 Other End User Industries
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 North America
- 5.4.2 Europe
- 5.4.3 Asia Pacific
- 5.4.4 Latin America
- 5.4.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles*
- 6.1.1 Mcafee, LLC
- 6.1.2 Cisco Systems, Inc.
- 6.1.3 Barracuda Networks, Inc.
- 6.1.4 Microsoft Corporation
- 6.1.5 Trend Micro Incorporated
- 6.1.6 TATA Communications
- 6.1.7 Mimecast Limited
- 6.1.8 Trustwave Holdings, Inc.
- 6.1.9 Sophos Ltd.
- 6.1.10 Proofpoint, Inc.
- 6.1.11 Forcepoint Software company
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 FUTURE OF THE MARKET