Product Code: 62366
Global Small Cell Network Market - Segmented By Type (Femtocell, Picocell, Microcell, Metrocell) Operating Environment (Indoor, Outdoor), End User Vertical (BFSI, IT and Telecommunications, Healthcare, Retail, Transportation, Energy and Utilities) and Region - Growth, Trends and Forecast (2018 - 2023).
The small cell network market has been valued at USD 1.66 billion in 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 26.7% over forecast period (2018 - 2023), to reach USD 6.82 billion by 2023. The scope of the report covers the applications of different types of cells such as femtocell, picocell, microcell, metrocell across various industries such as BFSI, IT and Telecom, healthcare, retail, transportation and energy and utilities.
Mobile network usage is increasing at an astounding rate as data rates rise driven by an insatiable customer appetite for social media, video, gaming, and live streaming. With the surging popularity of wearable and implantable devices and the growing penetration of smart devices, the number of global mobile broadband users is increasing. Also, the rising demand for 4K videos, HD VoLTE, and VR is expected to create a tenfold data volume consumption increase per user. Thus, with the omnipresence of smartphone and mobile broadband technology, advancement towards 5G, and rise in mobile data as the primary use cases, the demand for small cell networks is on a significant increase.
Increasing Use of Mobile Devices to drive the Demand for Small Cell Networks
Mobile technologies have created a positive impact in the developed regions. The increase in mobile data traffic, which is driven by the rapid adoption of smart phones, has pushed telecom operators to provide superior quality network to their end users.
This dependence on the usage of mobile data has effectively driven the installation of small cells reducing the bottle-necks in the available spectrum. As data traffic rises and subscribers' performance expectations grow, supplementing macro networks with small cells is an effective way to provide coverage and capacity indoors and outdoors, in the public space, enterprises and in homes. Further, small cells offer low-cost infrastructure to add capacity and coverage to cellular, macrocell-based networks. This enables operators to deliver wireless bandwidth and coverage in a cost-effective manner to high-density areas in which heavy mobile data users congregate, including mobile broadband and smartphones users. In addition, small cells deployed in strategic areas are the perfect vehicles to bring network innovation such as value-adding applications, local contextual applications, and IoT services.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold the Fastest Growth Rate over the Forecast Period
The market Asia Pacific is currently experiencing rapid growth owing to the increasing requirement for high-speed data networks in most countries of this region. China and Japan are the primary revenue contributors in this region. The companies in the region are continuously investing in improving their broadband network performances. In November 2017, Nokia and China Unicom together offered Nokia Flexi Zone small cells and an AirScale low power radio head for deployment in 31 provinces in China. This gave China Unicom's subsidiaries new flexibility as they densified busy city 3G and 4G LTE networks and further enhanced performance in suburban and rural locations. Moreover, there is an increased penetration of smartphones and the rise in data traffic in the region that is contributing to market growth.
Key Developments in the Market:
- May 2018 - Qualcomm Technologies Inc. has introduced 5G NR solution for small cells and remote radio heads. Built on the market-proven and broadly deployed Qualcomm FSM Platform for 3G and 4G small cells, this highly flexible solution is designed to enable original equipment manufacturers to reuse both software and hardware designs across sub-6 and mmWave products, supporting high-bandwidth and robust coverage for mobile subscribers around the globb.
- January 2018 - Nokia had launched MulteFire(TM) small cell to widen adoption of private LTE for industries, enterprises and operators. This new small cell, the Nokia Flexi Zone MulteFire Multiband Pico BTS is enabling companies to connect mobile sensor-enabled things and people more efficiently, allowing new business models and paving the way towards future 5G connectivity.
- Major Players: ALCATEL-LUCENT ENTERPRISE, NOKIA NETWORKS, AMERICAN TOWER, QUALCOMM TECHNOLOGIES INC., ZTE CORPORATION, VERIZON WIRELESS, MOBILITIE, HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO. LTD., AIRSPAN NETWORKS INC., AIRVANA INC., CISCO SYSTEMS INC., QUCELL INC., AT&T INC., CIRRUS CORE NETWORKS, and ERICSSON AB, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Impact of opportunities offered by multi-technology smart cells to the market
- Analysis of various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter's five forces analysis
- The segments that are expected to dominate the market
- Regional analysis of the market during the forecast period
- Latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players and key innovators
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
Customization of the Report:
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Market Definition
- 1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Factors Driving the Market
- 4.2.1 Evolution of Network Technology and Connectivity Devices
- 4.2.2 Rising Demand for Mobile Devices
- 4.3 Factors Challenging the Market
- 4.3.1 Increased Need of Managing the Network
- 4.4 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces
- 4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.5.4 Threat of Substitute products or services
- 4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry Among Existing Competitors
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Global Small Cell Network Market- Segmented by Type
- 6.1 Femtocell
- 6.2 Picocell
- 6.3 Microcell
- 6.4 Metrocell
7. Global Small Cell Network Market- Segmented by Operating Environment
8. Global Small Cell Network Market- Segmented by End-User Vertical
- 8.1 BFSI
- 8.2 IT and Telecommunications
- 8.3 Healthcare
- 8.4 Retail
- 8.5 Transportation
- 8.6 Energy and Utilities
- 8.7 Others
9. Global Small Cell Network Market - Segmented by Geography
- 9.1 North America
- 9.1.1 United States
- 9.1.2 Canada
- 9.2 Europe
- 9.2.1 United Kingdom
- 9.2.2 Germany
- 9.2.3 France
- 9.2.4 Spain
- 9.2.5 Rest of Europe
- 9.3 Asia-Pacific
- 9.3.1 China
- 9.3.2 India
- 9.3.3 Japan
- 9.3.4 Australia
- 9.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 9.4 Rest of the World
- 9.4.1 Latin America
- 9.4.2 Middle East & Africa
10. Competitive Landscape - Key Vendor Profiles
- 10.1 Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise
- 10.2 Nokia Networks
- 10.3 American Tower
- 10.4 Qualcomm Technologies Inc.
- 10.5 ZTE Corporation
- 10.6 Verizon Wireless
- 10.7 Mobilitie, LLC
- 10.8 Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- 10.9 Airspan Networks Inc.
- 10.10 Airvana Inc.
- 10.11 Cisco Systems Inc.
- 10.12 Qucell Inc.
- 10.13 AT&T Inc.
- 10.14 Cirrus Core Networks
- 10.15 Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
List not Exhaustive
11. Future Outlook of the Market