Product Code: MD 3644
"The global medical waste management market size is projected to register a CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period"
The global medical waste management market size is projected to reach USD 9.0 billion by 2025 from USD 6.8 billion in 2020, at a CAGR of 5.6%. The increasing volume of healthcare waste and the growing geriatric and obese populations are the major factors driving the growth of the global medical waste management market. However, hospitals, healthcare institutes, and pharmaceutical companies have to make significant investments for the collection and processing of waste in an appropriate manner so as to reduce environmental pollution. This, coupled with the low awareness in developing countries, is expected to affect the growth of this market during the forecast period.
"The treatment and disposal segment is anticipated to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period"
The medical waste management market by service is categorized into collection, transportation, and storage services; treatment & disposal services; and recycling services. The collection, transportation, and storage services segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of this segment is mainly driven by an increasing amount of waste generated by healthcare facilities and the rising number of surgeries performed in the hospitals.
"The offsite treatment segment is estimated to grow at a rapid rate during the analysis period"
On the basis of the treatment site, the medical waste management market is segmented into and onsite treatment. The offsite treatment segment is expected to account for the largest share of the global medical waste management market in 2019. Factors such as the increasing number of conferences and high costs associated with onsite medical waste treatment are driving the growth of the offsite treatment segment.
"Asia Pacific is estimated to register the highest CAGR during the study period"
Geographically, the medical waste management market is dominated by North America, which is then followed by Europe for 2019. However, the Asia Pacific region is estimated to grow at the fastest rate owing to the increasing number of hospitals and clinics, growing population, and increasing medical waste generation by healthcare facilities are driving market growth in this region.
Breakdown of Profiles of Primary Participants:
- By Company Type: Tier 1: 32%, Tier 2: 44%, and Tier 3: 24%
- By Designation: C-level: 30%, Director-level: 34%, and Others: 36%
- By Region: North America: 40%, Europe: 28%, Asia Pacific: 20%, and the Rest of the World: 12%
The key players in the medical waste management market include: Stericycle (US), Veolia Environnement S.A. (France), Suez Environnement (France), Clean Harbors (US), REMONDIS AG & Co. KG (Germany), Sharps Compliance, Inc. (US), Waste Management, Inc., (US), BioMedical Waste Solutions, LLC (US), Daniels Sharpsmart Inc. (Australia), Republic Services, Inc. (US), EcoMed Services (US), GRP & Associates (US), BWS Incorporated (US), MedPro Disposal (US), GIC Medical Disposal (Canada), Gamma Waste Services (US), Triumvirate Environmental (US), EPCO (Saudi Arabia), Casella Waste Systems, Inc. (US), & All Medical Waste Australia Pty Ltd. (Australia).
The report analyzes the medical waste management market by service, treatment site, waste generator, type of waste, and region. Apart from comprehensive geographic product analysis and market sizing, the report also provides a competitive landscape that covers the growth strategies adopted by market players over the last three years. In addition, the company profiles include the product portfolios, developments, and strategies adopted by prominent market players to maintain and increase their shares in the market. Market research data, current market size, and forecast of future trends will help key market players and new entrants to make the necessary decisions regarding product offerings, geographic focus, change in strategic approach, and levels of output to remain successful in the market.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report:
This report will enable both established firms and new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which, in turn, will help these firms garner greater market shares. Firms purchasing the report can use any one, or a combination of the below mentioned five strategies for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the services of the top players in the medical waste management market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market strategies, geographic and business segments, and product portfolios of the leading players in the medical waste management market
- Market Development: Detailed information about emerging markets.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the medical waste management market
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2 MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3 MARKET SCOPE
- 1.4 YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.5 CURRENCY
- 1.6 LIMITATIONS
- 1.7 STAKEHOLDERS
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 SECONDARY DATA
- 2.1.1 KEY DATA FROM SECONDARY SOURCES
- 2.2 PRIMARY DATA
- 2.2.1 KEY DATA FROM PRIMARY SOURCES
- 2.3 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.3.1 BOTTOM-UP APPROACH
- 2.3.2 TOP-DOWN APPROACH
- 2.3.3 GROWTH FORECAST
- 2.4 DATA TRIANGULATION METHODOLOGY
- 2.5 ASSUMPTIONS FOR THE STUDY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1 MEDICAL WASTE MANAGEMENT MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.2 NORTH AMERICA: MEDICAL WASTE MANAGEMENT MARKET, BY TYPE OF WASTE, 2019
- 4.3 GEOGRAPHICAL SNAPSHOT OF THE MEDICAL WASTE MANAGEMENT MARKET
5 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1 DRIVERS
- 18.104.22.168 Increasing volume of healthcare waste
- 22.214.171.124 Growing geriatric and obese populations
- 5.2.2 RESTRAINTS
- 126.96.36.199 High capital investments
- 5.2.3 OPPORTUNITIES
- 188.8.131.52 Increasing number of awareness programs for medical waste management in developed countries
- 5.2.4 CHALLENGES
- 184.108.40.206 Lack of awareness about medical waste management in developing countries
6 MEDICAL WASTE MANAGEMENT MARKET, BY SERVICE
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION
- 6.2 COLLECTION, TRANSPORTATION, AND STORAGE SERVICES
- 6.2.1 COLLECTION, TRANSPORTATION, AND STORAGE SERVICES TO DOMINATE THE MEDICAL WASTE MANAGEMENT MARKET DURING THE FORECAST PERIOD
- 6.3 TREATMENT & DISPOSAL SERVICES
- 6.3.1 INCINERATION
- 220.127.116.11 Many companies are investing in the development of incinerators for small- and medium-scale healthcare facilities-a key factor driving market growth
- 6.3.2 AUTOCLAVING
- 18.104.22.168 Initiatives by government & non-government organizations to support market growth
- 6.3.3 CHEMICAL TREATMENT
- 22.214.171.124 Increasing focusing on the onsite treatment of medical waste to avoid the spread of infections to support market growth
- 6.3.4 OTHER TREATMENTS
- 6.4 RECYCLING SERVICES
- 6.4.1 INCREASING AWARENESS ABOUT RECYCLING MEDICAL WASTE TO DRIVE THE GROWTH OF THIS SEGMENT
7 MEDICAL WASTE MANAGEMENT MARKET, BY TYPE OF WASTE
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION
- 7.2 NON-HAZARDOUS WASTE
- 7.2.1 INCREASING SURGICAL VOLUME BOOSTS THE GENERATION OF NON-HAZARDOUS WASTE
- 7.3 HAZARDOUS WASTE
- 7.3.1 INFECTIOUS & PATHOLOGICAL WASTE
- 126.96.36.199 Increasing incidence of infectious diseases will lead to the greater generation of infectious medical waste
- 7.3.2 SHARP WASTE
- 188.8.131.52 Increasing number of surgeries will support market growth
- 7.3.3 PHARMACEUTICAL WASTE
- 184.108.40.206 Presence of stringent regulations and protocols for the monitoring and disposal of pharmaceutical waste is a key growth driver
- 7.3.4 OTHER HAZARDOUS WASTE
8 MEDICAL WASTE MANAGEMENT MARKET, BY TREATMENT SITE
- 8.1 INTRODUCTION
- 8.2 OFFSITE TREATMENT
- 8.2.1 HIGH COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH MEDICAL WASTE TREATMENT AT ONSITE LOCATIONS TO DRIVE THE MARKET FOR OFFSITE TREATMENT
- 8.3 ONSITE TREATMENT
- 8.3.1 GROWING COMPANY INITIATIVES TO PROVIDE ADVANCED ONSITE EQUIPMENT WILL DRIVE MARKET GROWTH
9 MEDICAL WASTE MANAGEMENT MARKET, BY WASTE GENERATOR
- 9.1 INTRODUCTION
- 9.2 HOSPITALS & DIAGNOSTIC LABORATORIES
- 9.2.1 RISING NUMBER OF SURGERIES CONTRIBUTING TO THE GENERATION OF WASTE IN HOSPITALS & DIAGNOSTIC LABORATORIES
- 9.3 OTHER WASTE GENERATORS
10 MEDICAL WASTE MANAGEMENT MARKET, BY REGION
- 10.1 INTRODUCTION
- 10.2 NORTH AMERICA
- 10.2.1 US
- 10.2.1.1 Stringent regulations for handling medical waste play a crucial role in the growth of the market in the US
- 10.2.2 CANADA
- 10.2.2.1 Increasing number of surgical procedures will drive market growth in Canada
- 10.3 EUROPE
- 10.3.1 GERMANY
- 10.3.1.1 Germany accounts for the largest share of the European medical waste management market
- 10.3.2 FRANCE
- 10.3.2.1 Large amount of medical waste generated by healthcare facilities in France to drive market growth
- 10.3.3 UK
- 10.3.3.1 Growing patient population and rising surgical volume is a key driver of market demand
- 10.3.4 ITALY
- 10.3.4.1 Italy's strict legislation to govern waste management activities to support market growth
- 10.3.5 SPAIN
- 10.3.5.1 Growing geriatric population is a key growth driver in the market in Spain
- 10.3.6 REST OF EUROPE
- 10.4 ASIA PACIFIC
- 10.4.1 JAPAN
- 10.4.1.1 Japan has the largest proportion of the geriatric population of any country, which will increase the demand for healthcare and the generation of medical waste
- 10.4.2 CHINA
- 10.4.2.1 China accounts for the second-largest share of the APAC market
- 10.4.3 INDIA
- 10.4.3.1 Government initiatives and expansions in healthcare infrastructure will drive the demand for waste management
- 10.4.4 REST OF ASIA PACIFIC
- 10.5 REST OF THE WORLD
11 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 11.1 OVERVIEW
- 11.2 MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS, 2018
- 11.3 COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
- 11.3.1 PRODUCT LAUNCHES
- 11.3.2 PARTNERSHIPS
- 11.3.3 ACQUISITIONS
- 11.4 COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING (2018)
- 11.4.1 VENDOR INCLUSION CRITERIA
- 11.4.2 VISIONARY LEADERS
- 11.4.3 INNOVATORS
- 11.4.4 DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 11.4.5 EMERGING COMPANIES
12 COMPANY PROFILES
(Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, MnM View)*
- 12.1 STERICYCLE
- 12.2 VEOLIA ENVIRONNEMENT S.A.
- 12.3 SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT S.A.
- 12.4 SHARPS COMPLIANCE, INC.
- 12.5 WASTE MANAGEMENT, INC.
- 12.6 CLEAN HARBORS, INC.
- 12.7 REMONDIS SE & CO. KG
- 12.8 BIOMEDICAL WASTE SOLUTIONS, LLC
- 12.9 DANIELS SHARPSMART, INC.
- 12.10 REPUBLIC SERVICES, INC
- 12.11 ECOMED SERVICES
- 12.12 GRP & ASSOCIATES, INC.
- 12.13 BWS INCORPORATED
- 12.14 MEDPRO DISPOSAL
- 12.15 GIC MEDICAL DISPOSAL
- 12.16 GAMMA WASTE SERVICES
- 12.17 TRIUMVIRATE ENVIRONMENTAL INC.
- 12.18 EPCO
- 12.19 ALL MEDICAL WASTE AUSTRALIA PTY LTD.
- 12.20 CASELLA WASTE SYSTEMS, INC.
Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, MnM View might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 13.1 INSIGHTS OF INDUSTRY EXPERTS
- 13.2 DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 13.3 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 13.4 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 13.5 RELATED REPORTS
- 13.6 AUTHOR DETAILS