Product Code: IRTNTR8126
Market outlook of baby stroller and pram
Faced with fast-paced modern lifestyles along with the emergence of nuclear and single-parent families worldwide, consumers are increasingly seeking for convenience and safety of their baby, hence they are relying on convenient and safe baby care products. Technavio€™s research shows that the changing lifestyles are a major factor triggering market growth, which has resulted in a projected CAGR of over 5% for the global baby stroller and pram market during the forecast period.
Geographically, the baby stroller and pram market is well diversified across Europe, North America, the APAC region, and ROW. Europe held the top position with the biggest market share in terms of revenue in 2015. The main reasons contributing to Europe€™s high market share is the improvements in product quality along with rising demand for multifunctional and convenient baby travel gear and decreasing price amongst the population.
Product segmentation and analysis of the baby stroller and pram market
- Buggy (prams)
- Compact (prams)
- Comfort (strollers)
- 3-wheeler (strollers)
- Multi-child (strollers)
The year 2015 witnessed the dominance of the comfort strollers segment with more than 37% share. However, the 3-wheeler strollers segment is gaining traction and is expected to have the fastest growth during the forecast period. Peg Perego, Kolcraft, Britax, Bumbleride, Mountain Buggy and Valco are some of the trending brands for 3-wheeler strollers.
Segmentation and analysis by sales channel of the baby stroller and pram market
- Baby boutique stores
- Chain specialized stores
- Mass market stores
- Online retailers
In terms of sales channel, the chain specialized stores segment was the leading distributor of baby strollers and prams and accounted for a significant share of more than 55% in 2015. These stores are organized retail outlets, which offers a wide variety of baby care products to consumers.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
Increased consumer concerns regarding the safety of their child and the rise in per capita income in developing economies such as APAC and ROW, which include Latin America, Middle East, and Africa, are spurring the growth of the market, making them an attractive location for the launch of new products. Therefore, international vendors are increasing venturing into these market and expanding their market share.
The leading vendors in the market are -
- Baby Jogger
Other prominent vendors in the market include Baby Trend, Brevi, Britax, Bugaboo, Bumbleride, Combi, Concord, Inglesina, Joovy, Mamas and Papas, Mee Mee, Mother Care, Orbit Baby, Peg Perego, Stokke, Thule, and UPPAbaby.
Key questions answered in the report
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global baby stroller and pram market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global baby stroller and pram market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global baby stroller and pram market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global baby stroller and pram market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the APAC, Europe, North America and ROW.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global baby stroller and pram market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Top vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
PART 05: Overview of the global baby care market
PART 06: Key emerging economies in the baby care market
PART 07: Market landscape
- Market overview
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 08: Product segmentation
PART 09: Market segmentation by sales channel
- Global baby stroller and pram market by sales channel
PART 10: Geographical segmentation
- North America
PART 11: Key leading countries
PART 12: Market drivers
- Growing urbanization
- Changing lifestyles
- Increased disposable income
- Improved functionality and performance
PART 13: Impact of drivers
PART 14: Market challenges
- Declining birth rates
- Unsafe aspects of baby strollers and prams
- Low market penetration
PART 15: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 16: Market trends
- Improved product quality
- Increased demand from developing nations
- Improved specificity and multifunctionality of baby strollers
- Growth in the online retail sector
PART 17: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Other prominent vendors
PART 18: Key vendor analysis
- Baby Jogger
PART 19: Appendix
PART 20: Explore Technavio
List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 01: Product offerings
- Exhibit 02: Global baby care market product segmentation
- Exhibit 03: Baby skin care product segmentation
- Exhibit 04: Baby hair care product segmentation
- Exhibit 05: Baby bath products segmentation
- Exhibit 06: Baby toiletries product segmentation
- Exhibit 07: Baby safety and convenience product segmentation
- Exhibit 08: Baby recreational activities product segmentation
- Exhibit 09: Key emerging economies
- Exhibit 10: Population of India, China, and Nigeria 2008-2014 (billion)
- Exhibit 11: Urban population of China, India, and Nigeria 2008-2014 (as a % of the total population)
- Exhibit 12: Mortality rate, under 5 years (per 1,000 live births) in China, India, and Nigeria 2008-2013
- Exhibit 13: Birth rates per 1,000 people in China, India, and Nigeria
- Exhibit 14: Overview of global baby stroller and pram market
- Exhibit 15: Global baby stroller and pram market 2015-2020 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 16: Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 17: Types of baby stroller and pram
- Exhibit 18: Global baby stroller and pram market segmentation by product 2015
- Exhibit 19: Global baby stroller and pram market segmentation by product 2020
- Exhibit 20: Global baby stroller and pram market segmentation by sales channel 2015
- Exhibit 21: Global baby stroller and pram market segmentation by sales channel 2020
- Exhibit 22: Geographical segmentation of global baby stroller and pram market 2015
- Exhibit 23: Geographical segmentation of global baby stroller and pram market 2020
- Exhibit 24: Global baby stroller and pram market 2015-2020 (% share)
- Exhibit 25: Baby stroller and pram market in Europe 2015-2020 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 26: Baby stroller and pram market in North America 2015-2020 ($ million)
- Exhibit 27: Baby stroller and pram market in APAC ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: Baby stroller and pram market in ROW 2015-2020 ($ million)
- Exhibit 29: Key leading countries
- Exhibit 30: World Population 2005-2014 (billion)
- Exhibit 31: Impact of drivers
- Exhibit 32: Global birth rate per 1,000 people 2006-2013
- Exhibit 33: Impact of drivers and challenges
- Exhibit 34: Baby Jogger: Product segmentation
- Exhibit 35: Chicco: Product categories
- Exhibit 36: Dorel: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 37: Dorel: Business segmentation by revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ million)
- Exhibit 38: Dorel: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 39: Evenflo: Product segmentation 2014
- Exhibit 40: Graco: Product segmentation 2014