Product Code: SR1020B176_Report
Jute is a natural fibre obtained from the bark of the white jute plant or the tossa jute plant. It is also known as the golden fibre owing to its golden and silky shine, and is extensively used in the manufacturing of packaging products and textiles. As a packaging material, jute offers advantages such as good insulation, low thermal conductivity and moderate moisture retention. On account of this, jute bags are used as packaging material for bulk goods as well as shopping and gift bags. IMARC Group's latest report, titled "Jute Bag Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026", finds that the global jute bag market reached a value of US$ 2.07 Billion in 2020.
The global jute bag industry is currently at a nascent stage with encouraging growth aspects. The demand for jute bags has witnessed a surge over the past few years, particularly in the European Union. This can be attributed to the growing environment consciousness in the region. The imports of jute bags in non-producing countries have also been facilitated by the ban on plastic packaging materials and bags. Additionally, the benefits offered by jute bags such as their biodegradability, durability, low cost, high strength, etc. have further supported the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the global jute bag market to exhibit moderate growth during the next five years.
The report has analysed the global jute market on the basis of type, covering jute sack bags and jute shopping bags. Currently, jute sack bags dominate the market, accounting for the majority of the sales volume. The market has further been segmented on a regional basis and includes India, Bangladesh, China and Others. Amongst these, India holds the majority of the share, representing the leading producer of jute bags. The report has also assessed the competitive landscape of the market and finds that it is fragmented in nature. Some of the key players operative in the market include Aarbur, Ashoka Exports, Hitaishi-KK, Howrah Mills Co. Ltd., Shree Jee International India Ltd. and Gloster Limited.
This report provides a deep insight into the global jute bag market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a jute bag manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the jute bag industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global jute bag market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global jute bag market?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global jute bag market?
- What are the key product types in the global jute bag market?
- What are the key end-use segments in the global jute bag market?
- What is the breakup of the global jute bag market on the basis of price?
- What are the price trends of jute bag?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global jute bag industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global jute bag industry?
- What is the structure of the global jute bag industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global jute bag industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global jute bag industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a jute bag manufacturing plant?
- How is jute bag manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a jute bag manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a jute bag manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a jute bag manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a jute bag manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for jute bag?
- What are the transportation requirements for jute bag?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a jute bag manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a jute bag manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a jute bag manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a jute bag manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a jute bag manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a jute bag manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Market Overview
5 Key Industry trends
6 Global Jute Bag Market
- 6.1 Market Overview
- 6.2 Market Trends
- 6.2.1 Volume Trends
- 6.2.2 Value Trends
- 6.3 Impact of COVID-19
- 6.4 Price Analysis
- 6.4.1 Key Price Indicators
- 6.4.2 Price Structure
- 6.4.3 Price Trends
- 6.5 Market Breakup by Geography
- 6.5.1 India
- 22.214.171.124 Market Trends
- 126.96.36.199 Market Forecast
- 6.5.2 Bangladesh
- 188.8.131.52 Market Trends
- 184.108.40.206 Market Forecast
- 6.5.3 China
- 220.127.116.11 Market Trends
- 18.104.22.168 Market Forecast
- 6.6 Market Breakup by Product Type
- 6.6.1 Jute Sack Bags
- 22.214.171.124 Market Trends
- 126.96.36.199 Market Forecast
- 6.6.2 Jute Shopping Bags
- 188.8.131.52 Market Trends
- 184.108.40.206 Market Forecast
- 6.7 Market Breakup by End Use
- 6.7.1 Retail
- 220.127.116.11 Market Trends
- 18.104.22.168 Market Forecast
- 6.7.2 Institutional
- 22.214.171.124 Market Trends
- 126.96.36.199 Market Forecast
- 6.8 Market Breakup by Price
- 6.8.1 Premium
- 188.8.131.52 Market Trends
- 184.108.40.206 Market Forecast
- 6.8.2 Mass
- 220.127.116.11 Market Trends
- 18.104.22.168 Market Forecast
- 6.9 Market Forecast
- 6.10 SWOT Analysis
- 6.10.1 Overview
- 6.10.2 Strengths
- 6.10.3 Weaknesses
- 6.10.4 Opportunities
- 6.10.5 Threats
- 6.11 Value Chain Analysis
- 6.11.1 Raw Material Procurement
- 6.11.2 Manufacturing
- 6.11.3 Marketing
- 6.11.4 Distribution
- 6.11.5 End-Use
- 6.12 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 6.12.1 Overview
- 6.12.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 6.12.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 6.12.4 Degree of Rivalry
- 6.12.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 6.12.6 Threat of Substitutes
7 Competitive Structure
8 Jute Bag Manufacturing Process
- 8.1 Product Overview
- 8.2 Detailed Process Flow
- 8.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 8.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
9 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 9.1 Land, Location and Site Development
- 9.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 9.3 Plant Machinery
- 9.4 Machinery Suppliers
- 9.5 Machinery Pictures
- 9.6 Raw Materials Requirements and Expenditures
- 9.7 Raw Material Suppliers
- 9.8 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
- 9.9 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 9.10 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 9.11 Utilities Requirements and Expenditures
- 9.12 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 9.13 Other Capital Investments
10 Loans and Financial Assistance
11 Project Economics
- 11.1 Capital Cost of the Project
- 11.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
- 11.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 11.4 Taxation and Depreciation
- 11.5 Income Projections
- 11.6 Expenditure Projections
- 11.7 Financial Analysis
- 11.8 Profit Analysis
12 Profiles of Key Players