Product Code: SR1018G30_Report
The global fruit juice market reached a volume of 45.4 Billion Litres in 2018, registering a CAGR of around 2% during 2011-2018. The market is further projected to reach a volume of 50.6 Billion Litres by 2024. Fruit juice refers to a non-fermented beverage which is obtained by mechanically squeezing or macerating fruits. Different types of fruit juice offer varied health benefits, for instance, avocado juice boosts natural energy in the body; watermelon juice keeps the body hydrated and improves metabolism; papaya juice caters healthy digestion; lemon juice fights viral infections; and pineapple juice reduces cholesterol levels. This, coupled with the refreshing taste and longer shelf-life of fruit juice, makes it one of the most widely consumed beverages across the globe.
Global Fruit Juice Market Drivers:
- The consumption of soft drinks, such as colas and flavored sodas, is reducing globally as they have high sugar content, artificial coloring, phosphoric acid, artificial sweeteners, and caffeine which can cause negative effects on the human body. Owing to this, a large number of consumers are shifting from carbonated drinks towards natural fruit juices.
- Changing lifestyles and altering eating patterns of the consumers have resulted in an increased intake of affordable, healthy and quick sources of nutrition like packaged fruit juices, thereby catalyzing the growth of the market.
- In order to expand the consumer-base, manufacturers are introducing a wide array of flavors, and producing preservative-free and sugar-free fruit juices. In addition to this, growth in the food and beverage industry is boosting the overall demand for fruit juices worldwide.
- Earlier, a number of players were hesitant to sell their products in the emerging countries due to the lack of infrastructure and storage facilities. Nonetheless, with a rise in the number of organized retail outlets, several players are now willing to invest in these markets which is expected to bolster the growth of the fruit juice industry.
Breakup by Product Type:
- On the basis of type, the global fruit juice market is segregated as 100% fruit juice, nectars, juice drinks, concentrates, powdered juice and others. Currently, juice drinks account for the majority of the market share, representing the most popular product type. Juice drinks contain several vitamins, flavors and anti-oxidants owing to which they are preferred by the consumers.
Breakup by Flavor:
- Based on flavors, the market is classified as orange, apple, mango, mixed fruit and others. Amongst these, orange fruit juice holds the majority of the market share as it is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and iron.
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- On the basis of distribution channels, supermarkets and hypermarkets represent the largest segment as they offer easy access to a wide variety of fruit juices depending on different brands, types and flavors. Supermarkets and hypermarkets are followed by convenience stores, specialty food stores, online retail and others.
- On a geographical front, Europe enjoys the leading position in the global fruit juice market. The fast-paced modern lifestyle and high-income levels of the consumers in the region have led to a rise in the demand for on-the-go fruit juices. Europe is followed by North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
The market is highly fragmented in nature with the presence of several small and large manufacturers who are competing against each other in terms of prices and quality. Some of the leading key players include:
- The Coca-Cola Company
- Pepsico, Inc.
- China Huiyuan Juice Group Limited
- WILD Flavors, Inc.
- This report provides a deep insight into the global fruit juice industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a fruit juice manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the fruit juice industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global fruit juice market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global fruit juice market?
- What are the key flavor types segments in the global fruit juice market?
- What are the key product types in the global fruit juice market?
- What are the major distribution channels in the global fruit juice market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global fruit juice market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global fruit juice market?
- What is the structure of the global fruit juice market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global fruit juice market?
- What are the profit margins in the global fruit juice market?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a fruit juice manufacturing plant?
- How is orange juice manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a fruit juice manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a fruit juice manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a fruit juice manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a fruit juice manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for fruit juice?
- What are the transportation requirements for fruit juice?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a fruit juice manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a fruit juice manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a fruit juice manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a fruit juice manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a fruit juice manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a fruit juice manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Fruit Juice Industry
- 5.1 Market Overview
- 5.2 Market Performance
- 5.2.1 Volume Trends
- 5.2.2 Value Trends
- 5.3 Price Analysis
- 5.3.1 Key Price Indicators
- 5.3.2 Price Structure
- 5.3.3 Margin Analysis
- 5.4 Market Breakup by Region
- 5.5 Market Breakup by Type
- 5.6 Market Breakup by Flavour
- 5.7 Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
- 5.8 Market Forecast
- 5.9 SWOT Analysis
- 5.9.1 Overview
- 5.9.2 Strengths
- 5.9.3 Weaknesses
- 5.9.4 Opportunities
- 5.9.5 Threats
- 5.10 Value Chain Analysis
- 5.10.1 Input Suppliers
- 5.10.2 Farmers
- 5.10.3 Collectors
- 5.10.4 Processors
- 5.10.5 Distributiors
- 5.10.6 Exporters
- 5.10.7 Retailers
- 5.10.8 End-Consumers
- 5.11 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.11.1 Overview
- 5.11.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 5.11.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.11.4 Degree of Competition
- 5.11.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 5.11.6 Threat of Substitutes
- 5.12 Key Success and Risk Factors for Fruit Juice Manufacturers
6 Performance of Key Regions
- 6.1 Europe
- 6.1.1 Market Trends
- 6.1.2 Market Forecast
- 6.2 North America
- 6.2.1 Market Trends
- 6.2.2 Market Forecast
- 6.3 Asia Pacific
- 6.3.1 Market Trends
- 6.3.2 Market Forecast
- 6.4 Latin America
- 6.4.1 Market Trends
- 6.4.2 Market Forecast
- 6.5 Middle East and Africa
- 6.5.1 Market Trends
- 6.5.2 Market Forecast
7 Market by Type
- 7.1 100% Fruit Juice
- 7.1.1 Market Trends
- 7.1.2 Market Forecast
- 7.2 Nectars
- 7.2.1 Market Trends
- 7.2.2 Market Forecast
- 7.3 Juice Drinks
- 7.3.1 Market Trends
- 7.3.2 Market Forecast
- 7.4 Concentrates
- 7.4.1 Market Trends
- 7.4.2 Market Forecast
- 7.5 Powdered Juice
- 7.5.1 Market Trends
- 7.5.2 Market Forecast
- 7.6 Others
- 7.6.1 Market Trends
- 7.6.2 Market Forecast
8 Market by Flavour
- 8.1 Orange
- 8.1.1 Market Trends
- 8.1.2 Market Forecast
- 8.2 Apple
- 8.2.1 Market Trends
- 8.2.2 Market Forecast
- 8.3 Mango
- 8.3.1 Market Trends
- 8.3.2 Market Forecast
- 8.4 Mixed Fruit
- 8.4.1 Market Trends
- 8.4.2 Market Forecast
- 8.5 Others
- 8.5.1 Market Trends
- 8.5.2 Market Forecast
9 Market by Distribution Channel
- 9.1 Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- 9.1.1 Market Trends
- 9.1.2 Market Forecast
- 9.2 Convenience Stores
- 9.2.1 Market Trends
- 9.2.2 Market Forecast
- 9.3 Specialty Food Stores
- 9.3.1 Market Trends
- 9.3.2 Market Forecast
- 9.4 Online Retail
- 9.4.1 Market Trends
- 9.4.2 Market Forecast
- 9.5 Others
- 9.5.1 Market Trends
- 9.5.2 Market Forecast
10 Competitive Landscape
- 10.1 Market Structure
- 10.2 Market Breakup by Key Players
11 Fruit Juice (Orange Juice) Manufacturing Process
- 11.1 Product Overview
- 11.2 Detailed Process Flow
- 11.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 11.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
12 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 12.1 Land Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.3 Plant Machinery
- 12.4 Machinery Pictures
- 12.5 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.6 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
- 12.7 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.8 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.9 Utility Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.10 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.11 Other Capital Investments
13 Loans and Financial Assistance
14 Project Economics
- 14.1 Capital Cost of the Project
- 14.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
- 14.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 14.4 Taxation and Depreciation
- 14.5 Income Projections
- 14.6 Expenditure Projections
- 14.7 Financial Analysis
- 14.8 Profit Analysis
15 Key Player Profiles