Product Code: SR1019B33_Report
Plywood is a factory-produced sheet of wood, manufactured from thin layers of wood veneer of softwood, or hardwood, which are glued together in adjacent layers to form a thicker and flat sheet. Apart from this, a thin outer layer of additional materials such as plastic, resin-impregnated paper, fabric, Formica, etc. can be added to the face and back veneers to improve durability of plywood. It also helps in preventing the plywood from moisture, abrasion and corrosion along with facilitating better binding of paints and dyes. Plywood is available in the market in four types - structural plywood, external plywood, internal plywood and marine plywood. The latest report by IMARC Group titled, "Plywood Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024", finds that the plywood market reached a value of US$ nearly 41 Billion in 2018, growing at a CAGR of 7.8% during 2011-2018.
Plywood has high structural strength and flexibility; provides resistance against exposure to chemicals and fire; and insulation against sound and excessive heating. As a result of these properties, plywood is used in the manufacturing of doors, stairs, external cladding, flooring, framing, interior rails and balustrades, internal panelling, timber joinery products. In the marine industry, special grades of plywood are used, which are treated to withstand occasional exposure to seawater without decaying or deteriorating. These are used in the manufacturing of stringers, floor, transom, boat cabinetry, walls, seating, and other interior fixtures. Owing to this, the market is further expected to reach a value of more than US$ 55 Billion by 2024.
On the basis of end-use the market is segmented as commercial and residential. The residential sector is the largest consumer for plywood, accounting for more than half of the total global market. The report has conducted an evaluation of the market on the basis of key regions and finds that Asia-Pacific is the largest market for plywood. Some of the other major regions are Europe, North America, Latin America and Middle East and Africa. The report has also analysed the market on the basis of competitive landscape and provides the details of the key players.
This report provides a deep insight into the global plywood market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a plywood manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the plywood industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global plywood market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the breakup of the global plywood market on the basis of region?
- What is the breakup of the global plywood market on the basis of sector?
- What is the breakup of the global plywood market on the basis of application?
- What is the structure of the global plywood industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a plywood plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a plywood manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a plywood manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a plywood manufacturing plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a plywood manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a plywood manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a plywood manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a plywood manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a plywood manufacturing plant?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of plywood products?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a plywood manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Engineered Wood Industry
- 5.1 Market Overview
- 5.2 Market Performance
- 5.2.1 Volume Trends
- 5.2.2 Value Trends
- 5.3 Price Trends
- 5.4 Market Breakup by Product Type
- 5.5 Market Breakup by Application
- 5.6 Market Breakup by Region
- 5.7 Market Forecast
6 Global Plywood Board Market
- 6.1 Market Overview
- 6.2 Market Performance
- 6.2.1 Volume Trends
- 6.2.2 Value Trends
- 6.3 Price Analysis
- 6.3.1 Key Price Indicators
- 6.3.2 Price Structure
- 6.3.3 Price Trends
- 6.4 Market Breakup by Region
- 6.5 Market Breakup by Residential and Commercial Application
- 6.6 Market Breakup by New Construction and Replacement Sector
- 6.7 Market Forecast
- 6.8 SWOT Analysis
- 6.8.1 Overview
- 6.8.2 Strengths
- 6.8.3 Weaknesses
- 6.8.4 Opportunities
- 6.8.5 Threats
- 6.9 Value Chain Analysis
- 6.9.1 Overview
- 6.9.2 Forest Growers
- 6.9.3 Sawmills
- 6.9.4 Manufacturers
- 6.9.5 Distributors
- 6.9.6 Exporters
- 6.9.7 End Users
- 6.10 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 6.10.1 Overview
- 6.10.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 6.10.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 6.10.4 Degree of Rivalry
- 6.10.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 6.10.6 Threat of Substitutes
- 6.11 Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
7 Market Breakup by Region
- 7.1 Asia-Pacific
- 7.1.1 Market Trends
- 7.1.2 Market Forecast
- 7.2 North America
- 7.2.1 Market Trends
- 7.2.2 Market Forecast
- 7.3 Europe
- 7.3.1 Market Trends
- 7.3.2 Market Forecast
- 7.4 Latin America
- 7.4.1 Market Trends
- 7.4.2 Market Forecast
- 7.5 Middle East and Africa
- 7.5.1 Market Trends
- 7.5.2 Market Forecast
8 Market Breakup by Residential and Commercial Applications
- 8.1 Residential
- 8.1.1 Market Trends
- 8.1.2 Market Forecast
- 8.2 Commercial
- 8.2.1 Market Trends
- 8.2.2 Market Forecast
9 Market Breakup by New Construction and Replacement Application
- 9.1 New Construction
- 9.1.1 Market Trends
- 9.1.2 Market Forecast
- 9.2 Replacement
- 9.2.1 Market Trends
- 9.2.2 Market Forecast
10 Global Marine Plywood Market
- 10.1 Market Overview
- 10.2 Market Performance
- 10.3 Marine Plywood Market by Marine and Non-Marine Applications
- 10.4 Market Breakup by Key Marine Plywood Applications
- 10.5 Market Forecast
11 Plywood Manufacturing Process
- 11.1 Product Overview
- 11.2 Detailed Process Flow
- 11.3 Various Type of Unit Operation Involved
- 11.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
12 Competitive Landscape
- 12.1 Competitive Structure
- 12.2 Key Players
13 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 13.1 Land Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.3 Plant Machinery
- 13.4 Machinery Pictures
- 13.5 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.6 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
- 13.7 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.8 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.9 Utilities Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.10 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.11 Other Capital Investments
14 Loans and Financial Assistance
15 Project Economics
- 15.1 Capital Cost of the Project
- 15.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
- 15.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 15.4 Income Projections
- 15.5 Expenditure Projections
- 15.6 Taxation and Depreciation
- 15.7 Financial Analysis
- 15.8 Profit Analysis
16 Key Player Profiles
- 16.1 Georgia Pacific LLC
- 16.2 Potlatch Corporation
- 16.3 Weyerhaeuser
- 16.4 Boise Cascade Company
- 16.5 UPM-Kymmene
- 16.6 Sveza
- 16.7 Metsa Wood
- 16.8 Latvijas Finieris
- 16.9 Austral Plywoods
- 16.10 Eksons Corp