Product Code: MFG016J
The global market for NDT equipment and services is estimated to increase from $31.3 billion in 2023 to reach $50.7 billion by 2028, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.1% from 2023 through 2028.
North American market for NDT equipment and services is estimated to increase from $10.1 billion in 2023 to reach $16.5 billion by 2028, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.4% from 2023 through 2028.
Asia-Pacific market for NDT equipment and services is estimated to increase from $7.8 billion in 2023 to reach $14.2 billion by 2028, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.8% from 2023 through 2028.
In this report, the market has been segmented based on types (equipment type and service type), application and geography. The report provides an overview of the global NDT equipment and services market and analyzes market trends. Using 2022 as the base year, the report provides estimated market data for 2023-2028. Revenue forecasts for this period are segmented based on types (equipment type and service type), application and geography. Market values have been estimated based on the triangulation method using parameters such as the total revenue of NDT equipment and services providers, primary interview results and secondary white paper information.
The report covers the market for NDT equipment and services with regard to the application base across different regions. It also highlights major trends and challenges that affect the market and the vendor landscape. The report estimates the global market for NDT equipment and services in 2022 and provides projections for the expected market size through 2028.
- 92 data tables and 39 additional tables
- An overview of the global market landscape related to the nondestructive testing equipment and services: ultrasonic, radiographic, eddy current and others
- In-depth analysis of global market trends, featuring historical revenue data for 2022, estimated figures for 2023, as well as forecasts for 2025, and 2028. This analysis includes projections of Compound Annual Growth Rates (CAGRs) spanning through 2028
- Evaluation of the current market size and revenue growth prospects specific to non destructive testing equipment and services, accompanied by a comprehensive market share analysis categorized by equipment type, service type, technique, application, and geographical region
- An overview of the challenges that the industry is facing and a discussion on how to overcome them
- Discussion on concepts, importance and life cycle assessment of the industry and information on training and NDT certification requirements and coverage of market regulations and standards
- An analysis of pipeline products and ESG trends
- Market share analysis of the key companies and coverage of their proprietary technologies, strategic alliances, and patent activity
- Company profiles of the leading players including Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Smiths Group plc., Olympus Corp., General Electric Company., and Nikon Corp.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing the Study
- Scope of Report
- What's New in This Update?
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Segmentation Breakdown
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market Overview
- Definition of Nondestructive Testing
- Concepts in the Industry
- Importance of the Industry
- NDT Methods
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Life Cycle Cost
- Technology Life Cycle
- History of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
- History of Nondestructive Technologies
- Current Market Overview
- Training and NDT Certification
- NDT Certification Levels
- Certification Requirements
- Certification Examinations
- Levels of Certification
- Certification Requirements
- Accredited Bodies for Training and Certification
- Value Chain Analysis
- Market Regulations/Standards
- Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- Bargaining Power of Buyers
- Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- Threat of New Entrants
- Threat of Substitutes
- Degree of Competition
- Impact of COVID-19 on the Market for NDT Equipment and Services
Chapter 4 Market Dynamics
- Market Dynamics
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
- Market Opportunities
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Segment
- NDT Equipment
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- Radiographic Testing (RT)
- Visual Inspection (VI)
- Eddy-Current Testing (ECT)
- Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI)
- Acoustic Emission Testing (AET)
- Liquid Penetrant Inspection (LPI)
- IR Thermography Testing (IRT)
- Other NDT Testing Methods
- NDT Services
- NDT Inspection Services
- NDT Training Services
- NDT Equipment Rental Services
- NDT Equipment Calibration Services
- Other NDT Services
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Application
- Oil and Gas
- Types of Oil and Gas NDT Applications
- Power Generation
- NDT in Nuclear Power Plants
- NDT in Thermal Power Plants
- Aerospace and Defense
- Automotive and Transportation
- Transportation Security
- Transportation-Shipping and Railroads
- NDT on Bridges
- NDT on Buildings
- NDT in Metals Production Industries
- NDT in Chemical Industries
- Other Applications
Chapter 7 Market Breakdown by Region
- Total Global Value by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of the World (RoW)
Chapter 8 Sustainability in the NDT Equipment and Services Industry: An ESG Perspective
- Importance of ESG in the NDT Equipment and Services Industry
- Key ESG Issues in the NDT Equipment and Services Industry
- NDT Equipment and Services Industry ESG Performance Analysis
- ESG Penetration
- Environmental Performance
- Social Performance
- Governance Performance
- Consumer Attitudes toward ESG in the Market for NDT Equipment and Services
- ESG Practices in the NDT Equipment and Services Industry
- ESG-Related Risks in the NDT Equipment and Services Industry
- ESG-Related Opportunities in the NDT Equipment and Services Industry
- Case Study
- Concluding Remarks from BCC
Chapter 9 Patent Analysis
- Patent Analysis
- Recently Granted Key Patents
Chapter 10 M&A and Funding Outlook
- M&A Analysis
- Start-up Funding in the Equipment and Services Industry
Chapter 11 Competitive Landscape
- Top Companies
- Strategic Analysis
- Product Launches and Developments
- Acquisitions and Mergers
- Expansions and Investments
- Collaborations and Partnerships
Chapter 12 Company Profiles
- 3DX-RAY LTD.
- ADVANCED INSPECTION TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- ADVANCED NDT LTD.
- BRUKER AXS GMBH
- CARESTREAM HEALTH INC.
- COMET AG
- EDDYFI TECHNOLOGIES
- GENERAL ELECTRIC CO.
- HOTTINGER BRUEL & KJAER GMBH
- NIKON CORP.
- OLYMPUS CORP.
- RAPISCAN SYSTEMS
- SHIMADZU CORP.
- SMITHS GROUP PLC
- SPELLMAN HIGH VOLTAGE ELECTRONICS CORP.
- THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
- TELEDYNE TECHNOLOGIES INC.