Product Code: CP2115
“The Global Gene Therapy Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010-2018 report” provides comprehensive understanding and unprecedented access to the gene therapy partnering deals and agreements entered into by the worlds leading healthcare companies.
“The Global Gene Therapy Partnering Agreements 2010-2018 report” provides an understanding and access to the gene therapy partnering deals and agreements entered into by the worlds leading healthcare companies.
- Trends in gene therapy partnering deals
- Disclosed headlines, upfronts, milestones and royalties by stage of development
- Gene therapypartnering contract documents
- Top gene therapy deals by value
“The Global Gene Therapy Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010-2018 report” provides an understanding and access to the gene therapy partnering deals and agreements entered into by the worlds leading healthcare companies.
The report provides a detailed understanding and analysis of how and why companies enter gene therapypartnering deals. The majority of deals are early development stage whereby the licensee obtains a right or an option right to license the licensors gene therapytechnology or product candidates. These deals tend to be multicomponent, starting with collaborative R&D, and commercialization of outcomes.
This report provides details of the latest gene therapy, oligonucletides including aptamers agreements announced in the healthcare sectors.
Understanding the flexibility of a prospective partner's negotiated deals terms provides critical insight into the negotiation process in terms of what you can expect to achieve during the negotiation of terms. Whilst many smaller companies will be seeking details of the payments clauses, the devil is in the detail in terms of how payments are triggered - contract documents provide this insight where press releases and databases do not.
This report contains a comprehensive listing of all gene therapy partnering deals announced since 2010 including financial terms where available including over 500 links to online deal records of actual gene therapy partnering deals as disclosed by the deal parties. In addition, where available, records include contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their partners.
Contract documents provide the answers to numerous questions about a prospective partner's flexibility on a wide range of important issues, many of which will have a significant impact on each party's ability to derive value from the deal.
For example, “analyzing actual company deals and agreements” allows assessment of the following:
- What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
- What exclusivity is granted?
- What are the precise rights granted or optioned?
- What is the payment structure for the deal?
- How aresalesand payments audited?
- How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
- How are IPRs handled and owned?
- Who is responsible for commercialization?
- Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
- How is confidentiality and publication managed?
- How are disputes to be resolved?
- Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
- What happens when there is a change of ownership?
- What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
- Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
- Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
- Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
The initial chapters of this report provide an orientation of Gene therapy dealmaking and business activities. Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the report, whilst chapter 2 provides an overview of the trends in Gene therapy dealmaking since 2010, including details of average headline, upfront, milestone and royalty terms.
“Global Gene Therapy Partnering Terms and Agreements” is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding and access to gene therapy trends and structure of deals entered into by leading companies worldwide.
“Global Gene Therapy Partnering Terms and Agreements” includes:
- Trends in gene therapy dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2010
- Analysis of gene therapy deal structure
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Case studies of real-life gene therapy deals
- Access to over 200 gene therapy deals
- The leading gene therapy deals by value since 2010
- Most active gene therapy dealmakers since 2010
- The leading gene therapy partnering resources
In“ Global Gene Therapy Partnering Terms and Agreements”, the available contracts are listed by:
- Company A-Z
- Headline value
- Stage of development at signing
- Deal component type
- Specific therapy and technology target
Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
“Global Gene Therapy Partnering Terms and Agreements” provides the reader with the following key benefits:
- In-depth understanding of gene therapy deal trends since 2010
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Analysis of the structure of gene therapy agreements with numerous real life case studies
- Comprehensive access to 200 actual gene therapy deals entered into by the world's biopharma companies, together with real world clause examples
- Full listing of gene therapy deals by company A-Z, deal value, phase of development, deal type, and therapy focus
- Identify leading gene therapy deals by value since 2010
- Identify the most active gene therapy dealmakers since 2010
- Detailed access to actual gene therapy contracts enter into by the leading fifty bigpharma
- Insight into the terms included in gene therapy agreement, together with real world clause examples
- Understand the key deal terms companies have agreed in previous deals
- Undertake due diligence to assess suitability of your proposed deal terms for partner companies
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 - Introduction
Chapter 2 - Trends in Gene therapy dealmaking
- 2.1. Introduction
- 2.2. Gene therapy partnering over the years
- 2.3. Most active Gene therapy dealmakers
- 2.4. Gene therapy partnering by deal type
- 2.5. Gene therapy partnering by therapy area
- 2.6. Deal terms for Gene therapy partnering
- 2.6.1 Gene therapy partnering headline values
- 2.6.2 Gene therapy deal upfront payments
- 2.6.3 Gene therapy deal milestone payments
- 2.6.4 Gene therapy royalty rates
Chapter 3 - Leading Gene therapy deals
- 3.1. Introduction
- 3.2. Top Gene therapy deals by value
Chapter 4 - Most active Gene therapy dealmakers
- 4.1. Introduction
- 4.2. Most active Gene therapy dealmakers
- 4.3. Most active Gene therapy partnering company profiles
Chapter 5 - Gene therapy contracts dealmaking directory
- 5.1. Introduction
- 5.2. Gene therapy contracts dealmaking directory
Chapter 6 - Gene therapy dealmaking by technology type
Chapter 7 - Partnering resource center
- 7.1. Online partnering
- 8.2. Partnering events
- 8.3. Further reading on dealmaking
- Appendix 1 - Gene therapy deals by company A-Z
- Appendix 2 - Gene therapy deals by stage of development
- Phase I
- Phase II
- Phase III
- Appendix 3 - Gene therapy deals by deal type
- Asset purchase
- Bigpharma outlicensing
- Collaborative R&D
- Joint venture
- Spin out
- Technology transfer
- Appendix 4 - Gene therapy deals by therapy area
- Central Nervous System
- Genetic disorders
- Orphan disease
- Appendix 5 -Deal type definitions
About Wildwood Ventures
- Current Partnering
- Current Agreements
- Recent report titles from Current Partnering
Table of figures
- Figure 1: Gene therapy partnering since 2010
- Figure 2: Active Gene therapy dealmaking activity since 2010
- Figure 3: Gene therapy partnering by deal type since 2010
- Figure 4: Gene therapy partnering by disease type since 2010
- Figure 5: Gene therapy deals with a headline value
- Figure 6: Gene therapy deals with an upfront value
- Figure 7: Gene therapy deals with a milestone value
- Figure 8: Gene therapy deals with a royalty rate value
- Figure 9: Top Gene therapy deals by value since 2010
- Figure 10: Most active Gene therapy dealmakers since 2010
- Figure 11: Online partnering resources
- Figure 12: Forthcoming partnering events