Product Code: 67954
The market for alcohol ethoxylates globally is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 4% during the forecast period.
- Major factor driving the market studied is the increased industrial demand for cleaners. Moreover, the growth in the personal care industry is also expected to attract the demand for alcohol ethoxylates market during the forecast period.
- The major hinderance to this market is the allergic reaction and skin irritation to the users caused by alcohol ethoxylates.
- Moreover, the environmental impact created by the products are another major hinderance.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Soap and Detergents Segment
- Alcohol ethoxylates are either further processed or are used as active ingredients in many commonly used cleaning products such as household laundry products. Their surfactant properties improve cleaning by reducing the surface tension between the wash water and dirt on clothes or dishes, helping the removal of the dirt in the wastewater.
- Alcohol ethoxylates is also used in personal care products such as shampoo, industrial and institutional cleaning products.
- Soap and detergents market is ever growing with the increasing awareness about healthcare. The top countries producing and exporting soaps include Germany, United, Indonesia, and Malaysia.
- The top five countries account to more than 35% of the total soap exports. Moreover, the exports for soaps from these countries is also increasing at 8% annually.
- Since these countries produce large amount of soap and detergents and the exports from these countries are also on a rise. This is expected to increase the demand for alcohol ethoxylates from the soap and detergent industry in these countries.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is the largest market in Alcohol Ethoxylates, with market segments like Soap and detergent industry, personal care and industrial & institutional cleaning growing in the coming years.
- It is also expected to be the fastest growing market during the forecast period, with increasing demand for segments, like food packaging and household care in China, India, and the ASEAN countries.
- The demand for surfactants in soaps and detergents was the largest in 2018. The per capita consumption of toilet/ bathing soap in China is four kilograms, which is one of the largest across the world. This consumption is expected to propel the demand for alcohol ethoxylates in the coming years.
- The boom in the population growing at an exponential rate is to drive the food processing industry of which Alcohol ethoxylate is an essential component.
- The Indian food industry is one the prominent industries; the increasing population is another factor boosting the demand for the food industry, which, in turn, is estimated to boost the alcohol ethoxylates market in India.
- The steady growth of the middle class in countries of China and India has been corelated with the increasing family spending in markets of personal hygiene, paints and emulsions and cosmetics.
- Thus, the rising demand from various industries is expected to drive the market in the region, during the forecast period.
The Global Alcohol Ethoxylates market is fragmented with many competitors in the market. The major companies include Sasol Limited, BASF SE, Clariant, Shell International B.V., Huntsman International LLC, Oxiteno and Nouryon among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Personal Care Industry in Asia-Pacific
- 4.1.2 Increasing Demand for Industrial Cleaners
- 4.1.3 Other Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Increasing Environmental Concerns
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Origin Type
- 5.1.1 Oleochemical
- 5.1.2 Petrochemical
- 5.2 Application
- 5.2.1 Agricultural Chemicals
- 5.2.2 Industrial & Institutional Cleaning
- 5.2.3 Paints & Coatings
- 5.2.4 Personal Care
- 5.2.5 Soaps & Detergents
- 5.2.6 Textile Processing
- 5.2.7 Others
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 22.214.171.124 China
- 126.96.36.199 India
- 188.8.131.52 Japan
- 184.108.40.206 South Korea
- 220.127.116.11 ASEAN Countries
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United States
- 126.96.36.199 Mexico
- 188.8.131.52 Canada
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 184.108.40.206 Germany
- 220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
- 18.104.22.168 Italy
- 22.214.171.124 France
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 188.8.131.52 Brazil
- 184.108.40.206 Argentina
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
- 22.214.171.124 South Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 BASF SE
- 6.4.2 Clariant
- 6.4.3 Dow
- 6.4.4 Evonik Resource Efficiency GmbH
- 6.4.5 Huntsman International LLC
- 6.4.6 India Glycols Limited
- 6.4.7 Mitsui Chemicals, Inc
- 6.4.8 Nouryon
- 6.4.9 Oxiteno
- 6.4.10 P&G Chemicals
- 6.4.11 Rimpro
- 6.4.12 SABIC
- 6.4.13 Sasol Limited
- 6.4.14 Shell International B.V.
- 6.4.15 Solvay
- 6.4.16 Stepan Company
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Expansion of Application Base for Bio-based Surfactants
- 7.2 Other Opportunities