Product Code: 62318
The Magnetic Sensor Market is expected to register a CAGR of over 7%, during the forecast period (2019 - 2024). The high usage of magnetic sensors in new navigation devices, presence detection (building automation related applications), medical areas and the automotive sector is leading to a paradigm shift in the magnetic sensors market worldwide.
- The increase in demand for IIoT and production of consumer electronics, electric and hybrid vehicles, and high-quality sensing devices, globally, is influencing the adoption of magnetic sensors across several end-user industries. This is expected to drive the growth of the magnetic sensors, during the forecast period.
- Increasing adoption of robotics for factory automation owing to the Industry 4.0 policies is driving the need of magnetic sensors for various safety applications in the global market.
- The development in the services sector in the country and high growth rate of data center and cloud providers is further augmenting demand for these sensors to be deployed in PDU (Power Distribution Unit), which form a crucial part in data centers.
Scope of the Report
Magnetic sensors are classified in terms of measuring a complete magnetic field or vector-components of the magnetic field. Permanent magnets such as neodymium magnets are used to trigger the magnetic sensors in several applications. The magnetic sensor is used to identify magnitude and direction of the magnetic field. It comprised of a rotating sensor tip which measures both transverse and longitudinal magnetic fields around the objects.
Key Market Trends
Automotive Industry to Hold Significant Share
- In the case of automotive applications, GMR and TMR sensors have demonstrated less power consumption than mW and µW during continuous operation. They are also easily accommodated in package sizes less than their counterparts, thus are finding the increasing deployment of these sensors into auto parts.
- The demand for magnetic sensors is anticipated to increase in the automotive industry. Sensing devices are been used increasingly in this industry to improve vehicles convenience and fuel efficiency.
- Also, mandatory regulations by the government bodies, such as the installation of safety equipment and sensing elements in automobiles, are estimated to create significant opportunities for the growth of this market.
- Magnetic sensor vendors are focusing on providing efficient devices, which can serve an extensive range of automotive applications. The increase in demand and penetration of electric vehicles and hybrid electric vehicles and the use of GPS in automobiles may also fuel the demand for magnetic sensors from the automotive industry.
North America to Hold Largest Share
- The growth in a number of vehicles and production of automotive parts are significant factors fueling the growth of the market. Also, the commercialization and development of connected cars have been a developing trend in the region.
- The region is also witnessing an increase in demand for sensing components in numerous industrial uses. Automotive manufacturers in the region are increasingly integrating miniature magnetic sensing devices into the vehicles to offer improved communication capabilities, which will further boost the magnetic sensors market, over the forecast period.
- The tablet computers, e-readers, and mobile phones, along with other GPS enabled devices are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, is increasing the ongoing challenge to sensor manufacturers resulting from the higher and higher packing density of components.
- It is expected that high adoption of smart watches and other smart wearables, which are witnessing huge demand in the region, owing to increased healthcare concerns and rising disposable incomes will further augment the growth in the market.
The magnetic sensors market is highly competitive. The improved manufacturing practices and adoption of TMR technology are poised to offer substantial growth opportunities to sensor fabricators and associated industry participants. The market is identified to be highly technology intensive and thus the players in the market are integrating advanced technological products like xMR into their product portfolio. These companies include the likes of AKM, Infineon Technologies, Allegro Microsystems, Melexis, TDK, Diodes, and Honeywell.
- June 2018: Infineon launched its first magnetic sensors based on TMR technology which made it the world's first sensor manufacturer to offer magnetic sensors based on all four magnetic technologies: HALL, GMR, TMR and AMR. Infineon presented the new XENSIV TLE5501 angle sensor family at the Sensor+Test 2018 fair in Nuremberg.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.3 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- 4.4 Market Drivers
- 4.4.1 Increasing Regulations Around Energy Efficient Systems And Automobiles
- 4.4.2 Emerging Applications In Consumer Electronics & Data Center
- 4.5 Market Restraints
- 4.5.1 Falling Average Selling Prices (ASPS) of Semiconductors & Sensors
- 4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Technology
- 5.1.1 Hall Effect
- 5.1.2 Anisotropic Magneto Resistance (AMR)
- 5.1.3 Giant Magneto Resistance (GMR)
- 5.1.4 Tunneling Magneto Resistance (TMR)
- 5.1.5 Other Technologies
- 5.2 By Application
- 5.2.1 Automotive
- 5.2.2 Consumer Electronics
- 5.2.3 Industrial (apart from Automotive)
- 5.2.4 Other Applications
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 126.96.36.199 US
- 188.8.131.52 Canada
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 184.108.40.206 UK
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 France
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 Japan
- 184.108.40.206 India
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 Rest of World
- 18.104.22.168 Latin America
- 22.214.171.124 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Infineon Technologies AG
- 6.1.2 Analog Devices
- 6.1.3 Crocus Technology
- 6.1.4 Honeywell International Inc.
- 6.1.5 Allegro Microsystems
- 6.1.6 Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- 6.1.7 NVE Corporation
- 6.1.8 NXP Semiconductors
- 6.1.9 Omron Corporation
- 6.1.10 ST Microelectronics
- 6.1.11 TDK Corporation
- 6.1.12 TE Connectivity
- 6.1.13 Texas Instruments Inc.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS