Product Code: 50452
The Nucleic Acid Isolation and Purification Market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.6% during the forecast period. growth of the nucleic acid isolation and purification market is due to the rapid technological advancements, wide-range applications of nucleic acid testing in diagnostics, and rise in the R&D funding in biotechnology and healthcare.
- Nucleic acid has many diagnostic applications in tests of many diseases, such as STDs, congenital anomalies, cancer, etc.
- According to the US Department of Health & Human Services, there were approximately 36.7 million people worldwide living with HIV/AIDS as of 2016. Of these, 2.1 million were children (above 15 years old). The WHO stated that more than 1 million sexually transmitted infections are acquired every day worldwide and 500 million people are estimated to have genital infection with herpes simplex virus (HSV), along with 290 million women who have a human papillomavirus (HPV) infection. Therefore, all STDs can be diagnosed through nucleic acid isolation and identification procedures, and this signifies that the market studied is expected to increase globally.
- The current market is also growing, due to rapid technological advancements, like polymerase chain reaction (the original nucleic acid amplification technique), which transformed the approach of the clinical microbiologists in viewing and using nucleic acid techniques in clinical settings.
Key Market Trends
The Equipment Segment is Expected to Hold a Major Market Share in the Nucleic Acid Isolation and Purification Market
- The equipment segment of the market studied is growing at a good pace. There are significant advancements found in the field of molecular diagnostics that have facilitated rapid and continued advancements in nucleic acid isolation and purification technologies, driven by the new knowledge provided by the mapping of genetic risk factors behind many diseases, where lifestyle has an important role to play.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO) 2020, the alpha and beta thalassaemias are the most common inherited single-gene disorders in the world. The burden of thalassaemias in many regions of the world represents a major public health concern. For example in Iran, it was estimated that each year about 8,000 pregnancies are at risk of this disorder. Moreover, In addition, it was estimated that the incidence of genetic disorder Down syndrome was between 1 in 1,000 to 1 in 1,100 live births worldwide.
- Thus, the high incidence of genetic disorders along with growth in laboratory automation and decreasing changeability may lead to the growth of the equipment segment of the market studied.
North America is Expected to Hold a Significant Share in the Market and Expected to do Same in the Forecast Period
- North America is expected to hold a major market share in the nucleic acid isolation and purification market due to the very high use of downstream processes in the country. The growth of the market is also attributed due to the rapid technological advances, wide-range applications of nucleic acid testing in diagnostics boosting the market, rise in the R&D funding in biotechnology and healthcare.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in the United States Hemophilia A affects 1 in 5,000 male births. Each year approximately 400 babies are born with haemophilia A.
- Furthermore, the presence of well-established healthcare infrastructure is also fueling the growth of the overall regional market to a large extent.
The Nucleic Acid Isolation and Purification Market is fragmented competitive and consists of several major players. Some of the recent market trends in the global nucleic acid isolation and purification market are new product development, mergers and acquisition, and partnerships. Agilent Technologies, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Danaher Corporation, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, GE Healthcare, Promega Corporation, Qiagen NV, and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. are some of the major players in the nucleic acid isolation and purification market.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Rapid Technological Advancements Boosting the Market Growth
- 4.2.2 Wide-range Applications of Nucleic Acid Testing in Diagnostics Boosting the Market
- 4.2.3 Rise in the R&D Funding in Biotechnology and Healthcare
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 Low Penetration in the Emerging Markets
- 4.3.2 Increasing Cost of Automated Instruments
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Technology
- 5.1.1 Column-based Purification
- 5.1.2 Magnetic Bead-based Purification
- 5.1.3 Reagent-based Purification
- 5.2 By Product
- 5.2.1 Kits and Reagents
- 5.2.2 Equipment
- 5.2.3 Other Products
- 5.3 By Application
- 5.3.1 Total RNA Isolation and Purification
- 5.3.2 mRNA Isolation and Purification
- 5.3.3 microRNA Isolation and Purification
- 5.3.4 Plasmid DNA Isolation and Purification
- 5.3.5 Genomic DNA Isolation and Purification
- 5.3.6 Blood DNA Isolation and Purification
- 5.3.7 PCR Clean-up
- 5.3.8 Other Nucleic Acid Isolation and Purification Applications
- 5.4 By End User
- 5.4.1 Hospitals
- 5.4.2 Academic and Research Institutes
- 5.4.3 Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology Industry
- 5.4.4 Other End Users
- 5.5 Geography
- 5.5.1 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 220.127.116.11 Mexico
- 5.5.2 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Italy
- 184.108.40.206 Spain
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
- 5.5.3 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 India
- 188.8.131.52 Australia
- 184.108.40.206 South Korea
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.5.4 Middle-East & Africa
- 18.104.22.168 GCC
- 22.214.171.124 South Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East & Africa
- 5.5.5 South America
- 188.8.131.52 Brazil
- 184.108.40.206 Argentina
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Agilent Technologies
- 6.1.2 Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- 6.1.3 Thermo Fisher Scientific
- 6.1.4 BioVision Inc.
- 6.1.5 Danaher Corporation
- 6.1.6 F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- 6.1.7 GE Healthcare
- 6.1.8 Merck KGaA (Sigma-Aldrich Corporation)
- 6.1.9 Promega Corporation
- 6.1.10 Qiagen NV
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS