Product Code: 52357
The market for acetic anhydride is anticipated to register a CAGR of more than 4% during the forecast period. The market is majorly driven by the growing usage in laundry detergents and increasing demand from the pharmaceutical industry for acetic anhydride, as an intermediate.
- The growing usage of TAED in the laundry detergent segment has driven the market for acetic anhydride.
- Adoption of E-cigarettes and declining usage of acetic anhydride for cellulose anhydride is likely to hinder the market's growth.
- Development of Acetylated Wood is projected to act as an opportunity for the market in future.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Acetic anhydride is a key raw material required in the production of medicines, such as acetylsalicylic acid (aspirins), sulfa drugs, certain vitamins and hormones, acetyl-p-aminophenol, cortisone, acetanilide, theophylline, acetylcholine hydrochloride, acetophenacetin, sulfonamides, and paracetamol.
- There has been an enormous growth in the number of general health issues arising globally, such as fever, cough and cold, body pains, nausea, etc.
- This has led to an increase in demand for drugs, like aspirin and paracetamol. The increasing consumption of these generic drugs has significantly benefitted the market for acetic anhydride.
- Additionally, there has been a rapid growth in the pharmaceutical sector in the past few years. The growth trend is expected to continue over the forecast period, due to the increasing health issues among people.
- All the aforementioned factors, is expected to drive the global market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region is Expected to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is the largest consumer of acetic anhydride in the global market.
- Acetic Anhydride is a key raw material required in the production of medicines, such as acetylsalicylic acid (aspirins), sulfa drugs, and various other medicines.
- The region has witnessed a growth in the number of health issues, which include fever, cough & cold, body pains, nausea, etc. due to the pollution levels from industrial activities.
- Healthcare has become one of the India's largest sectors, due to its strengthening coverage, services and increasing expenditure by public as well as private players.
- The government's expenditure on the healthcare sector increased to 1.4% from 1.2%. This has led to an increase in demand for drugs, like aspirin and paracetamol.
- Additionally, the increasing concerns for hygiene and cleanliness have led to the growth of the laundry and cleaning sector in Asia-Pacific, which in turn shall augment the growth of acetic anhydride market during the forecast period.
The acetic anhydride market is partially fragmented. In terms of market share, the market is distributed among many global manufacturers. Key players in the acetic anhydride market are Jubilant Life Sciences., Daicel Corporation, Sigma Aldrich, and Celanese Corporation, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Demand from the Pharmaceutical Industry for Acetic Anhydride as an Intermediate
- 4.1.2 Surging Demand from the Polymer/Resin Industry
- 4.1.3 Growing Use of Tetraacetylethylenediamine (TAED) in Laundry Detergents
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Adoption of E-cigarettes
- 4.2.2 Declining Usage of Acetic Anhydride for Cellulose Acetate Production
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Application
- 5.1.1 Coating Material
- 5.1.2 Explosive
- 5.1.3 Plasticizer
- 5.1.4 Synthesizer
- 5.1.5 Other Applications
- 5.2 End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Tobacco
- 5.2.2 Pharmaceutical
- 5.2.3 Laundry & Cleaning
- 5.2.4 Agrochemical
- 5.2.5 Textile
- 5.2.6 Other End-user Industries
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 22.214.171.124 China
- 126.96.36.199 India
- 188.8.131.52 Japan
- 184.108.40.206 South Korea
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 18.104.22.168 United States
- 22.214.171.124 Canada
- 126.96.36.199 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 188.8.131.52 Germany
- 184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
- 220.127.116.11 Italy
- 18.104.22.168 France
- 22.214.171.124 Nordic Countries
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 188.8.131.52 Brazil
- 184.108.40.206 Argentina
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
- 22.214.171.124 South Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 BASF SE
- 6.4.2 BP PLC
- 6.4.3 Celanese Corporation
- 6.4.4 China National Petroleum Corporation
- 6.4.5 Daicel Corporation
- 6.4.6 DuPont
- 6.4.7 Eastman Chemical Company
- 6.4.8 Jiangsu Danhua Group Pvt Ltd
- 6.4.9 Jubilant Life Sciences
- 6.4.10 Luna Chemical Industries Pvt Ltd
- 6.4.11 Shijiazhuang Shengkang Biotech Co. Ltd
- 6.4.12 Sigma Aldrich
- 6.4.13 Sipchem
- 6.4.14 Taj Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- 6.4.15 Kunshan Yalong Co. Ltd
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Development of Acetylated Wood
- 7.2 Other Opportunities