Product Code: 52990
The silicone market is estimated to register a CAGR of around 6%, during the forecast period. Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market among other regions, supported by the growing construction industry in the region.
- The consumption of silicone in the construction industry is expected to lead the demand among various end-user industries.
- The adverse health impact of silicone acts as a restraint to the market growth.
- Rising awareness and use of liquid silicon rubber in manufacturing is likely to act as an opportunity for the silicone market, over the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Usage of Silicone in the Construction Industry
- Growth in infrastructure in the emerging nations is driving the overall global demand for construction chemicals, which, in turn, is expected to drive the demand for silicone in the coming years.
- In the construction industry, silicones are used in structural glazing and weatherproofing, while contributing to the energy efficiency of the buildings. They also help improve in-shop productivity, reduce material waste, extend building life, and reduce lifecycle costs.
- Huge expenditure is incurred on infrastructure in the developing nations, like China and India, which is driving the silicone market, especially in the Asia-Pacific region.
- These countries have been witnessing rapid urbanization, which, in turn, is spurring the usage of silicones as adhesives and coatings. In addition, currently, people are inclined to buy luxury products, which further provides huge scope for the silicone market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is the major consumer of silicone, accounting for the largest share of the silicone market.
- The growing market in China, and India has been one of the prominent reasons for the growth of the Asia-Pacific silicone market, over the years.
- Rising awareness and use of liquid silicon rubber, due to modern manufacturing and injection molding technology in the region, are expected to offer numerous opportunities for the growth of the silicone market.
- Asia-Pacific has the highest global share in the automobile industry, mainly as a result of large-scale domestic production in India and China.
- The automotive industry plays a critical role in integrating new electronic technologies. Owing to the increasing component migration to electronic solutions, the demand for silicone also increases, as it plays an increasingly important role in helping deliver material solutions that contribute to design flexibility and long-term component reliability, under harsh operating conditions.
- The aforementioned factors are contributing to the increasing demand for silicone market in the region during the forecast period.
The silicone market is fragmented in nature. Some of the major players of the market studied include Wacker Chemie AG, Dow, Momentive, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd, and Evonik among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Use in the Construction Industry
- 4.1.2 Growing Use in the Electronics Industry
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Adverse Health Impact of Silicone
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Form Type
- 5.1.1 Fluids
- 5.1.2 Elastomers
- 5.1.3 Resins
- 5.1.4 Other Foam Types
- 5.2 End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Construction
- 5.2.2 Transportation
- 5.2.3 Personal Care
- 5.2.4 Electrical & Electronics
- 5.2.5 Healthcare
- 5.2.6 Textiles
- 5.2.7 Other End-user Industries
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 South Korea
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 184.108.40.206 United States
- 220.127.116.11 Canada
- 18.104.22.168 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 22.214.171.124 Germany
- 126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
- 188.8.131.52 Italy
- 184.108.40.206 France
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 18.104.22.168 Brazil
- 22.214.171.124 Argentina
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
- 184.108.40.206 South Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 3M
- 6.4.2 BASF SE
- 6.4.3 Chase Corporation
- 6.4.4 CHT Group ( ICM Products)
- 6.4.5 Dow
- 6.4.6 Elkem Silicones
- 6.4.7 Emerald Performance Materials LLC
- 6.4.8 Evonik Industries AG
- 6.4.9 GELEST, INC
- 6.4.10 Jiangsu Hongda New Material Co. Ltd.
- 6.4.11 Kaneka Corporation
- 6.4.12 Momentive
- 6.4.13 Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd
- 6.4.14 The Sherwin-Williams Company
- 6.4.15 Wacker Chemie AG
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Rising Awareness and Use of Liquid Silicon Rubber in Manufacturing