Product Code: 52952
The skin packaging market was valued at USD 9.2 billion in 2019, at a CAGR of 5.44% during the forecast period of 2020-2025. Skin packaging decreases the need for protective packaging fillers, which makes it a cost-effective packaging option compared to other methods.
- The modern lifestyles of consumers have been forcing them to try to save time and money, which resulted in increasing demand for ready-to-eat products thereby fueling the market growth. This trend has encouraged the packaging companies to come up with diverse options for consumers, thereby driving the sales of packaging applications lucratively.
- Increasing shelf life has been the primary goal of packaging companies. Thus, fresh products are increasingly packaged in skin films.
Scope of the Report
Skin pack, or skin packaging, is a type of carded packaging where a product is placed on a piece of paperboard, and a thin sheet of transparent plastic is placed over the product and paperboard. The printed paperboard usually has a heat-seal coating.
Key Market Trends
Food and Beverage is Expected to Hold the Major Market Share
- Captivating consumers' attention has been one of the reasons for the adoption of skin packaging among others. The secondary sealing of vacuum skin packaging is visually appealing for seafood and meat packages.
- Furthermore, it also helps to minimize the migration of liquids inside the packaging, for an appetizing and appealing presentation of the package.
- Meat processors and retailers are pressurized to reduce costs owing to which this helps the state-of-the-art packaging serve as a differentiator, which adds value in an otherwise crowded meat market.
- Although vacuum packaged sausage products are accepted widely, consumers still prefer fresh sliced products. This trend is quite clear from the availability of these products in supermarkets and retail stores.
Asia Pacific is Expected to Experience Largest Market Growth
- In 2017, 64.1 pounds of chicken per person on a boneless, edible basis were available for Americans to eat, compared to 54.3 pounds of beef. Chicken began its upward climb in the 1940s, overtaking pork in 1996 as the second most consumed meat.
- Since 1970, U.S. chicken availability per person has more than doubled. In 2017, 16.1 pounds of fish and shellfish per person were available for consumption.
- With the increasing need for clear packaging that emphasizes the product and minimizes the need for preservatives, the vacuum skin packaging is slowly penetrating the processed meat market in the United States.
The Skin Packaging Market consists of several players. In terms of market share, none of the players currently dominate the market. The players are investing in Research and Development in order to gain product differentiation. Product Differentiation is being viewed as the way to achieve competitive advantage.
August 2018 - Sealed Air Corporation introduced OptiDure packaging technology combining two critical features: high-abuse resistance and abrasion protection, and will impact the fresh red meat, as well as smoked and processed meat segments
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Growing Consumption of Packaged Food
- 4.3.2 Need for Higher Shelf Life
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 Inability to Handle Heavy Items
- 4.5 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By End-User Industry
- 5.1.1 Fast-moving Consumer Goods (Fmcg)
- 5.1.2 Food & Beverage
- 5.1.3 Retail
- 5.1.4 Other End-User Industries
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 North America
- 184.108.40.206 US
- 220.127.116.11 Canada
- 5.2.2 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 UK
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
- 5.2.3 Asia Pacific
- 184.108.40.206 China
- 220.127.116.11 Japan
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Sealed Air Corporation
- 6.1.2 Berry Plastics Group Inc.
- 6.1.3 Amcor PLC (Bemis Company Inc.)
- 6.1.4 West Rock Company
- 6.1.5 LINPAC Packaging Limited
- 6.1.6 Mondini SPA
- 6.1.7 Display Pack Inc.
- 6.1.8 Clondalkin Group Holdings B.V.
- 6.1.9 DOW Inc.
- 6.1.10 DuPont de Nemours, Inc
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 FUTURE OF THE MARKET