Product Code: 56551
The global polymethyl methacrylate market is estimated to witness a healthy growth, at an estimated CAGR of over 6%, over the forecast period. The major factors driving the market's growth include increasing demand from the developing economies and growing usage as a substitute for glass in various products. However, high production cost is expected to restrain the growth of the market studied.
- The automotive and transportation industry accounted for the largest market, and is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period. This is primarily due to rising awareness regarding hygiene and increasing demand for cosmetic products.
- The market shift toward PMMA, mainly as a substitute for polycarbonate, is likely to provide various growth opportunities during the forecast period.
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market, globally. This is primarily due to the increasing demand from the end-user industries, such as automotive, electrical and electronics, and construction.
Key Market Trends
Automotive and Transportation Industry is Projected to Dominate the Market
- PMMA is an environment friendly, 100% recyclable material. It is highly resistant to UV light and exhibits the greatest surface hardness, as compared to other thermoplastics.
- Furthermore, PMMA holds extremely long service life, along with high light transmission property. Hence, due to the aforementioned characteristics, PMMA is gaining immense popularity in the automotive industry.
- In vehicles, PMMA sheets are used in windows of cars, interior and exterior panels, motorcycle windshields, instrument covers, spoilers, fenders, and other ancillaries.
- It facilitates the benefit of design customization for car manufacturers, owing to its exceptional formability, pleasant acoustic properties, and excellent surface hardness.
- The automotive industry has been witnessing growth, in terms of, both, investments and production, especially in countries in the Asia-Pacific region, such as India, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand.
- Moreover, regions, such as North America and Europe, have been investing in innovation and development of cars, mainly by using efficient and environment friendly materials. These practices are expected to drive the demand for PMMA, especially from the automotive industry, during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region accounted for the largest market share, globally. The demand for PMMA is mainly driven by the increasing demand from industries, such as automotive and transportation, construction, and electrical and electronics.
- The governments in countries, such as China, India, Indonesia, and Singapore, have been witnessing huge investments in the construction industry. This is likely to drive the demand for PMMA.
- Currently, China has numerous airport construction projects, such as Beijing Capital International Airport, Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport, and Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport. These projects are under development or in the planning stage. Moreover, the Indian government is planning to build about 100 airports before 2032.
- The Indian government has an investment target of USD 120.5 billion, for developing 27 industrial clusters. This is expected to provide a boost to construction activities in the country. Similarly, the Indonesian government is planning to invest about USD 450 billion in the construction sector, by 2021.
- The Asia-Pacific region is witnessing numerous investments, primarily from the global automakers, like BMW, Hyundai Motors, and Honda. These companies are planning to venture into the Asia-Pacific automotive industry, primarily to increase production, while catering to the increasing demand for advanced automotive.
- All these factors are expected to increase the market for polymethyl methacrylate in the region during the forecast period.
The polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) market is consolidated, where few players account for a significant market share. Some of the major players include Chi Mei Corporation, Evonik Industries AG, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Sumitomo Chemical Asia Pte Ltd, and Arkema Group, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Demand from the Developing Economies
- 4.1.2 Increasing Usage as a Substitute for Glass in Various Products
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 High Production Costs
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
- 4.5 Regulatory Policy Analysis
- 4.6 Raw Material Analysis
- 4.7 Patent Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Extruded Sheet
- 5.1.2 Pellets
- 5.1.3 Beads
- 5.1.4 Other Types
- 5.2 End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Buildings and Construction
- 5.2.2 Electrical and Electronics
- 5.2.3 Automotive and Transportation
- 5.2.4 Signs and Displays
- 5.2.5 Other End-user Industries
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 South Korea
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 184.108.40.206 United States
- 220.127.116.11 Canada
- 18.104.22.168 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 22.214.171.124 Germany
- 126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
- 188.8.131.52 France
- 184.108.40.206 Italy
- 220.127.116.11 Spain
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 22.214.171.124 Brazil
- 126.96.36.199 Argentina
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
- 220.127.116.11 South Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 3A Composites GmbH
- 6.4.2 ALBIS PLASTIC GmbH
- 6.4.3 Arkema Group
- 6.4.4 Asahi Kasei Corporation
- 6.4.5 Chi Mei Corporation
- 6.4.6 Evonik Industries AG
- 6.4.7 GEHR Plastics Inc.
- 6.4.8 Heilongjiang Zhongmeng Longxin Chemical Co. Ltd
- 6.4.9 Kolon Industries Inc.
- 6.4.10 KURARAY CO., LTD.
- 6.4.11 LG Chem
- 6.4.12 LOTTE Chemical CORPORATION
- 6.4.13 Lucite International
- 6.4.14 Makevale Group
- 6.4.15 Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- 6.4.16 NIPPON SHOKUBAI CO., LTD.
- 6.4.17 RTP Company
- 6.4.18 SABIC
- 6.4.19 Sumitomo Chemical Asia Pte Ltd
- 6.4.20 Unigel
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Market Shift Toward PMMA as a Substitute for Polycarbonate