Product Code: 52777
The market for packaging coatings is expected to expand at a CAGR of more than 5.12% during the forecast period of 2019-2024. The major factor driving the market studied is the growing coatings usage in developing markets. On the flipside, increasing regulations are expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Swiftly shifting market to eco-friendly coatings is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the globe with the largest consumption from countries such as China, India, and Japan.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand for Acrylics
- Acrylic resins are segmented into thermoplastic and thermosetting plastic substances. They are produced from acrylic acid, meth acrylic acid or other acryl-based acids.
- They are used in a wide spectrum of areas, such as paints and coatings, architectural coatings, customized coatings, and so on. They are resistant toward stains, blistering, and cracking. These unique characteristics make acrylic resins a noble choice as a coatings material.
- Acrylic resin coatings are now leading the market of paints and coatings industry. They are known for their properties of color retention and inertness to environmental conditions.
- Thermoplastic acrylic coatings are used as architectural and wood finishes. Thermosetting resins are applied to containers, automobiles, machinery, aluminum, and steel coils.
- Recently, the industries are shifting to the waterborne acrylic resins, owing to the growing environmental concerns and governmental regulations.
- Such positive growth for acrylics is likely to increase the demand for packaging coatings market in the forecast period.
China to Dominate the Asia-Pacific Region
- China has the biggest manufacturing sector in the world and the largest consumer base. Being the most populated country, makes it the largest consumer of various goods. Owing to various reasons, the packaging coatings market is one of the fastest growing markets in the Chinese economy.
- The applications of coatings on various products have grown significantly in recent times. The growing need for decorative and attractive packaging has led to an increase in the demand for coatings for packaging.
- China has the largest share in the e-commerce market. Sales in china account for more than 30% of the total e-commerce sales. China is one of the fastest growing e-commerce markets in the world, and is home to the e-commerce giant, Alibaba.
- The growth in the e-commerce market has led to a huge increase in demand for the packaging industry, and consequently the packaging coatings industry. The food and beverage packaging is the fastest growing sector among them.
- In China, the recent rise in awareness regarding environment and pollution has led to the formation of regulations regarding harmful chemicals (such as VOCs).
- Such factors can adversely affect the market for packaging coatings. These factors have also been a blessing in disguise as companies have quickly adapted to various eco-friendly alternatives.
- The aforementioned factors, are contributing to the increasing demand for packaging coatings consumption in the country during the forecast period.
The packaging coatings market is consolidated The major companies include Akzo Nobel NV, PPG Industries, Inc., The Sherwin-Williams Company, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Jotun, etc.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Flexible Packaging Coatings
- 4.1.2 Rising Food and Beverage Packaging
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 VOC Emission Constraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters Five Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Resin
- 5.1.1 Epoxies
- 5.1.2 Acrylics
- 5.1.3 Polyurethane
- 5.1.4 Polyolefins
- 5.1.5 Polyester
- 5.1.6 Others
- 5.2 By Application
- 5.2.1 Food Cans
- 5.2.2 Beverage Cans
- 5.2.3 Aerosol and Tubes
- 5.2.4 Caps & Clousures
- 5.2.5 Industrial and Specialty Packaging
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 184.108.40.206 China
- 220.127.116.11 India
- 18.104.22.168 Japan
- 22.214.171.124 South Korea
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 220.127.116.11 Mexico
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of North America
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 22.214.171.124 Germany
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 UK
- 184.108.40.206 Italy
- 220.127.116.11 Spain
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 22.214.171.124 Brazil
- 126.96.36.199 Argentina
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
- 220.127.116.11 South Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Axalta Coating Systems
- 6.4.2 Akzo Nobel NV
- 6.4.3 ALUMAX INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD.
- 6.4.4 ALLNEX NETHERLANDS B.V.
- 6.4.5 Arkema Group
- 6.4.6 asian paints
- 6.4.7 BASF SE
- 6.4.8 Berger Paints India Limited
- 6.4.9 CARPOLY
- 6.4.10 Chemetall
- 6.4.11 Chugoku Marine Paints, Ltd.
- 6.4.12 Diamond Vogel
- 6.4.13 DowDuPont
- 6.4.14 Evonik Industries AG
- 6.4.15 HEMPEL A/S
- 6.4.16 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- 6.4.17 Jotun
- 6.4.18 Kansai Paint Co.,Ltd.
- 6.4.19 Masco Corporation
- 6.4.20 NIPPONPAINT Co., Ltd
- 6.4.21 PPG Industries, Inc.
- 6.4.22 RPM International Inc.
- 6.4.23 SACAL INTERNATIONAL GROUP LTD
- 6.4.24 The Sherwin-Williams Company
- 6.4.25 Sika AG
- 6.4.26 Solvay
- 6.4.27 Wacker Chemie AG
- 6.4.28 Yip's Chemical Holdings Limited
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Swiftly Shifting Market to Eco-Friendly Coatings
- 7.2 Growing Research on Food Grade Coatings