Product Code: 53374
The dental consumables market is expected to register a CAGR of nearly 7.2% during the forecast period, 2019-2024.
- Certain factors that are driving the market growth include the rising demand for cosmetic dentistry, increasing access to dental facilities, and a growing aging population.
- Factors that are fueling the dental consumables market include shifting trends among patient preferences and the growing demand for cosmetic dentistry.
- Dental practicing, as well as the dental consumables market, has been influenced by the increased demand for cosmetic procedures. Furthermore, there has been a significant investment in cosmetic dentistry, over the past five years.
- According to a research survey, most procedures have experienced a phenomenal growth of 200%. Dental crowns and bridges are the key components for growth, in cosmetic dentistry.
- Women constitute a majority of the population undergoing cosmetic dentistry, when compared to men. The demand has been accelerated, mainly by millennials and baby boomers, with millennials accounting for a growing portion of this revenue. This is expected to accelerate the percentage of revenue and continue to increase over the coming years.
- The other factors, such as increasing access to dental facilities, global economic growth, and increase in the aging population, are driving the market.
- However, a majority of the population does not have dental insurance, in comparison to the general health insurance, around the world. Negligence toward dental care is one of the major factors leading to such a small number of dental insurance coverage.
- It is reported that 50% of the US citizens are without dental insurance, and around 77% of people with dental insurance delay their dental care. This shows that much of the population remains ignorant toward dental care and give it the least priority.
- Due to this factor, people do not have insurance coverage and have to pay out of their pocket for dental treatments. This eventually restrains the dental consumables market.
- The other factors, such as lack of awareness and apathy toward dental care in the developing countries, are hindering the market growth.
Scope of the Report
Dental consumables are used to treat dental impairments, for tooth restoration, and in the treatment of associated gingival tissues. Dental consumables hold great potential for further growth, owing to growing oral diseases and awareness of oral care.
Key Market Trends
Dental Burs is Expected to Hold Significant Share in the Other Dental Consumables Segment
Dental burs are used during dental procedures to remove decay, and clean and shape the teeth. They are used before fillings or crown insertion procedures. Hence, they are majorly utilized among dentists. With advancements and innovations in technology, dental burs are available in different materials. For disposable dental burs, the risk of a patient-to-patient cross-infection with a contaminated item can be eliminated, when a bur is not used on a subsequent patient. In addition, time-consuming cleaning and sterilization procedures can be eliminated. Dentists tend to ignore the cost and time spent on scrubbing the burs and diamonds, prior to sterilization. Since dental burs are some of the most important devices used in all dental procedures, their demand is expected to continue to increase in the coming years. Other factors driving the market are the growing awareness among people about dental aesthetics, the increased per capita income, and the increasing affordability of dental procedures. With the increased use of adhesive composites, the factors hindering the market growth of dental burs are the controversies associated with the use of burs or diamond abrasives for routine cavity preparation.
Europe Dominates the Market and is Expected to do the Same in the Forecast Period
Europe is dominating the dental consumables market, as the geriatric population is increasing in this region, along with the increased funding for the improvement and expansion of oral healthcare facilities, across the region. According to the 2018 report of the World Health Organization (WHO), in Europe, around 20%-90% of six-year-old children were affected by dental caries. At the age of 12, an average of 0.5-3.5 teeth were found to be affected by dental caries, and approximately 100% of adults were observed to be affected by the same. Severe periodontal (gum) infection is found in 5%-20% of middle-aged (35-44 years) adults in Europe and in up to 40% of older people (65-74 years). Dental caries and severe periodontal disease are major contributors to the loss of natural teeth. About 30% of Europeans aged 65-74 years have no natural teeth, which reduce their function and quality of life. Meanwhile, Asia-Pacific is expected to record a substantial growth over the forecast period.
The dental consumables market is highly competitive and consists of a number of major players. Companies, like 3M Company, Dentsply Sirona, Henry Schein Inc., Hu-Friedy Mfg Co., Ivoclar Vivadent AG, Nakanishi Inc., Patterson Companies Inc., Ultradent Products Inc., and Young Innovations Inc., among others, hold the substantial market share in the market studied.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Rising Demand for Cosmetic Dentistry
- 4.2.2 Increasing Access to Dental Facilities
- 4.2.3 Growing Aging Population
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 High Cost and Limited Reimbursement for Dental Treatments
- 4.3.2 High Risk and Complications Associated With Dental Bridges and Orthodontic Treatments
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Product
- 5.1.1 Dental Implants
- 220.127.116.11 Root Form Dental Implants
- 18.104.22.168 Plate Form Dental Implants
- 5.1.2 Dental Prosthetics
- 22.214.171.124 Crowns
- 126.96.36.199 Bridges
- 188.8.131.52 Dentures
- 184.108.40.206 Abutments
- 220.127.116.11 Veneers
- 18.104.22.168 Inlays and Onlays
- 5.1.3 Orthodontics
- 22.214.171.124 Brackets
- 126.96.36.199 Archwires
- 188.8.131.52 Anchorage Appliances
- 184.108.40.206 Ligatures
- 5.1.4 Endodontics
- 220.127.116.11 Endodontic Files
- 18.104.22.168 Obturators
- 22.214.171.124 Permanent Endodontic Sealers
- 5.1.5 Periodontics
- 126.96.36.199 Dental Sutures
- 188.8.131.52 Dental Hemostats
- 5.1.6 Retail Dental Care Essentials
- 184.108.40.206 Specialized Dental Pastes
- 220.127.116.11 Dental Brushes
- 18.104.22.168 Dental Wash Solutions
- 22.214.171.124 Whitening Agents
- 126.96.36.199 Dental Floss
- 5.1.7 Other Dental Consumables
- 188.8.131.52 Dental Burs
- 184.108.40.206 Dental Sealants
- 220.127.116.11 Dental Splints
- 18.104.22.168 Dental Impression Materials
- 22.214.171.124 Dental Disposables
- 126.96.36.199 Aspirator Tubes and Saliva Ejectors
- 188.8.131.52 Bonding Agents
- 184.108.40.206 Patient Bibs
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 North America
- 220.127.116.11 US
- 18.104.22.168 Canada
- 22.214.171.124 Mexico
- 5.2.2 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 Germany
- 188.8.131.52 UK
- 184.108.40.206 France
- 220.127.116.11 Italy
- 18.104.22.168 Spain
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
- 5.2.3 Asia-Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 Japan
- 184.108.40.206 India
- 220.127.116.11 Australia
- 18.104.22.168 South korea
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.4 Middle East & Africa
- 126.96.36.199 GCC
- 188.8.131.52 South Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa
- 5.2.5 South America
- 220.127.116.11 Brazil
- 18.104.22.168 Argentina
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 3M Company
- 6.1.2 Dentsply Sirona
- 6.1.3 Henry Schein Inc.
- 6.1.4 Hu-Friedy Mfg Co.
- 6.1.5 Ivoclar Vivadent AG
- 6.1.6 Nakanishi Inc.
- 6.1.7 Patterson Companies Inc.
- 6.1.8 Ultradent Products Inc.
- 6.1.9 Young Innovations Inc.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS