Product Code: BT 7350
"The metagenomic sequencing market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 17.0%."
The metagenomic sequencing market is projected to reach USD 2.3 billion by 2024 from USD 1.0 billion in 2019, at a CAGR of 17.0%. The growth of this market is driven by factors such as the significant applications of metagenomics in various fields, the various initiatives and funding from government & private bodies for large-scale sequencing projects, and the declining cost of sequencing.
"The reagents & consumables segment is expected to witness the highest growth in the metagenomic sequencing market during the forecast period."
On the basis of product & service, the metagenomic sequencing market is segmented into reagents & consumables, instruments, services, and analysis & data interpretation solutions. Of all these segments, reagents & consumables are expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Factors such as the development and commercialization of high-quality reagents and kits and the continuous requirement of sequencing reagents by end users are expected to drive the growth of the reagents & consumables market in the coming years.
"The sample processing & library preparation segment is expected to witness the highest growth in the metagenomic sequencing market during the forecast period."
The market, based on workflow, has been segmented into sample processing & library preparation, sequencing, and data processing & analysis. The sample processing & library preparation segment projected to register the highest growth rate during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to the growing number of metagenome sequencing research projects being conducted, the availability of technically advanced and robust sample processing and library preparation assay kits, and the demand for efficient library preparation products.
"The shotgun metagenomic sequencing technology segment is expected to witness the highest growth in the metagenomic sequencing market during the forecast period."
On the basis of technology, the metagenomic sequencing market is segmented into shotgun metagenomic sequencing, 16S rRNA sequencing, metatranscriptomics, and whole-genome sequencing & de-novo assembly. The shotgun metagenomic sequencing technology is expected to witness the highest growth rate in the metagenomic sequencing market during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the advantages offered by shotgun sequencing over other techniques, growing adoption of shotgun metagenomic sequencing among researchers and healthcare professionals, and the increasing number of metagenomic sequencing-based research activities.
"The drug discovery segment is expected to witness the highest growth in the metagenomic sequencing market during the forecast period."
Based on applications, the metagenomic sequencing market is segmented into drug discovery, clinical diagnostics, soil microbiome applications, industrial applications, ecological and environmental applications, veterinary applications, and other applications. The drug discovery segment is poised to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period. Growth in this market segment is mainly due to the increasing research activities for novel drug discovery, growing collaborations between market players, academic institutions, and pharmaceutical companies for drug development, and growing use of metagenomic NGS in clinical trials.
"The Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period."
The metagenomic sequencing market is segmented into four major regions, namely, North America, Europe, the Asia Pacific (APAC), and the Rest of the World (Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa). The Asia Pacific regional segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Growth in this market segment is mainly due to a significant focus on R&D activities as a means of broadening the scope of metagenomics applications, increasing adoption of metagenomics for diagnostics (due to the decreasing cost of metagenomics products and services), and technological developments in metagenomics genomic data analysis as well as interpretation.
Breakdown of supply-side primary interviews:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 (25%), Tier 2 (30%), and Tier 3 (45%)
- By Designation: C-level (26%), Director-level (30%), and Others (44%)
- By Region: North America (34%), Europe (26%), APAC (23%), and RoW (17%)
The major players operating in the global metagenomic sequencing market are: Illumina, Inc. (US), Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc (US), QIAGEN N.V. (Netherlands), PerkinElmer (US), Oxford Nanopore Technologies Ltd (UK), BGI Group (China), Macrogen Inc. (South Korea), GENEWIZ (US), Eurofins Scientific (Luxembourg), Novogene Corporation (China), Zymo Research Corporation (US), NuGEN Technologies, Inc (US), IntegraGen SA (France), Microsynth AG (Switzerland), and DNAStar, Inc (US).
This report studies the metagenomic sequencing market by product & service, workflow, technology, application, and region. It also covers factors affecting market growth, analyzes various opportunities and challenges in the market, and provides details of the competitive landscape for market leaders. Furthermore, the study analyzes micromarkets with respect to their individual growth trends and forecasts the size of market segments with respect to key regions-North America, Europe, the Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
From an insights perspective, this research report focuses on various levels of analysis-market ranking the analysis of the top players and their company profiles, which together comprise and discuss basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging segments of the metagenomic sequencing market and high-growth regions and their drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities. The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which, in turn, will help firms garner greater market shares.
Table of Contents
- 1.1 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2 MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3 MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1 MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2 YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4 CURRENCY USED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.5 MARKET STAKEHOLDERS
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1 SECONDARY DATA
- 220.127.116.11 Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2 PRIMARY DATA
- 18.104.22.168 Breakdown of primaries
- 22.214.171.124 Key data from primary sources
- 2.2 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.2.1 PRODUCT-BASED MARKET ESTIMATION
- 2.2.2 APPLICATION-BASED MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.3 MARKET BREAKDOWN AND DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4 ASSUMPTIONS FOR THE STUDY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1 METAGENOMIC SEQUENCING: MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.2 METAGENOMIC SEQUENCING MARKET SHARE, BY PRODUCT & SERVICE (2019 VS. 2024)
- 4.3 METAGENOMIC SEQUENCING MARKET SHARE, BY WORKFLOW (2019 VS. 2024)
- 4.4 METAGENOMIC SEQUENCING MARKET SHARE, BY TECHNOLOGY (2019 VS. 2024)
- 4.5 METAGENOMIC SEQUENCING MARKET, BY APPLICATION, (2019 VS. 2024)
- 4.6 METAGENOMIC SEQUENCING MARKET, BY REGION (2019-2024)
5 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1 DRIVERS
- 126.96.36.199 Significant applications of metagenomics in various fields
- 188.8.131.52 Initiatives and funding from government & private bodies for large-scale sequencing projects
- 184.108.40.206 Declining cost of sequencing
- 5.2.2 RESTRAINTS
- 220.127.116.11 End-user budget constraints in developing countries
- 5.2.3 OPPORTUNITIES
- 18.104.22.168 Availability of cloud computing for data management
- 5.2.4 CHALLENGES
- 22.214.171.124 Storage of sequencing data
- 126.96.36.199 Dearth of skilled professionals
6 METAGENOMIC SEQUENCING MARKET, BY PRODUCT & SERVICE
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION
- 6.2 REAGENTS & CONSUMABLES
- 6.2.1 RISING ADOPTION OF METAGENOMIC SEQUENCING IS DRIVING THE USE OF REAGENTS AND CONSUMABLES
- 6.3 INSTRUMENTS
- 6.3.1 LAUNCH OF ADVANCED NGS PLATFORMS WILL SUPPORT THE GROWTH OF THIS SEGMENT
- 6.4 SERVICES
- 6.4.1 TIME AND COST-EFFECTIVENESS OF OUTSOURCING NGS PROJECTS HAS DRIVEN DEMAND FOR SERVICES
- 6.5 ANALYSIS AND DATA INTERPRETATION SOLUTIONS
- 6.5.1 LIMITED TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE OF ADVANCED ANALYSIS SOLUTIONS AMONG END USERS TO HAMPER MARKET GROWTH
7 METAGENOMIC SEQUENCING MARKET, BY WORKFLOW
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION
- 7.2 SAMPLE PROCESSING & LIBRARY PREPARATION
- 7.2.1 SAMPLE PROCESSING & LIBRARY PREPARATION HOLDS THE LARGEST SHARE OF THE MARKET, BY WORKFLOW
- 7.3 SEQUENCING
- 7.3.1 SANGER SEQUENCING HAS BEEN SUPPLANTED BY NGS DUE TO ITS ADVANTAGES AND RAPIDITY
- 7.4 DATA PROCESSING & ANALYSIS
- 7.4.1 NEED FOR SKILLED PERSONNEL TO OPERATE DATA PROCESSING AND ANALYTICS TOOLS HAS SLOWED MARKET GROWTH
8 METAGENOMIC SEQUENCING MARKET, BY TECHNOLOGY
- 8.1 INTRODUCTION
- 8.2 16S RRNA SEQUENCING
- 8.2.1 16S RRNA SEQUENCING IS A COST-EFFECTIVE TECHNIQUE FOR THE IDENTIFICATION OF BACTERIAL STRAINS
- 8.3 SHOTGUN METAGENOMIC SEQUENCING
- 8.3.1 SHOTGUN METAGENOMIC SEQUENCING SEGMENT TO WITNESS THE HIGHEST GROWTH RATE DURING THE FORECAST PERIOD
- 8.4 WHOLE-GENOME SEQUENCING AND DE NOVO ASSEMBLY
- 8.4.1 WGS CAN SEQUENCE THE COMPLETE METAGENOME OF ENVIRONMENTAL SAMPLES & HELPS GENERATE ACCURATE REFERENCE GENOMES FOR MICROBIAL IDENTIFICATION
- 8.5 METATRANSCRIPTOMICS
- 8.5.1 METATRANSCRIPTOMICS HELPS IN THE UNDERSTANDING OF THE ACTIVE FUNCTIONAL PROFILE OF A MICROBIAL COMMUNITY
9 METAGENOMIC SEQUENCING MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 9.1 INTRODUCTION
- 9.2 DRUG DISCOVERY
- 9.2.1 DRUG DISCOVERY ACCOUNTS FOR THE LARGEST SHARE OF THE METAGENOMIC SEQUENCING MARKET
- 9.3 ECOLOGICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL APPLICATIONS
- 9.3.1 METAGENOMIC SEQUENCING CAN HELP IDENTIFY INVASIVE AND ENDANGERED SPECIES
- 9.4 CLINICAL DIAGNOSTICS
- 9.4.1 ADVANTAGES OF METAGENOMIC NGS HAVE ENABLED WIDE APPLICATIONS IN DIAGNOSTICS
- 9.5 SOIL MICROBIOME APPLICATIONS
- 9.5.1 NORTH AMERICA SHOWS HIGH DEMAND FOR METAGENOMIC SEQUENCING IN SOIL MICROBIOME APPLICATIONS
- 9.6 INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS
- 9.6.1 ENERGY
- 188.8.131.52 Declining fossil fuel reserves and growing energy needs will drive demand growth in this application segment
- 9.6.2 BIOREMEDIATION
- 184.108.40.206 Need to monitor pollutant impact and contamination will provide opportunities for metagenomic sequencing in bioremediation
- 9.6.3 OTHER INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS
- 9.7 VETERINARY APPLICATIONS
- 9.7.1 DEMAND FOR RAPID AND ACCURATE PATHOGEN DIAGNOSIS IS SUPPORTING DEMAND FOR SEQUENCING
- 9.8 OTHER APPLICATIONS
10 METAGENOMIC SEQUENCING MARKET, BY REGION
- 10.1 INTRODUCTION
- 10.2 NORTH AMERICA
- 10.2.1 US
- 10.2.1.1 Well-established infrastructure and funding sources required for overall NGS based small- and medium-sized research studies and projects make the US the largest market in North America
- 10.2.2 CANADA
- 10.2.2.1 Growing focus of NGS players on expanding their presence in Canada and increasing government initiatives to support genomics research and workshops to support growth in this market
- 10.3 EUROPE
- 10.3.1 GERMANY
- 10.3.1.1 Germany has witnessed a significant increase in investments in next-generation technologies, making it the largest market in Europe
- 10.3.2 UK
- 10.3.2.1 The UK is one of the leaders in biotechnology in the European region owing to the presence of a large number of NGS players in the country
- 10.3.3 FRANCE
- 10.3.3.1 Government initiatives to support genomics research are primarily driving the growth of the metagenomic sequencing market in France
- 10.3.4 REST OF EUROPE
- 10.4 ASIA PACIFIC
- 10.4.1 CHINA
- 10.4.1.1 Several NGS players are focusing on strengthening their presence and offerings in China
- 10.4.2 JAPAN
- 10.4.2.1 Rising use of metagenomic sequencing for various application to drive market growth in Japan
- 10.4.3 INDIA
- 10.4.3.1 Decreasing cost of sequencing to drive market growth in India
- 10.4.4 REST OF ASIA PACIFIC
- 10.5 REST OF THE WORLD
- 10.5.1 LATIN AMERICA
- 10.5.2 MIDDLE EAST
- 10.5.3 AFRICA
11 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 11.1 INTRODUCTION
- 11.2 MARKET RANKING ANALYSIS
- 11.3 COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
- 11.3.1 ACQUISITIONS
- 11.3.2 AGREEMENTS
- 11.4 COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING
- 11.4.1 COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING: MAJOR MARKET PLAYERS (2018)
- 11.4.2 VISIONARY LEADERS
- 11.4.3 INNOVATORS
- 11.4.4 DYNAMIC PLAYERS
- 11.4.5 EMERGING COMPANIES
12 COMPANY PROFILES
(Business overview, Products and Services offered, Recent developments, MNM view)*
- 12.1 BGI GROUP
- 12.2 DNASTAR, INC.
- 12.3 EUROFINS SCIENTIFIC
- 12.4 GENEWIZ
- 12.5 ILLUMINA, INC.
- 12.6 INTEGRAGEN SA
- 12.7 MACROGEN, INC.
- 12.8 MICROSYNTH AG
- 12.9 NOVOGENE CO., LTD.
- 12.10 NUGEN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. (A WHOLLY OWNED SUBSIDIARY OF TECAN TRADING AG)
- 12.11 OXFORD NANOPORE TECHNOLOGIES, LTD.
- 12.12 PERKINELMER, INC.
- 12.13 QIAGEN N.V.
- 12.14 THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC, INC.
- 12.15 ZYMO RESEARCH CORPORATION
Business overview, Products and Services offered, Recent developments, MNM view might not be captured in case of unlisted companies
- 13.1 DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 13.2 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 13.3 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 13.4 RELATED REPORTS
- 13.5 AUTHOR DETAILS