Product Code: SE 1196
"The overall energy harvesting system market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.62% between 2017 and 2023"
The overall energy harvesting system market is expected to be valued at USD 645.8 million by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 10.62% between 2017 and 2023. The growing demand for safe, power-efficient, and durable systems that require minimum or no maintenance and extensive implementation of IoT devices in automation and energy harvesting technology in building and home automation are expected to generate a higher demand for energy harvesting systems. The key restraining factors for the growth of the energy harvesting system market are limitations of remotely installed networking modules and higher initial cost associated with energy harvesting systems curtails the market growth in developing countries.
"The building and home automation application to hold the largest share of the energy harvesting system market during the forecast period"
The energy harvesting system market for the building and home automation application is expected to account for the largest market share by 2023 as a result of increasing adoption of wireless sensor network enabled with energy harvesting system in the building and home automation application.
"Light energy harvesting technology is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period"
The energy harvesting system market for light energy harvesting technology is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period. The growth of the market in this segment is attributed to the increasing number of companies involved in the production of solar products for building automation, consumer electronics, and security applications. There are several companies providing solar energy-based solutions for the building automation and consumer electronics applications.
"The Americas to hold the largest share and is expected to witness the highest growth in the energy harvesting system market"
The Americas is expected to hold the largest share of the energy harvesting system market during the forecast period. This region is the abode of many energy harvesting system manufacturing companies. The energy harvesting system market in the Americas is expected to grow at a high rate during the forecast period. The high growth of the market in this region can be attributed to the increasing implementation of energy harvesting devices for different applications in the US and Canada.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews have been conducted with key people in the energy harvesting system market. The break-up of primary participants for the report has been shown below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 20 %, Tier 2 - 55%, and Tier 3 - 25%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives - 50%, Directors - 25%, and Managers - 25%
- By Region: North America - 60%, Europe - 20%, APAC - 10%, and RoW - 10%
The report also profiles the key players in this market. The prominent players profiled in this report are ABB Limited (Switzerland), Arveni (France), Convergence Wireless (US), Cymbet Corporation (US), EnOcean GmbH (Germany), Fujitsu Limited (Japan), Honeywell International Inc. (US), Microchip Technology Inc. (US), STMicroelectronics (Switzerland), and Texas Instrument Incorporated (US).
This research report categorizes the overall energy harvesting system market based on technology, component, application, and region. The report describes major drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities pertaining to the market as well as provides value chain analysis.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report would help leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- 1. This report segments the energy harvesting system market comprehensively and provides the closest market size estimation for subsegments across different regions.
- 2. The report would help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them with information on key drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities for market growth.
- 3. This report would help stakeholders understand their competitors better and gain more insights to improve their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes the information on the competitors' ecosystem, product launches, acquisitions, partnerships, agreements, contracts, and collaborations.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2. DEFINITION
- 1.3. STUDY SCOPE
- 1.3.1. MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2. GEOGRAPHIC SCOPE
- 1.4. SCOPE OF THE REPORT
- 1.4.1. YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.5. LIMITATIONS OF THE REPORT
- 1.6. CURRENCY
- 1.7. PACKAGE SIZE
- 1.8. MARKET STAKEHOLDERS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1. SECONDARY DATA
- 184.108.40.206. Secondary sources
- 2.1.2. PRIMARY DATA
- 220.127.116.11. Primary sources
- 18.104.22.168. Key industry insights
- 22.214.171.124. Breakdown of primaries
- 2.2. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.2.1. BOTTOM-UP APPROACH
- 2.2.2. TOP-DOWN APPROACH
- 2.2.3. MARKET SHARE ESTIMATION
- 2.3. MARKET BREAKDOWN AND DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4. RESEARCH ASSUMPTIONS
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1. ATTRACTIVE MARKET OPPORTUNITIES IN THE OVERALL ENERGY HARVESTING SYSTEM MARKET
- 4.2. ENERGY HARVESTING SYSTEM MARKET, BY TECHNOLOGY
- 4.3. ENERGY HARVESTING SYSTEM MARKET, BY APPLICATION AND BY COMPONENT
- 4.4. REGION ANALYSIS OF THE ENERGY HARVESTING SYSTEM MARKET
- 4.5. ENERGY HARVESTING SYSTEM MARKET, BY REGION
- 4.6. ENERGY HARVESTING SYSTEM MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 4.7. ENERGY HARVESTING SYSTEMS WITH WIRELESS SENSOR NETWORKS, BY COMPONENT
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 5.2. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1. DRIVERS
- 126.96.36.199. Growing demand for safe, power-efficient, and durable systems that require minimum or no maintenance
- 188.8.131.52. Extensive implementation of IoT devices in automation and energy harvesting technology in building and home automation
- 184.108.40.206. Increasing trend for green energy and favorable initiatives by the governments
- 220.127.116.11. Rising adoption of wireless sensor networks equipped with energy harvesting system
- 5.2.2. RESTRAINTS
- 18.104.22.168. Limitations of remotely installed networking modules
- 22.214.171.124. Higher initial cost associated with energy harvesting system curtails the market growth in developing countries
- 5.2.3. OPPORTUNITIES
- 126.96.36.199. Use of sensors in wearable electronics
- 188.8.131.52. Use of human energy harvesting for implantable biomedical devices
- 184.108.40.206. Ocean energy harvesting
- 5.2.4. CHALLENGES
- 220.127.116.11. Standardization of communication protocols
6. INDUSTRY TRENDS
- 6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 6.2. VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS
- 6.3. TRENDS IN AVIATION INDUSTRY
- 6.3.1. ENERGY HARVESTING TRACKING SOLUTION FOR CARGO
- 6.3.2. ENERGY HARVESTING FOR POWERING ELECTRONIC WINDOWS
- 6.3.3. ENERGY HARVESTING FOR DAMAGE DETECTION
- 6.3.4. ENERGY HARVESTING FOR AIRCRAFT SUBSYSTEMS
- 6.4. ANALYSIS OF APPLICATIONS
7. ENERGY HARVESTING MARKET FOR WIRELESS SENSOR NETWORK, BY COMPONENT AND SENSOR TYPE
- 7.1. DEFINITION AND SCOPE
- 7.1.1. WIRELESS SENSOR NETWORK (WSN)
- 7.2. DATA TRIANGULATION METHODOLOGY FOR WIRELESS SENSOR NETWORK WITH ENERGY HARVESTING
8. ENERGY HARVESTING SYSTEM MARKET, BY TECHNOLOGY
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.2. LIGHT ENERGY HARVESTING
- 8.3. VIBRATION ENERGY HARVESTING
- 8.4. RADIO FREQUENCY (RF) ENERGY HARVESTING
- 8.5. THERMAL ENERGY HARVESTING
9. ENERGY HARVESTING SYSTEM MARKET, BY COMPONENT
- 9.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.2. TRANSDUCER
- 9.2.1. PHOTOVOLTAIC
- 9.2.2. ELECTRODYNAMIC, PIEZOELECTRIC AND ELECTROMAGNETIC
- 18.104.22.168. Electrodynamic
- 22.214.171.124. Piezoelectric
- 126.96.36.199. Electromagnetic
- 9.2.3. THERMOELECTRIC
- 9.2.4. RADIO FREQUENCY (RF) TRANSDUCER
- 9.3. POWER MANAGEMENT INTEGRATED CIRCUIT (PMIC)
- 9.4. SECONDARY BATTERY
- 9.5. CASE STUDY
10. ENERGY HARVESTING SYSTEM MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 10.1. INTRODUCTION
- 10.2. BUILDING & HOME AUTOMATION
- 10.3. CONSUMER ELECTRONICS
- 10.4. INDUSTRIAL
- 10.5. TRANSPORTATION
- 10.6. SECURITY
11. GEOGRAPHICAL ANALYSIS
- 11.1. INTRODUCTION
- 11.2. AMERICAS
- 11.3. EUROPE
- 11.4. ASIA PACIFIC (APAC)
- 11.5. REST OF THE WORLD (ROW)
12. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 12.1. INTRODUCTION
- 12.2. MARKET RANK ANALYSIS
- 12.3. COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
- 12.4. COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING
- 12.4.1. VISIONARY LEADERS
- 12.4.2. DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 12.4.3. INNOVATORS
- 12.4.4. EMERGING COMPANIES
- 12.5. BUSINESS STRATEGY EXCELLENCE
- 12.6. STRENGTH OF PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
Top 25 Companies analyzed for this study are - ABB, Advanced Linear Devices, Inc., Arveni, Bionic Power Inc., Convergence Wireless, Cymbet Corporation, Cypress Semiconductor Corporation, EnOcean GmbH, Fujitsu, General Electric, Greenpeak Technologies, GreenTeg, Honeywell International, Kinergizer BV, Linear Technology, Lord Microstrain, Micro gen, Microchip Technology Inc., Mide Tecnhology, O-Flexx Technologies GmbH, Piezo systems, Inc., Powercast Corporation, Stmicroelectronics, Texas Instrument Incorporated, Voltree Power, Inc.
13. COMPANY PROFILES (Business Overview, Products Offered, Strength of the Product Portfolio, Business Strategy Excellence, Recent Developments and Key Relationships)
- 13.1. INTRODUCTION
- 13.2. ABB LIMITED
- 13.3. ARVENI
- 13.4. CONVERGENCE WIRELESS
- 13.5. CYMBET CORPORATION
- 13.6. ENOCEAN GMBH
- 13.7. FUJITSU LIMITED
- 13.8. GREENPEAK TECHNOLOGIES B.V.
- 13.9. HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL INC.
- 13.10. POWERCAST CORPORATION
- 13.11. MICROCHIP TECHNOLOGY INC.
- 13.12. STMICROELECTRONICS N.V.
- 13.13. TEXAS INSTRUMENTS INCORPORATED
- 13.14. KEY INNOVATORS
- 13.14.1. VOLTREE POWER INC.
- 13.14.2. BIONIC POWER INC.
- 13.14.3. O-FLEXX TECHNOLOGIES GMBH
*Details on Business Overview, Products Offered, Strength of the Product Portfolio, Business Strategy Excellence, Recent Developments and Key Relationships might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 14.1. INSIGHTS OF INDUSTRY EXPERTS
- 14.2. DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 14.3. KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 14.4. INTRODUCING RT: REAL-TIME MARKET INTELLIGENCE
- 14.5. AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 14.6. RELATED REPORTS
- 14.7. AUTHOR DETAILS