Juniper's latest ‘Digital Money Transfer & Remittances’ research provides an exhaustive, independent assessment of both the domestic and international digital money transfer and remittance markets.
The research explores the best practice for service deployment, identifies optimal markets for growth, assesses key player capabilities, and provides the most in-depth forecasts for a range of key metrics. It also analyses the emerging suitability of blockchain as a mechanism to underpin money transfer, and the impact this will have.
The research includes an analysis of the long-term implications of, and strategic recommendations for:
- Mobile & Online Domestic Money Transfer
- Mobile & Online International Money Transfer & Remittances
This research suite includes:
- Deep Dive Strategy & Competition (PDF)
- 5-Year Deep Dive Data & Forecasting (PDF & Excel)
- Executive Summary & Core Findings (PDF)
- 12 months' access to harvest online data platform
- Sector Dynamics: Provides an in-depth evaluation of the digital money transfer ecosystem, highlighting adoption for key segments:
- Mobile Domestic Money Transfer
- Online Domestic Money Transfer
- Mobile International Money Transfer & Remittances
- Online International Money Transfer & Remittances
- Trends & Disruptor Assessment: Strategic analysis of key digital money transfer trends and market disruptions, including the emergence of blockchain technology, rising levels of interoperability and the implications of rising banked populations on mobile money.
- Interviews: Leading money transfer and remittance vendors across the value chain interviewed:
- Mahindra Comviva
- Juniper Leaderboard: Key money transfer and remittance platform vendor capability and capacity assessment for 15 vendors, together with our Leaderboard positioning matrix.
- Juniper Positioning Indices: Analyses leading global mobile money players and digital remittance providers to evaluate their respective positioning in the digital innovation, service offering, market share and agility roadmap.
- Benchmark Industry Forecasts: Provided for the size and growth of the domestic and international money transfer sectors, including user adoption and transaction values:
- Domestic: split by 8 key regions, 15 national markets and 8 mobile money transfer types.
- International: split by 8 key regions, 10 national markets and 2 mobile money transfer and remittance types.
- 1. Which are the key players disrupting the digital money transfer landscape? Will they remain successful?
- 2. To what extent are disruptive technology players changing the domestic money transfer market?
- 3. What key trends are shaping the growth of the mobile money and international remittances market today?
- 4. How is international money transfer and remittances gaining traction in the mobile arena?
- 5. What role can blockchain play in disrupting established international remittance business models?
- Interviewed: Amdocs, IBM, Comviva.
- Profiled: Amdocs, eServGlobal, Huawei, IBM, Infosys EdgeVerve, Interac, Comviva, Mastercard, OBOPAY, PayPal, RemitONE, Ripple, Telepin Software, TransferTo, Visa.
- Case Studied: Everex, IBM.
- Included in Player Positioning Indices: Airtel Money, Alipay, Azimo, bKash, Easypaisa, EcoCash, Equitel Money, FairFX, FNB eWallet, MoneyGram, M-Pesa, MTN Mobile Money, OFX, Ooredoo Money, Orange Money, Paytm, Remitly, Ria, Smart Padala, Tigo, Transfast, TransferWise, UAE Exchange, Venmo, WeChat Pay, Western Union, WorldRemit, Xoom.
- Mentioned: AB Bank, Abu Sheika, Accenture, Acision, Adyen, Aerie Networks, AFEX Money Express, African Banking Corporation, AfroCoin, Al Fardan Exchange, ALDI, Allianz, Allstate Insurance, American Express, Ancestry.com, Ant Financial, ANZ, AOL, Apple, Arthur Andersen, AsiaHawala, Axis Bank, Azam Group, Banco Do Brasil, Bancolombia, Bank of America, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Bank of Montreal, Bank of Tanzania, Bank of Uganda, Banque Atlantique, Batelco bwallet, Berkshire Hathaway, BICS, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Borsa Italiana, Braintree, BSNL, Canadian Western Bank, Cassava Smartech, Central Bank of Kenya, Central Bank of Nigeria, Chase, China Construction Bank, CIBC, Citi, Commerce Bank, Dahabshiil, Deloitte, Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation, Desjardins, Deutsche Bank, Dialpad Communications, Digicel, Discover Financial Services, Ditto, Djezzy, du, Early Warning, EcoCash, Econet Wireless, Emirates NBD, Equity Bank, Ericsson, Essar, Etilsalat, Euronet, Facebook, Feeding America, Fidor, Finablr, First Calgary Financial, Fiserv, FNB eWallet, Freedom Mobile, Globe Cash, Google, Grab, Grameenphone, Green Dot, GSMA, Hand2Hand, HiFX, Hightail, HPB, HSBC, Hyperledger, Hyperwallet, ICICI Bank, IMB, IME, IMF, ING, Ingo Money, ITU, JazzCash, JP Morgan, JSC Mobile Finance, KASIKORNBANK, KBC, KICB ELSOM, Kim Phu Money Transfer, Klarna, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Lebara Mobile, Libro Credit Union, Lyft, Maersk, MallforAfrica, Maroc Telecom, Mascom Wireless, Maxis M Money, MCB Bank, Meagher Moynihan, MetroRemit, Millicom, Mobile Money Guyana, Movii, MUFG Bank, Mukuru, Natixis, NatWest Bank, NCA (National Communications Authority), Noble, Omantel e-Floos, Omidyar Network, OnDeck, Orbiscom, OutMatch, Paddy Power Betfair, Paga, Rabobank, RakBank, Rakuten, RBC, RBI, RCBC, Reggae Money, Remit2India, Roshan M-Paisa, Safaricom, SAMA (the Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority), Samsung, Santander, Scentre Group, Scotiabank, Shinhan Bank of South Korea, Siam Commercial Bank, Singaporean United Overseas Bank, Skype, Slack, Societe Generale, Somtel e-Dahab, Sony, Square, Standard Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, State Bank of India, Strex, Stripe, Swych, Symphoni, Tangerine Bank, TD, Telecel, Telenor, Tempo France, T-Mobile, Tonic Health, TransferTo, Travelex, True Move, Uber, Uganda Telecom, UN, UNICEF, Unicredit, Union Bank of the Philippines, United Bank for Africa, UnityLink Financial Services, Valyou Mobile Wallet, Vantiv, Viber, VocaLink Holdings, Vodacom, Vodafone, Volaris Group, Walmart, Warid Telecom, WeChat, Westpac, WhatsApp, Wing Money, World Bank, Worldpay, XE, Xpress Money, Yahoo, Zain, ZICTA (Zambia Information and Communications Technology Authority), Zolotaya Korona.
Data & Interactive Forecast
Juniper's latest ‘Digital Money Transfer & Remittances’ forecast suite includes:
- Data splits for:
- Mobile Domestic Money Transfer
- Mobile International Money Transfer
- Online Domestic Money Transfer
- Online International Money Transfer
- Mobile Money Transfer & Remittance splits by 7 Transaction Types:
- Bulk Disbursement
- Domestic Airtime Top-Up
- Domestic P2P Remittance
- International Airtime Top-Up
- International P2P Remittance
- Splits by 8 key geographical regions and by 9 key markets:
- Plus additional 6 markets for mobile money transfer and remittances:
- Saudi Arabia
- Interactive Scenario tool allowing user to manipulate Juniper's data for 28 different metrics.
- Access to the full set of forecast data of over 100 tables and 12,500 data points.
Juniper Research's highly granular interactive Excels enable clients to manipulate Juniper's forecast data and charts to test their own assumptions using the Interactive Scenario Tool, and compare select markets side by side in customised charts and tables. IFxls greatly increase clients' ability to both understand a particular market and to integrate their own views into the model.