Product Code: SR1018E45_Report
The airport passenger screening systems market is currently being catalyzed by rising security needs and the introduction of innovative, and effective products and services that meet this demand. According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Airport Passenger Screening Systems Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023", the global airport passenger screening systems market has reached a value of US$ 2.1 Billion in 2017.
Airport passenger screening system is a system that is used to scan the passengers before they can board a plane. Generally, even after passing through the screening system, passengers are screened manually using a metal detector by the police personnel. But the need for secure and effective screening systems over the few years have risen significantly due to the current air traffic uplift throughout the globe. Improvement in the current screening systems is imperative as passengers remain a key part of airport operations, and efficiency in the same can help increase timely performance and operability of the airport. In recent times, added importance are being placed on commuter screening systems at airports, both by the government as well as private organizations. The passenger screening system can be segregated on the basis of type, i,e, advanced imaging system, explosive detection system, and metal detection system. These innovative systems can also spot undetectable items, including metallic and non-metallic ones.
With major OEMs pouring-in investments to introduce next-generation passenger screening systems, the future of the market looks positive. The usage of advanced imaging systems is growing at a massive scale, which will further augment the growth of the global airport passenger screening systems market. Millimeter wave technology, which boasts the ability to see through people's clothing and identify undetectable objects can also be a major player in the market. Moreover, rising security needs across the globe will ensure long-term growth and implementation of airport passenger screening systems. Looking forward, the market value is projected to exceed US$ 2.7 Billion by 2023, exhibiting a CAGR of more than 4.1% during 2018-2023.
- Based on product type, the market has been segmented as passenger screening and carry-on baggage screening.
- On the basis of technology, metal and explosive detection systems represent the largest segment, followed by advanced imaging systems.
- Based on end-user, the market has been segmented as civil airports and military airports.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Amongst these, Asia Pacific is the leading market, accounting for the majority of the global share.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Analogic Corporation, CEIA, Cobalt Light Systems, Garrett Metal Detectors, Ketech Systems Ltd., Kromek Group PLC., L-3 Security & Detection Systems Inc., Morpho Detection Inc., Optosecurity Inc., Rapiscan System Ltd., Reveal Imaging Technologies Inc. and Smiths Detection.
- This report provides a deep insight into the global airport passenger screening systems market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the airport passenger screening systems market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global airport passenger screening systems market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global airport passenger screening systems industry?
- What are the key technologies in the global airport passenger screening systems industry?
- What are the key end-users in the global airport passenger screening systems industry?
- What are the key product types in the global airport passenger screening systems industry?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global airport passenger screening systems market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global airport passenger screening systems market?
- What is the structure of the global airport passenger screening systems market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global airport passenger screening systems market?
Table of Contents
2. Scope and Methodology
- 2.1. Objectives of the Study
- 2.2. Stakeholders
- 2.3. Data Sources
- 2.3.1. Primary Sources
- 2.3.2. Secondary Sources
- 2.4. Market Estimation
- 2.4.1. Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2. Top-Down Approach
- 2.5. Forecasting Methodology
3. Executive Summary
- 4.1. Overview
- 4.2. Key Industry Trends
5. Global Airport Passenger Screening Systems Market
- 5.1. Market Overview
- 5.2. Market Performance
- 5.3. Market Breakup by Product
- 5.4. Market Breakup by Technology
- 5.5. Market Breakup by End-User
- 5.6. Market Breakup by Region
- 5.7. Market Forecast
- 5.8. SWOT Analysis
- 5.8.1. Overview
- 5.8.2. Strengths
- 5.8.3. Weaknesses
- 5.8.4. Opportunities
- 5.8.5. Threats
- 5.9. Value Chain Analysis
- 5.9.1. Overview
- 5.9.2. Research and Development
- 5.9.3. Raw Material Procurement
- 5.9.4. Manufacturing
- 5.9.5. Marketing
- 5.9.6. Distribution
- 5.9.7. End-Use
- 5.10. Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 5.10.1. Overview
- 5.10.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 5.10.3. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.10.4. Degree of Competition
- 5.10.5. Threat of New Entrants
- 5.10.6. Threat of Substitutes
- 5.11. Price Analysis
6. Market Breakup by Product
- 6.1. Passenger Screening
- 6.2. Carry-On Baggage Screening
7. Market Breakup by Technology
- 7.1. Metal and Explosive Detection Systems
- 7.2. Advanced Imaging Systems
8. Market Breakup by End-User
- 8.1. Civil Airports
- 8.2. Military Airports
9. Market Breakup by Region
- 9.1. Asia Pacific
- 9.2. Europe
- 9.3. North America
- 9.4. Middle East and Africa
- 9.5. Latin America
10. Airport Passenger Screening Systems Manufacturing Process
- 10.1. Product Overview
- 10.2. Raw Material Requirements
- 10.3. Manufacturing Process
- 10.4. Key Success and Risk Factors
11. Competitive Landscape
- 11.1. Market Structure
- 11.2. Key Players
- 11.3. Profiles of Key Players
- 11.3.1. Analogic Corporation
- 11.3.2. CEIA
- 11.3.3. Cobalt Light Systems
- 11.3.4. Garrett Metal Detectors
- 11.3.5. Ketech Systems Ltd.
- 11.3.6. Kromek Group PLC.
- 11.3.7. L-3 Security & Detection Systems Inc.
- 11.3.8. Morpho Detection Inc.
- 11.3.9. Optosecurity Inc.
- 11.3.10. Rapiscan System Ltd.
- 11.3.11. Reveal Imaging Technologies Inc.
- 11.3.12. Smiths Detection