Product Code: SR1018G9_Report
The global PVC pipes market reached a volume of 22.8 Million Tons in 2018, growing at a CAGR of 5.4% during 2011-2018. The market is further projected to reach a volume of 30.5 Million Tons by 2024, expanding at a CAGR of 4.9% during 2019-2024. PVC pipes are composed by the extrusion of a blend of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and several additives. The production of PVC pipes consumes around four times lesser energy and incurs lower losses of the raw material in comparison to concrete pipes. Moreover, complete recyclability of PVC makes the environmental footprint of these pipes far smaller than the alternative piping materials. Owing to these factors, PVC pipes find applications in water systems, underground wiring and sewer lines.
Global PVC Pipes Market Drivers/Constraints:
PVC pipes have gained popularity across the globe owing to their favourable properties such as light-weight, cost-effectiveness, easy installation and durability. Apart from this, their excellent heat and electrical insulation properties have led to their usage in electrical fittings.
These pipes do no rot, wear or rust over time and can withstand rigorous shaking and extreme movement in earthquake-prone zones. Owing to these factors, PVC pipes are continuously replacing other piping materials across the world.
The introduction of new technology applying molecular orientation in the PVC pipes manufacturing has resulted into the development of PVC-O (oriented) pipes. These pipes are more environment-friendly, cost-effective and have enhanced physical and mechanical properties than conventionally produced PVC pipes.
Availability of the substitutes of PVC pipes such as steel, high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and cross-linked polyethylene (PEX) pose a major threat to the profitability of the PVC pipes manufactueres, in turn, deterring the market growth.
On the basis of application, the market has been segmented into irrigation, water supply, sewerage, plumbing, HVAC, and oil and gas. Currently, the irrigation segment dominates the market, holding the largest market share.
Region-wise, Asia enjoys the leading position in the global PVC pipes market. Other major regions include North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
The competitive landscape of the global PVC pipes market has also been examined with some of the key players being:
- China Lesso Group Holdings Ltd.
- Fujian Aton New Material Technology Co. Ltd.
- Hebei Bosoar Pipe Co. Ltd.
- Pipelife Austria Gmbh & Co Kg
- Plasticos Ferro Sl.
This report provides a deep insight into the global PVC pipes industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a PVC pipes manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the PVC pipes industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global PVC pipes market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global PVC pipes industry?
- What are the major application segments in the global PVC pipes industry?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global PVC pipes industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global PVC pipes industry?
- What is the structure of the global PVC pipes industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global PVC pipes industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global PVC pipes industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a PVC pipes manufacturing plant?
- How are PVC pipes manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a PVC pipes manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a PVC pipes manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a PVC pipes manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a PVC pipes manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for PVC pipes?
- What are the transportation requirements for PVC pipes?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a PVC pipes manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a PVC pipes manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a PVC pipes manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a PVC pipes manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a PVC pipes manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a PVC pipes manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2. Scope and Methodology
- 2.1. Objectives of the Study
- 2.2. Stakeholders
- 2.3. Data Sources
- 2.3.1. Primary Sources
- 2.3.2. Secondary Sources
- 2.4. Market Estimation
- 2.4.1. Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2. Top-Down Approach
- 2.5. Forecasting Methodology
3. Executive Summary
- 4.1. Overview
- 4.2. Key Industry Trends
5. Global PVC Industry
- 5.1. Market Overview
- 5.2. Market Performance
- 5.3. Market Breakup by Region
- 5.4. Market Breakup by Type
- 5.5. Market Breakup by Application
- 5.6 Market Forecast
6. Global PVC Pipes Industry
- 6.1. Market Overview
- 6.2. Market Performance
- 6.3. Market Breakup by Region
- 6.4. Market Breakup by Application
- 6.5. Market Forecast
- 6.6. SWOT Analysis
- 6.6.1. Overview
- 6.6.2. Strengths
- 6.6.3. Weaknesses
- 6.6.4. Opportunities
- 6.6.5. Threats
- 6.7. Value Chain Analysis
- 6.7.1 Raw Material Procurement
- 6.7.2 Manufacturing
- 6.7.3 Marketing
- 6.7.4 Distribution
- 6.7.5 Exports
- 6.7.6 End-Use
- 6.8. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 6.8.1. Overview
- 6.8.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 6.8.3. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 6.8.4. Degree of Competition
- 6.8.5. Threat of New Entrants
- 6.8.6. Threat of Substitutes
- 6.9. Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
7. PVC Pipes Market: Performance of Key Regions
- 7.1. Asia
- 7.1.1 Market Trends
- 7.1.2 Market Forecast
- 7.2. North America
- 7.2.1 Market Trends
- 7.2.2 Market Forecast
- 7.3. Europe
- 7.3.1 Market Trends
- 7.3.2 Market Forecast
- 7.4. Middle East and Africa
- 7.4.1 Market Trends
- 7.4.2 Market Forecast
- 7.5. Latin America
- 7.5.1 Market Trends
- 7.5.2 Market Forecast
8. PVC Pipes Market by Application
- 8.1. Irrigation
- 8.1.1 Market Trends
- 8.1.2 Market Forecast
- 8.2. Water Supply
- 8.2.1 Market Trends
- 8.2.2 Market Forecast
- 8.3. Sewerage
- 8.3.1 Market Trends
- 8.3.2 Market Forecast
- 8.4. Plumbing
- 8.4.1 Market Trends
- 8.4.2 Market Forecast
- 8.5. HVAC
- 8.5.1 Market Trends
- 8.5.2 Market Forecast
- 8.6. Oil and Gas
- 8.6.1 Market Trends
- 8.6.2 Market Forecast
9. Competitive Landscape
10. PVC Pipes Manufacturing Process
- 10.1. Product Overview
- 10.2. Detailed Process Flow
- 10.3. Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 10.4. Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
11. Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 11.1. Land Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.2. Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.3. Plant Machinery
- 11.4. Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.5. Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.6. Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.7. Utility Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.8. Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.9. Other Capital Investments
12. Loans and Financial Assistance
13. Project Economics
- 13.1. Capital Cost of the Project
- 13.2. Techno-Economic Parameters
- 13.3. Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 13.4. Taxation and Depreciation
- 13.5. Income Projections
- 13.6. Expenditure Projections
- 13.7. Financial Analysis
- 13.8. Profit Analysis
14. Key Player Profiles