Product Code: 66738
The AI chipsets market is expected to register a CAGR of 35.0% during the forecast period (2021 - 2026). Various factors, such as an increase in the demand for autonomous driving, edge analytics, and smart appliances in the consumer electronics industry, are anticipated to fuel the market growth.
- The rapidly increasing growth of machine learning in multiple sectors, such as automotive, finance, and retail, is boosting the adoption of AI technology. The most popular application of AI chipsets in the automotive industry involves the manufacture of the driverless car to achieve the L5 level of autonomous technology.
- The increase in social media and e-commerce penetration is resulting in the generation of large volumes of data. For instance, e-commerce users in India generate over 30-40 TB (Terabytes) of data daily, which is equivalent to the content in 50 lakh Yellow Pages books. The need to process such huge data at a faster rate is driving the market.
- The ability of machine learning to collect and handle big data, and its various applications in the autonomous robots, real-time speech translation, and facial analysis are also driving its growth in the market, and as AI constitutes multiple technologies that play a very crucial role in the development of the ecosystem, it is also expected to witness high demand.
- Moreover, as AI enables the machines to perform various activities that are similar to those performed by human beings, many opportunities are expected to open up in the future. Moreover, the increasing focus on developing human-aware AI systems is also increasing the growth of the market. However, the lack of a skilled workforce and the absence of standards and protocols are restraining the growth of the market.
Key Market Trends
Consumer Electronics is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- The increasing trend of artificial intelligence in smart consumer devices is anticipated to drive the market for AI chipsets. The incapability of traditional computing methods to process big data has driven the need for high-performance computing and several R&D programs in the semiconductor domain.
- A high-speed computing processor enables machine learning, which consists of deep learning, reinforcement learning supervised, and unsupervised learning. These machine learning devices are equipped with AI processing chipsets and are expected to drive AI chipsets demand in the coming years.
- The consumer electronics segment is also expected to hold a significant share in the artificial intelligence chipset market during the forecast period. This industry witnesses a large demand for various electronic devices, such as tablets and smartphones. The major key vendors in the industry, such as Samsung, is implementing AI technologies primarily to enhance and offer highly customized products.
- Conventional consumer electronics products, such as smartphones, computers, TVs, cameras, speakers to the voice-enabled devices, smart TVs, and smart wearables, are rapidly gaining traction in the market. By the adoption of AI technology, the industry is expected to see a stellar growth during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period, primarily owing to the rapidly increasing adoption of AI across multiple end-user industries, such as consumer electronics, healthcare, automotive, robotics, and automation industries, that may contribute toward the demand for AI chipsets.
- The application of AI chipset in consumer electronics, such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops, involves the integration of voice commands, enhancement of photography experience, gathering and sorting relevant data based on past searches, etc., which has resulted in the high adoption of AI chipsets.
- The region has a major presence of smartphone manufacturers and semiconductor industries in the world. Countries, like China, Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea, comprise most of the major smartphone manufacturers. The increasing population resulted in an increase in the usage of smartphones, which is expected to result in the growth of the market.
Though the market has been influenced by the presence of some small and big global players, the global market for AI chipsets is anticipated to be moderately concentrated. The industry for AI-powered chipsets is still in the initial phase to gain market traction. Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD), Amazon Web Services, Inc., Graphcore Ltd, and Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd are some of the major players present in the current market. All these players are involved in competitive strategic developments, such as partnerships, new product innovation, and market expansion, to gain leadership positions in the global AI chipsets market.
- July 2019 - Intel Corporation and Baidu Research collaborated to augment Intel's upcoming AI chip "Nervana Neural Network Processor". This collaboration is expected to enhance AI-powered chips in the global market.
- April 2019 - Qualcomm collaborated with Vivo, Tencent Honor of Kings, and Tencent AI Lab, to augment artificial intelligence capability on mobile and other smart devices. With its advanced 'Project Imagination' 4G AI technology, Qualcomm is anticipated to enhance the user experience in mobile-based game apps through AI-powered chips.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Increase in Demand for Autonomous Driving Technology
- 4.2.2 Growth in Edge Analytics for IoT Application
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 Complexity in Design and AI Interface
- 4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Component
- 5.1.1 Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- 5.1.2 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
- 5.1.3 Neural Network Processor (NNP)
- 5.1.4 Other Components
- 5.2 Application
- 5.2.1 Consumer Electronics
- 5.2.2 Automotive
- 5.2.3 Healthcare
- 5.2.4 Automation and Robotics
- 5.2.5 Other Applications
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 Rest of the World (RoW)
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD)
- 6.1.2 Amazon Web Services Inc.
- 6.1.3 Xilinx Inc.
- 6.1.4 Graphcore Ltd
- 6.1.5 Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
- 6.1.6 IBM Corporation
- 6.1.7 Intel Corporation
- 6.1.8 NVIDIA Corporation
- 6.1.9 Qualcomm Inc.
- 6.1.10 Samsung Semiconductor (Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd)
- 6.2 Investment Analysis
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS