Product Code: 61909
The nanocellulose market is anticipated to register a CAGR of around 20% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the growth of the market studied are superior properties of nanocellulose and increasing adoption of flexible packaging aids.
- Nanofibrillated Cellulose dominate the market with a share of more than 50% and is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period.
- Economic barriers are likely to hinder the market's growth.
Key Market Trends
Pharmaceuticals and Cosmetics to Dominate the Market
- Nanocellulose has a wide range of applications in the medical sector, including usage in antimicrobial films and water-absorbent pads. Some of these applications include wound healing, bone-cartilage regeneration, dental application, and catering to different diseases, like cancer.
- Nanocellulose possesses biocompatibility and biodegradability properties, which make it highly suitable for biomedical applications. Moreover, it has properties, such as high viscosity at rest, shear thinning effect, high gel strength, suspending strength, high water holding capability, and film forming ability. This makes the substance highly suitable for cosmetic formulations in skin- and hair-care products, decorative cosmetics, and wet wipes.
- Wound healing - Generally, materials that contain cellulose are used with the intent of them not persisting in the biological environment for a very long time. In fact, they are to be subsequently degraded after having completed their essential functions.
- Furthermore, the rapidly increasing investments in the healthcare sector of the emerging countries are expected to boost the demand for nanocellulose, from the healthcare sector.
- Therefore, considering the aforementioned factors, the demand for nanocellulose is expected to increase, for pharmaceutical and cosmetic applications.
North America to Dominate the Market
- North America dominated the market with a sahre of almost 45% and is expected to continue its dominace during the forevcast period.
- United States ia the largest consumer of nanocellulose with a share of more than 70% and is expected to witnwss a healthy CAGR during the forecast period.
- Rising demand from aerospace and pharmaceuticals is boosting the market demand.
- For instance, according to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the total commercial aircraft fleet is expected to reach 8,270 in 2037 from 7,039 in 2016, owing to the growth in air cargo. Additionally, the US mainliner carrier fleet is expected to grow at a rate of 54 aircraft per year, as the existing fleet is getting older.
- The United States is the largest market for biopharmaceuticals, accounting for around one-third of the global market. The country is the world leader in biopharmaceutical R&D. As it has the world's most supportive domestic environments for the development and commercialization of pharmaceuticals with negligible market barriers, the production of pharmaceuticals in the country is expected to increase during the forecast period.
- Also, the cosmetics industry in Canada is one of the major factors driving the consumption of nanocellulose. The increasing demand for face creams and hair dyes is expected to boost the demand for nanocellulose in the country.
- The Canadian consumers are shifting to premium skin care products for high-quality natural ingredients. The cosmetics industry in the country is expected to grow at a healthy rate, supported by the increasing usage of multi-step skin care products.
- Kruger Inc., a Canadian-based company, is the largest manufacturer of cellulose filaments that can confer outstanding properties and advantages to a wide range of products.
- With such growth from various end-user industries, the North America nanocellulose market is expected to grow rapidly, during the forecast period.
The nanocellulose market is consolidated. Few of the major players dominate the market, in terms of various products. Key players in the nanocellulose market include CelluForce, American Process Inc., Melodea Ltd, American Process Inc., Chuetsu Pulp and Paper, Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd, and Borregaard, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Superior Properties of Nanocellulose
- 4.1.2 Increasing Adoption of Flexible Packaging Aids
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Economic Barriers Hindering the Market Growth
- 4.2.2 Dearth of Consumer Awareness
- 4.2.3 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Product Type
- 5.1.1 Nanofibrillated Cellulose (NFC)
- 5.1.2 Nanocrystalline Cellulose (NCC)
- 5.1.3 Bacterial Cellulose
- 5.1.4 Microfibrillated Cellulose (MFC)
- 5.1.5 Other Product Types
- 5.2 End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Paper Processing
- 5.2.2 Paints and Coatings
- 5.2.3 Oil and Gas
- 5.2.4 Food and Beverage
- 5.2.5 Composites
- 5.2.6 Pharmaceuticals and Cosmetics
- 5.2.7 Other End Users
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 South Korea
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 220.127.116.11 United States
- 18.104.22.168 Canada
- 22.214.171.124 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 Germany
- 188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
- 184.108.40.206 Nordic Countries
- 220.127.116.11 France
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 Rest of World
- 22.214.171.124 South Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
- 188.8.131.52 Brazil
- 184.108.40.206 Others
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Ranking Analysis
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 American Process Inc.
- 6.4.2 Axcelon Biopolymers Corporation
- 6.4.3 Borregaard
- 6.4.4 CelluComp
- 6.4.5 CelluForce
- 6.4.6 Chuetsu Pulp & Paper Co. Ltd
- 6.4.7 Daicel Finechem Ltd
- 6.4.8 Fiberlean Technologies
- 6.4.9 Melodea Ltd
- 6.4.10 Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd
- 6.4.11 Norske Skog AS
- 6.4.12 Oji Holdings Corporation
- 6.4.13 Rise Innventia AB
- 6.4.14 Sappi Ltd
- 6.4.15 University of Maine
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS