Product Code: 63661
The wafer cleaning equipment market is expected to grow with a CAGR of 6.21% during the forecast period 2020 - 2025. The increasing efforts to make the electronic packaging highly resourceful due to the enormous demand for the electronic components owing to amplified usage has made wafer cleaning equipment used in a myriad of applications.
- MEMS, PCBs, memory devices, ICs, and semiconductors wafer are the essential components to build an electronic device. These separate components are relatively small and very reliable, which is the reason for the performance of any electronic device. The wafer cleaning plays a vital role in the execution of an electronic device which is expected to have an augmented growth over the forecast period.
- Moreover, the RFIDs are being integrated into several consumer electronics and identity solutions, such as identification tags and smart cards. End-users are increasingly demanding ultra-smooth surfaces and ultra clean wafers to incorporate them seamlessly into these devices.
- The increase in growth of the semiconductor industry due to the integration of semiconductors in consumer electronics devices such as television, laptops, smartphones, iPods, Ipads, cameras, washing machines, printers, music systems, and others, will drive the market in the forecast period.
- The major challenge for the production of these materials is to control of the environment especially in the process of wafer cleaning, especially dust and biohazard waste is generated which have the direct impact in the environment f they are not appropriately treated. Therefore different government regulations are made to consider how they need to be handled to avoid such problems.
Scope of the Report
Microelectronic wafer cleaning requires several technologies to remove and neutralize the effect of contamination and defects on various components. It includes cryogenic aerosol, dry, aqueous, supercritical fluid, and wet chemical cleaning. These techniques are used in different electronic equipment that process wafers in different groups called batch wafer and an individual group called single wafer cleaning. This scenario is increasingly creating a demand for a better manufacturing process.
Key Market Trends
Application in Smartphones & Tablets to Drive the Market Growth
- The increase in usage of consumer electronic devices such as smartphones and tablets have stimulated the growth of the wafer cleaning equipment market. Emerging new technologies and increased consumer demand for more advanced smartphones and tablets have boosted the growth pace of the industry to a great extent.
- The demand for smartphones has increased, and the sales of PCs have declined because most of the tasks such as emailing, social media, gaming, chatting, can now be done via smartphones. Therefore, according to StatCounter the global market share for desktop as of May 2019 was 3.92%, while market share for smartphone and tablet was 49.71% & 46.37% respectively.
- The tremendous growth in the tablets and smartphones market has boosted the demand for the semiconductor wafers, thus raising the need for wafer cleaning equipment.
Asia-Pacific to be the Fastest Growing Region
- Asia-Pacific region currently occupies a significant share in the market owing to the fact that this region is home to most of the major semiconductor manufacturers. Furthermore, it is also the fastest growing region in the industry due to the increase in the adoption of consumer electric devices. The market in the region witnessed high demand from Outsourced Semiconductor Assembly and Test (OSAT), owing to increasing consolidation in the wafer cleaning equipment market.
- However, economically developing countries in the APAC region, such as Australia, India, China, and Japan are adopting new technologies- (Artificial Intelligence, Augmented Reality) enabled smartphones and tablets, which is anticipated to raise the global market demand for Wafer Cleaning Equipment.
- It is estimated that most of these foundries are concentrated in China and Japan. With initiatives for Tokyo Olympics 2020 already in motion, semiconductor manufacturing region is expected to open up better opportunities for the thinning and dicing and hence wafer cleaning equipment shortly.
The major players in the market are Lam Research Corporation, Applied Materials, Inc., Veeco Instruments Inc., Tokyo Electron Limited, Entegris, Inc, Modutek Corporation, and Semes Co., Ltd., among others. These players account for a major share and are reliable, leading to a higher market consolidation.
- March 2019 - Tokyo Electron (TEL) announced the upcoming launch of the Cellesta Pro SPM single wafer cleaning system in May 2019. Cellesta Pro SPM is a unique wafer SPM processing system for wet metal etching with controlled selectivity for TiN and W films, as well as post-CMP and post-ash clean processes. The system uses a mixture of sulfuric acid, and hydrogen peroxide (sulfuric peroxide mixture: SPM) for cleaning and wet etch processes.
- December 2018 - Disco Corporation developed DFD6363, a fully-automatic blade dicing saw capable of processing 300 mm Si wafers. DFD6363 is the improved version of DFD6362, which is widely adopted for use in semiconductor manufacturing with 300 mm Si wafers.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Growing Demand for Tablets and Smartphones
- 4.3.2 Growth in the Semiconductor Industry
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 Environmental Concerns Related to Hazardous Chemicals and Gases Generated During Wafer Cleaning Process
- 4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 TECHNOLOGY SNAPSHOT
- 5.1 Single-wafer Spray Systems
- 5.2 Single-wafer Cryogenic Systems
- 5.3 Batch Immersion Cleaning Systems
- 5.4 Batch Spray Cleaning Systems
- 5.5 Scrubbers
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 6.1 By Operating Mode Type
- 6.1.1 Automatic Equipment
- 6.1.2 Semi-automatic Equipment
- 6.1.3 Manual Equipment
- 6.2 By Application
- 6.2.1 Smartphones & Tablets
- 6.2.2 Memory Devices
- 6.2.3 RF Device
- 6.2.4 LED
- 6.2.5 Other Applications
- 6.3 Geography
- 6.3.1 North America
- 6.3.2 Europe
- 6.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 6.3.4 Latin America
- 6.3.5 Middle East & Africa
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 7.1 Company Profiles
- 7.1.1 Applied Materials, Inc.
- 7.1.2 Lam Research Corporation
- 7.1.3 Tokyo Electron Limited
- 7.1.4 Veeco Instruments Inc.
- 7.1.5 Screen Holdings Co., Ltd
- 7.1.6 Modutek Corporation
- 7.1.7 Entegris, Inc
- 7.1.8 PVA Tepla AG
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS