Product Code: 52820
The market for chemical injection metering pumps & valves is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 4% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are the growing chemical industry and accelerating demand from wastewater treatment applications. However, the maturing markets in developed economies of Europe and North America are expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Energy, Power & Chemicals industry dominated the market and is expected to continue to grow during the forecast period. The water & Wastewater treatment industry is expected to grow at the highest CAGR in the coming years.
- Growing demand from the pharmaceutical industry is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
- Europe dominated the market followed by North America and Asia-Pacific across the globe with the largest consumption from countries such as Germany, the United States, China, Japan, and Russia among others.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Oil & Gas Industry
- Chemical injection metering pumps & valves find a major use in oil and gas industry. Chemical injection metering pumps find use in upstream, midstream as well as downstream processes in oil and gas industry.
- In upstream metering pumps are used to inject methanol to prevent hydrate formation and corrosion inhibitors to maximize production flow in onshore and offshore wells.
- In the midstream process, chemical injections pumps are used for dosing of corrosion inhibitors for better transportation through pipelines or on floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) vessels and floating production and storage offloading (FPSO) vessels.
- In downstream processing in refineries and petrochemical plants, chemical injection metering pumps are used to inject chemicals for separation and treatment.
- Furthermore, the Indian and Chinese governments are encouraging investments in the upstream industry, to reduce their dependence on imports. China announced the oil and gas industry reforms, aimed at liberalizing the market and inviting private investments in the sector, by ending the monopoly of China's three state-owned oil and gas operators - China National Petroleum Corp (CNPC), China Petrochemical Corp (Sinopec), and China National Offshore Oil Corp.
- Hence, during the forecast period, the chemical injection metering pumps and valves in the upstream sector is expected to witness substantial growth.
- The demand for refined fuel and associated chemicals among the developing countries has increased significantly, which, in turn, has supplemented the uptake of downstream projects including refinery and petrochemicals.
- India is expected to aggressively bid for the expansion of its refining capacity to meet its growing energy needs. The Indian government plans to expand its domestic refining capacity by 77% to 439 million tons, equivalent to about 8.8 million barrels per day (BPD) by 2030.
- The growth in the oil and gas upstream and downstream sector with increasing investments is likely to drive the demand in the market studied during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Witness High Growth
- Asia-Pacific region witnessed high growth in the demand for chemical injection metering pumps & valves. China alone accounts for about 35% of the market in the Asia-Pacific region.
- The consumption of metering pumps & valves is high in oil & gas, the downstream production has increased in China.
- The country has 635 million metric tons (MMT) of oil reserves and 54 trillion cubic feet of natural gas reserves and around 96 trillion cubic feet shale gas reserves. Currently, it is focusing on increasing domestic production, which is expected to augment the consumption of chemical injection metering pumps & valves.
- It is also the largest consumer of energy globally. Currently, in the region, there is a significant growth going in various end-user industries especially pharmaceutical, food & beverages, and water & wastewater treatment among others.
- The aforementioned factors are expected to contribute to the growth in demand for chemical injection metering pumps & valves' sales in the region during the forecast period.
The global chemical injection metering pumps & valves market market is highly fragmented with top 5 players accounting for an insignificant share of the market. The major companies include Idex Corporation, SPX Flow, Lewa GmbH, SkoFlo Industries Inc., and Seko SpA.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Chemical Industry
- 4.1.2 Accelerating Demand from Wastewater Treatment Applications
- 4.1.3 Robust Operational Procedures for Regulating Environmental Concerns
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 High Maintenance and Replacement Costs in Some Applications
- 4.2.2 Maturing Market in Developed Economies of Europe and North America
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Pump Type
- 5.1.1 Diaphragm
- 5.1.2 Piston/Plunger
- 5.1.3 Others
- 5.2 End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Pharmaceutical
- 5.2.2 Energy, Power, and Chemicals
- 5.2.3 Food & Beverage
- 5.2.4 Oil & Gas
- 5.2.5 Water & Wastewater Treatment
- 5.2.6 Others
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 South Korea
- 188.8.131.52 ASEAN Countries
- 184.108.40.206 Australia & New Zealand
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 18.104.22.168 United States
- 22.214.171.124 Canada
- 126.96.36.199 Mexico
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of North America
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 184.108.40.206 Germany
- 220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
- 18.104.22.168 Italy
- 22.214.171.124 France
- 126.96.36.199 Russia
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 184.108.40.206 Brazil
- 220.127.116.11 Argentina
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
- 126.96.36.199 South Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Cameron (Schlumberger)
- 6.4.2 Hunting PLC
- 6.4.3 Idex Corporation
- 6.4.4 ITC Dosing Pumps
- 6.4.5 Lewa GmbH
- 6.4.6 McFarland-Tritan LLC
- 6.4.7 Milton Roy
- 6.4.8 ProMinent
- 6.4.9 Seepex GmbH
- 6.4.10 Seko SpA
- 6.4.11 SkoFlo Industries Inc.
- 6.4.12 SPX FLOW Inc.
- 6.4.13 Swelore Engineering Pvt Ltd
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Growing Demand in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- 7.2 Development of Technologically Advanced Chemical Injection Systems