Product Code: 49290
The global gyroscopes market was valued at USD 2137.65 million in 2018, and is expected to reach a value of USD 2773.71 million by 2024, at a CAGR of 4.44%, during the forecast period 2019 - 2024. The gyroscope technology has witnessed huge amount of innovations in the last decade with the introduction of MEMS-based gyroscopes. The accuracy and efficiency of the gyroscopes have also improved as multi-axis gyroscopes are more accurate due to digital integration.
- Increasing demand for satisfactory performance of INS has influenced technological innovations in gyroscopes. The aviation industry, which is the key consumer of INS systems, has played a major role in the market growth and is expected to be a key driver for the global market.
- Rapidly growing adoption of drones and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in the defense and commercial sector has been identified to be a major driver in the market. Besides, technological innovations, as a result of increasing investments in the market, are ensuing in higher performance and lower costs. This is expanding the market for gyroscope systems in several industries, driving the growth of the market.
- However, increasing manufacturing complexity and costs involved in the industry are hampering the growth of the market as several industries.
Scope of the Report
Gyroscopes can be defined as sensors used for the measurement of orientation in several devices. Ever since their inception, gyroscopes have evolved considerably, aided by incremental innovations in technology. This has helped them to emerge as one of the most integral components in navigation systems. In terms of technology gyroscopes are divided as MEMS Gyroscope, Fibre Optic Gyroscope(FOG), Ring Laser Gyroscope (RLG), Hemispherical Resonator Gyroscope (HRG), Dynamically Tuned Gyroscope(DTG) & Other Technologies.
Key Market Trends
Aerospace & Defense is Expected to Hold a Significant Share
- Gyroscopes are basically critical rotation sensing elements which are used in navigation systems specifically for inertial navigation systems (INS), attention and heading reference systems (AHRS) or inertial measurement units (IMUs) for manned and unmanned aircraft, spacecraft, marine vehicles and surface vehicles.
- The ring laser gyro (RLG) helps in rotation measurement. Because of its affordable high performance inertial sensor with the electronics, power supply and sense element, it is easy-to-use this compact unit for aerospace and defense industry.
- A gyrometer as a inertial sensor measures angular rotations. Its vibratory technologies holds exceptional reliability and compactness which is mainly used to stabilize aiming lines on remotely controlled gun turrets and images, and also for avionics, integrated into the artificial horizons of military or civilian aircraft.
- In Canada, the demand for gyroplane aircraft is increasing due to the effective application of gyroscope. According to a report, in Canadian Civil Aircraft Registry, the IFR gyroscopes are being adopted in aerospace industry because of its effective applications.
- Across various other countries, aerospace and defense sectors are expected to signficantly contribute to the market growth.
Asia-Pacific Region to Witness a Significant Growth Rate
- Asia-Pacific is the only region to register a capacity growth in the oil and gas industry, in the recent years. About four new refineries were added in the region, which has added about 750,000 barrels per day, to the global crude oil production.
- For instance, in China, for oil and gas industry, certain kind of gyroscope has been designed for borehole drilling field which has the ability to overcome certain technical difficulties like, monitoring the operating temperature up to 100-degree centigrade. Mostly, inertial devices are more adaptable and better applied in the drilling field.
- Moreover, as Japan is well known as the manufacturing hub of the automobile industry, the new development plan for the driverless vehicle is giving rise to the adoption of gyroscopes.
- Further, the increased enforcement of regulations from countries, such as China, Japan, and South Korea, has encouraged companies to invest in different gyroscopes. Thus, end-user companies are willing to invest in the measurement of orientation in several devices monitoring system for their safety.
The gyroscopes market is fragmented. The rapid rise of unmanned vehicle and technological advancements provides lucrative opportunities in the gyroscopes market. Overall, the competitive rivalry among existing competitors is high. Moving forward, the innovation strategy of companies are boosting the demand of the market. Some of the key developments in the area are:
- April 2019 - STMicroelectronics N.V. introduced MEMS chip combines accelerometer with high-accuracy temperature sensor for superior precision. It helps to enhance temperature compensation, leveraging the sensor's superior accuracy, the accelerometer benefits from unprecedented flexibility with 65 different user modes that enable developers to optimize power consumption and noise to meet application-specific requirements.
- January 2019 - Honeywell launched its online buying and selling platform for new and used aircraft parts.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Rapid Rise of Unmanned Vehicle in Both Defense and Civilian Applications
- 4.3.2 Technological Advancements Enabling More Effective Components at a Smaller and Lighter Size
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 Substantial Increase in Complexity Challenging the Market Demand
- 4.5 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Technology
- 5.1.1 MEMS Gyroscope
- 5.1.2 Fibre Optic Gyroscope(FOG)
- 5.1.3 Ring Laser Gyroscope (RLG)
- 5.1.4 Ring Laser Gyroscope (RLG)
- 5.1.5 Hemispherical Resonating Gyroscope (HRG)
- 5.1.6 Dynamically Tuned Gyroscopes (DTG)
- 5.1.7 Other Technologies
- 5.2 By End-user Vertical
- 5.2.1 Consumer Electronics
- 5.2.2 Automotive
- 5.2.3 Aerospace & Defense
- 5.2.4 Industrial
- 5.2.5 Marine
- 5.2.6 Other End-user Verticals
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United States
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 188.8.131.52 Germany
- 184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
- 220.127.116.11 France
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 22.214.171.124 China
- 126.96.36.199 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 India
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 Rest of World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Murata Electronics Oy
- 6.1.2 STMicroelectronics N.V.
- 6.1.3 Honeywell International Inc.
- 6.1.4 Analog Devices, Inc.
- 6.1.5 Robert Bosch GmbH
- 6.1.6 MEMSIC, Inc.
- 6.1.7 Systron Donner Inertial
- 6.1.8 Trimble Navigation Ltd.
- 6.1.9 MicroStrain, Inc.
- 6.1.10 Vectornav Technologies LLC
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS