Product Code: 54221
The aerosol cans market was valued at USD 10.24 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 12.32 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 3.13% over the forecast period 2021 - 2026. Packaging has increased its value from just being aesthetics to the value creation to the product for storage, transportation, and ease of use. These cans are mostly made of aluminum or steel. They are an effective packaging solution that fits all the features of the execution during storage, transportation, and convenience to the consumer.
- Continuously improving consumer lifestyle is backing the demand from the personal care and cosmetic industry. Aerosol cans enable the application in 360 degrees and consume 25% less substance for the relative area coverage.
- Furthermore, the fast adaptation of spray paints in the automotive industry for personalization and maintenance purposes has created numerous opportunities for the growth of the aerosol cans market.
- Further, amidst the COVID-19 scenario, the possibility of airborne transmission in specific circumstances is expected to leverage the demand for aerosol can packaging. This is due to the advantage of convenience, and accurate dosing without spillage and airtight packaging provided by the aerosol cans eliminates the likelihood of contamination.
- Also, the current recycling trends showcase the use of recycled empty aerosols cans in the normal household waste packaging that enables an effective stream without causing a hazard. The FEA advocates due to empty aerosols in the recycling schemes. As a result, a large number of post-consumer aerosols have currently been recycled globally. Thereby fostering the growth of the market.
- Additionally, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in December 2019 added aerosol cans waste to universal waster program under the federal Resource Conversations and Recovery Act (RCRA) regulation. This relaxation active from February 2020 results in more straightforward standards and is said to leverage around 25,000 industrial facilities worldwide.
- However, after the ban on chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) in 1978 in the United States, the replacement propellants have achieved a significant reduction but still environmental damage. Hence the lack of quality organic aerosol propellants and increasing awareness regarding connections between toxic chemicals and health and also the uncertainty with disruption to supply chain in a certain market owing to COVID-19 situation is expected to restrict the market growth.
Key Market Trends
Personal Care to Hold the Largest Market Share
- The rising aging population, coupled with increased disposable income, contribute to the growth of the personal care sector across the world. Skincare and toiletries remain the most important product categories in Europe, followed by hair care and fragrances.
- The growing consumer's lifestyle and rise in disposable income enable more demand for personal care products, such as shower and shaving foams, sprays, and dry shampoos that bolster market developments. There is an increase in demand for recycled aerosol cans as it reduces the manufacturing cost for the company.
- The AEROBAL reported a 3.7% decline in global aerosol production with the production of 5.8 billion cans in 2019 compared to 6 billion in 2018. However, owing to properties of aluminum aerosol cans with their recyclability and high intrinsic value coupled with its track record in terms of sustainability and promising innovations such as new alloys, it is expected to play a strong role in global packaging market going forward.
Europe Emerging as a Prominent Market
- Europe, with developed economies, such as Germany and the United Kingdom, is anticipated to record stable growth over the forecast period. Focus on reducing packaging waste is expected to increase the growth of aerosol cans in Europe. Furthermore, cost-effectiveness and reducing wastage by increasing the shelf life of the product also boost the market.
- As the demand for aerosol cans is high in Europe, new players are emerging into the market, and such awards are encouraging them to sustain and innovate their product. The award won by the German aerosol can manufacturer Tubex for Nivea Body Mousse.
- Countries like Spain and Paris have responded positively to the changing trends in fashion and has embraced the aerosol packaging format. The constant gain in the personal care segment is majorly due to the consistent increase in the production of hair mousses, deodorants/antiperspirants, and shaving gels. This has shown steady growth over the years.
- Further, according to AEROBOL, despite the global 2.8% year-on-year drop in production of the aerosol cans owing to the generally weaker global economy in 2019, the European market for aerosol cans turned out to be a stabilizing factor. While other markets, including the Americas and Asia, suffered a more significant decline of 5.2%, 8.4% year-on-year decline, respectively. This instance showcases a positive outlook of the market in the region.
The aerosol cans market is highly consolidated with the presence of a few significant players in the market as the market is price sensitive, hence sustaining in the market is demanding. Further, vendors in the market are driven by sustainability and product enhancements to capture the market share.
- August 2019 -- Tubex Holding GmbH, a German aerosol can manufacturer, announced the launch of lightweight aluminum aerosol could spray designed for sustainability and recycling. The company collaborated with slug supplier Neuman Aluminum to co-develop patented slug that is aimed at reducing the weight of aluminum aerosol cans.
- Jan 2019 -- Ball Corporation introduced a new technology by launching its 360° custom shaped aerosol can at the ADF&PCD exhibition in Paris. This provides innovative shapes at every angle of the can, which will create customer attraction towards the shelf.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Growing Demand from the Cosmetic Industry
- 4.2.2 Increasing Adoption in Developing Nations
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 Increasing Competition from Substitute Packaging
- 4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.6 Assessment of COVID-19 impact on the industry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Material
- 5.1.1 Aluminium
- 5.1.2 Steel-Tinplate
- 5.1.3 Other Materials
- 5.2 By End-user Vertical
- 5.2.1 Cosmetic and Personal Care
- 5.2.2 Household
- 5.2.3 Pharmaceutical/Veterinary
- 5.2.4 Paints & Varnishes
- 5.2.5 Automotive/Industrial
- 5.2.6 Other End-user Industries
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia Pacific
- 5.3.4 Latin America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Ball Corporation
- 6.1.2 Crown Holdings Inc.
- 6.1.3 Nampak Ltd.
- 6.1.4 CCL Container (Hermitage), Inc.
- 6.1.5 Exal Corporation
- 6.1.6 Arminak & Associates LLC
- 6.1.7 Colep Scitra Aerosols
- 6.1.8 Spray Products Corporation
- 6.1.9 Mauser Packaging Solutions
- 6.1.10 DS Containers, Inc.
- 6.1.11 MidasCare Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
- 6.1.12 Tubex Holding GmbH
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS