Product Code: 55282
The global thermal spray equipment market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 6% during the forecast period.The growth is largely fueled by its extensive usage in the aerospace sector, in components, such as jet engine components, landing gear, and turbine blades, along with the rising demand from the medical devices industry.
- Some of the major drivers of the market studied are the rising demand from the aerospace and medical devices industries, increasing usage of thermal spray ceramic coatings, and evolution of the power generation sector in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Aerospace industry is expected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Replacement of hard chrome coatings is likely to act as opportunities in the future.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand from Aerospace Industry
- Thermal sprays equipment are largely employed for several purposes in jet engines components, such as crankshafts, piston rings, cylinders, valves, and so on.
- In addition to these, they are also applied in the coating of landing gear, in order to withstand the forces during landing and take-off.
- Thermal spray coatings systems are used for coating purposes in rocket combustion chambers, compressor air seals, and high-pressure nozzles, respectively.
- Coatings of chromium cobalt, aluminum oxide, and chromium carbide are employed in turbine air seals, fuel nozzles, and turbine vanes, respectively.
- Boeing led the aerospace industry in adapting and implementing the use of thermal spray equipment as an alternative for hard chromium plating on numerous structural components.
- All in all, there is a promising growth for the demand of thermal spray equipment in the aerospace industry, over the forecast period.
China to Dominate the Demand in Asia-Pacific Region
- The thermal spray equipment market in China is experiencing healthy growth, mirroring the manufacturing section of aerospace and automotive industry of the country.
- China is one of the largest producers of steel, and steel mills use thermal spray coatings for protection. In the steel industry, mainly coatings of processing rolls by HVOF, spray fusing, plasma spraying, and plasma-transferred arc overlaying welding are used.
- The Chinese aerospace policy represents one of the most comprehensive attempts to enter the top levels of aerospace development and production. China is expected to be the world's largest single-country market for civil aircraft sales in the next 20 years.
- According to the International Trade Administration, Boeing estimates that China will need to add more than 6,000 planes to its commercial fleet to meet the traffic demand.
- China has the second largest domestic aviation market in the world. It also has the world's fastest growing domestic aviation industry, with passenger traffic increasing at the rate of 6.6% per year.
- Therefore, the demand for thermal spray equipment is expected to increase significantly in the country in the upcoming years.
The global thermal spray equipment market is fragmented in nature. The major players of the market studied include, Oerlikon, Praxair S.T. Technology, Inc., Saint-Gobain, and Donaldson Company Inc., amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Rising Application in Aerospace Industry
- 4.1.2 Increasing Usage of Thermal Spray Coatings in Medical Devices
- 4.1.3 Rising Popularity of Thermal Spray Ceramic Coatings
- 4.1.4 Increasing Prominence of Plasma Spray Coatings
- 4.1.5 Evolution in Power Generation Sector in Asia-Pacific
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Issues Regarding Process Reliability and Consistency
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
- 4.5 Technological Snapshot
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Product Type
- 5.1.1 Thermal Spray Coating Systems
- 5.1.2 Dust Collection Equipment
- 5.1.3 Spray Guns and Nozzles
- 5.1.4 Feeder Equipment
- 5.1.5 Spare Parts
- 5.1.6 Noise-reducing Enclosures
- 5.1.7 Others
- 5.2 Process
- 5.2.1 Combustion
- 5.2.2 Electric Energy
- 5.3 End-user Industry
- 5.3.1 Aerospace
- 5.3.2 Industrial Gas Turbines
- 5.3.3 Automotive
- 5.3.4 Electronics
- 5.3.5 Oil and Gas
- 5.3.6 Medical Devices
- 5.3.7 Energy and Power
- 5.3.8 Others End-user Industries
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 South Korea
- 188.8.131.52 ASEAN Countries
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 220.127.116.11 United States
- 18.104.22.168 Canada
- 22.214.171.124 Mexico
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 Germany
- 188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
- 184.108.40.206 Italy
- 220.127.116.11 France
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 22.214.171.124 Brazil
- 126.96.36.199 Argentina
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
- 220.127.116.11 South Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Ranking Analysis
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Air Products & Chemicals Inc.
- 6.4.2 Artec SpA
- 6.4.3 Arzell Inc.
- 6.4.4 ASB Industries Inc.
- 6.4.5 Bay State Surface Technologies Inc. (Aimtek)
- 6.4.6 Camfil Air Pollution Control
- 6.4.7 Castolin Eutectic
- 6.4.8 Donaldson Company Inc.
- 6.4.9 Flame Spray Technologies BV
- 6.4.10 Thermion
- 6.4.11 GTV Verschleibschutz GmbH
- 6.4.12 HAI Inc.
- 6.4.13 Imperial Systems Inc.
- 6.4.14 Kennametal Inc.
- 6.4.15 Linde
- 6.4.16 CenterLine Holdings Inc. (Supersonic Spray Technologies)
- 6.4.17 Metallisation Ltd
- 6.4.18 Metallizing Equipment Co. Pvt. Ltd
- 6.4.19 OC Oerlikon Management AG
- 6.4.20 Plasma Powders & Systems Inc.
- 6.4.21 Powder Feed Dynamics Inc.
- 6.4.22 Progressive Surface
- 6.4.23 Saint-Gobain SA
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS