Product Code: SE 5393
Network Attached Storage (NAS) Market
with COVID-19 Impact Analysis, by Design (8 bays to 12 bays, More than 20 bays), Product (Enterprise, Midmarket), Storage Solution (Scale-up, Scale-out), Deployment Type, End-user Industry, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2025.
"Network attached storage (NAS) market is expected to grow at CAGR of 15.7% from 2020 to 2025"
The global NAS market is projected to grow from USD 23.2 billion in 2020 to USD 48.0 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 15.7%. The rapid adoption of 4G and 5G technologies is one of the key factors fueling the growth of this market.
"The market for NAS solutions with more than 20 bays is expected to grow at highest CAGR during forecast period"
The market for NAS solutions with more than 20 bays is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. These NAS systems have features such as high storage capacity, high performance, fast response, and data recovery; hence, these solutions are deployed in big industries, such as BFSI, manufacturing, large enterprises, and telecommunications and ITES where the data volumes are high and increasing on a regular basis.
"The midmarket NAS solutions held larger market share in 2019"
Midmarket NAS solutions held a larger market share in 2019, and a similar trend is likely to be observed in the near future. The increased use of smart devices such as smartphones and tablets led to the rise of digital media. Consumers use NAS systems for home surveillance solutions, backup systems, and media streaming devices. Moreover, midmarket NAS solutions are ideal and inexpensive solutions for small- and mid-sized businesses.
"NAS market for scale-out NAS solutions is expected to grow at higher CAGR during forecast period"
The market for scale-out NAS solutions is projected to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period. Scale-out is an improved technique used in NAS devices, enabling the expansion of the capacity based on the requirement of end-use applications. These are deployed in industries such as BFSI, healthcare, and government, wherein a large volume of data is generated and data security is of utmost importance.
"North America held largest share of NAS market in 2019"
In 2019, North America accounted for the largest share of the NAS market. The growth of the NAS market in North America can be attributed to the fact that the region is home to leading producers such as Dell Technologies Inc., NetApp, Inc., and HEWLETT PACKARD ENTERPRISE COMPANY (HPE), as well as major consumers such as Syracuse University, UNICOM Global, Tufts University, and Linn Benton Lincoln of NAS solutions.
Breakdown of Profiles of Primary Participants:
- By Company: Tier 1 - 25%, Tier 2 - 35%, and Tier 3 - 40%
- By Designation: C Level - 35%, Managers - 25%, and Others - 40%
- By Region: North America - 25%, Europe - 42%, APAC - 21%, and RoW - 11%
Major players profiled in this report:
- Dell Technologies Inc. (US)
- NetApp, Inc. (US)
- HEWLETT PACKARD ENTERPRISE COMPANY (HPE) (US)
- Hitachi, Ltd. (Japan)
- WESTERN DIGITAL CORPORATION (US)
- SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY PUBLIC LIMITED COMPANY (PLC) (US)
- NETGEAR, Inc. (US)
- Synology, Inc. (Taiwan)
- Buffalo Americas, Inc. (US)
- QNAP Systems, Inc. (Taiwan)
This report offers detailed insights into the NAS market based on design, product, storage solution, deployment type, end-user industry, and region. Based on design, the NAS has been segmented into 1 bay to 8 bays, 8 bays to 12 bays, 12 bays to 20 bays, and more than 20 bays. Based on product, the NAS market has been classified into enterprise NAS solutions and midmarket NAS solutions. Based on storage solution, the market has been segmented into scale-up and scale-out. Based on deployment type, the market has been segmented into on-premises, remote, and hybrid NAS solutions. Based on end-user industry, the market has been segmented into BFSI, consumer goods and retail, telecommunications and ITES, healthcare, energy, government, education and research, media and entertainment, manufacturing, business and consulting, and others (aerospace & defense, automotive, food processing, and logistics). The market has been studied for North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), and the Rest of the World (RoW).
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report is expected to help market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- 1. This report segments the NAS market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the overall size of the market, as well as its segments and subsegments.
- 2. The report is expected to help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them with information about key drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- 3. This report aims at helping stakeholders in obtaining an improved understanding of their competitors and gaining insights to enhance their position in the market. The competitive landscape section includes the competitor ecosystem of the market, as well as growth strategies such as product launches expansions, partnerships, contracts, collaborations, agreements, and acquisitions adopted by major market players
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 STUDY OBJECTIVES
- 1.2 MARKET DEFINITION AND SCOPE
- 1.2.1 INCLUSIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
- 1.3 SCOPE
- 1.3.1 MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2 YEARS CONSIDERED
- 1.4 CURRENCY
- 1.5 LIMITATIONS
- 1.6 MARKET STAKEHOLDERS
- 1.7 SUMMARY OF CHANGES
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1 SECONDARY DATA
- 188.8.131.52 Secondary sources
- 2.1.2 PRIMARY DATA
- 184.108.40.206 Primary sources
- 220.127.116.11 Key industry insights
- 18.104.22.168 Breakdown of primaries
- 2.2 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.2.1 BOTTOM-UP APPROACH
- 22.214.171.124 Approach for capturing market size using bottom-up analysis (demand side)
- 2.2.2 TOP-DOWN APPROACH
- 126.96.36.199 Approach for capturing market share using top-down analysis (supply side)
- 2.3 MARKET BREAKDOWN AND DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4 RESEARCH ASSUMPTIONS
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1 ATTRACTIVE GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES IN NAS MARKET
- 4.2 NAS MARKET, BY REGION
- 4.3 NAS MARKET, BY COUNTRY
- 4.4 NAS MARKET, BY DEPLOYMENT TYPE AND END-USER INDUSTRY
5 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1 DRIVERS
- 188.8.131.52 Government focus on digitization leading to massive growth in digital data
- 184.108.40.206 Increased use of smartphones, laptops, and tablets resulting in generation of large volumes of data
- 220.127.116.11 Rapid adoption of 4G and 5G technologies creating high-volume digital content
- 5.2.2 RESTRAINTS
- 18.104.22.168 Prime concern of data security when data is stored at remote location
- 5.2.3 OPPORTUNITIES
- 22.214.171.124 Increasing adoption of hybrid cloud storage raises demand for cutting-edge NAS solutions
- 126.96.36.199 Growing requirement for real-time data consistency creates demand for scale-out NAS devices
- 5.2.4 COVID-19-DRIVEN OPPORTUNITIES
- 188.8.131.52 Rapid spread of COVID-19 pandemic prompting industries to improve their IT infrastructure
- 5.2.5 CHALLENGES
- 184.108.40.206 Lack of proper infrastructure to secure and leverage data
- 220.127.116.11 High latency observed during connecting storage devices hampers overall efficiency of NAS devices
- 5.2.6 COVID-19-DRIVEN CHALLENGES
- 18.104.22.168 Anticipated shortage of skilled workforce in NAS manufacturing facilities due to ban on migration
- 5.3 VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS
- 5.4 CASE STUDY
- 5.4.1 INSTALLATION OF NAS SOLUTION OFFERED BY HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO., LTD. AT HAMAD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (HIA)(QATAR)
- 5.4.2 ADOPTION OF HEWLETT PACKARD ENTERPRISE'S BACKUP SOLUTION BY ORANGE SLOVENSKO (SLOVAKIA)
- 5.4.3 APPLICATION OF SCALE-OUT NAS SOLUTIONS OFFERED BY INFORTREND TECHNOLOGY IN MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY
- 5.4.4 IMPLEMENTATION OF BUFFALO AMERICAS' NAS SOLUTIONS IN ITCE SYSTEMHAUS GMBH
- 5.4.5 AVAILABILITY OF HYBRID CLOUD STORAGE SOLUTIONS OF INFORTREND TECHNOLOGY INC. FOR PHARMACEUTICALS INDUSTRY
6 NETWORK ATTACHED STORAGE MARKET, BY DESIGN
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION
- 6.2 COVID-19 IMPACT
- 6.3 1 BAY TO 8 BAYS
- 6.3.1 1-BAY TO 8-BAY NAS SOLUTIONS TO CONTINUE TO HOLD LARGEST MARKET SHARE FROM 2020 TO 2025
- 6.4 8 BAYS TO 12 BAYS
- 6.4.1 GROWING NUMBER OF ENTERPRISES TO SPUR GROWTH OF MARKET FOR 8-BAY TO 12-BAY NAS SOLUTIONS
- 6.5 12 BAYS TO 20 BAYS
- 6.5.1 RISING DEMAND FOR 12-BAY TO 20-BAY NAS SOLUTIONS BY LARGE ENTERPRISES TO DRIVE MARKET GROWTH
- 6.6 MORE THAN 20 BAYS
- 6.6.1 ESCALATING DEMAND FOR NAS SOLUTIONS WITH MORE THAN 20 BAYS DUE TO GENERATION OF LARGE VOLUMES OF DATA BY LARGE-SCALE BUSINESSES
7 NETWORK ATTACHED STORAGE MARKET, BY PRODUCT
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION
- 7.2 COVID-19 IMPACT
- 7.3 ENTERPRISE NAS SOLUTIONS
- 7.3.1 ENTERPRISE NAS SOLUTIONS TO WITNESS SIGNIFICANT DEMAND DUE TO INCREASED DIGITAL CONTENT WITH GROWING USE OF INTERNET
- 7.4 MIDMARKET NAS SOLUTIONS
- 7.4.1 MIDMARKET NAS SOLUTIONS HELD LARGER MARKET SHARE IN 2019
8 NETWORK ATTACHED STORAGE MARKET, BY STORAGE SOLUTION
- 8.1 INTRODUCTION
- 8.2 COVID-19 IMPACT
- 8.3 SCALE-UP NAS
- 8.3.1 SCALE-UP NAS SYSTEMS HELD LARGER MARKET SHARE IN 2019
- 8.4 SCALE-OUT NAS
- 8.4.1 SCALE-OUT NAS SOLUTIONS TO WITNESS HIGHER CAGR DURING FORECAST PERIOD
9 NETWORK ATTACHED STORAGE MARKET, BY DEPLOYMENT TYPE
- 9.1 INTRODUCTION
- 9.2 COVID-19 IMPACT
- 9.3 ON-PREMISES
- 9.3.1 ON-PREMISES SEGMENT TO CONTINUE TO ACCOUNT FOR LARGEST MARKET SHARE DURING FORECAST PERIOD
- 9.4 REMOTE
- 9.4.1 REMOTE DEPLOYMENT LOWERS COST OF OWNERSHIP
- 9.5 HYBRID
- 9.5.1 HYBRID DEPLOYMENT TO RECORD HIGHEST CAGR IN NAS MARKET FROM 2020 TO 2025
10 NETWORK ATTACHED STORAGE MARKET, BY END-USER INDUSTRY
- 10.1 INTRODUCTION
- 10.2 COVID-19 IMPACT
- 10.3 BANKING, FINANCIAL SERVICES, AND INSURANCE (BFSI)
- 10.3.1 RISE IN DEPLOYMENT OF NAS SYSTEMS DUE TO INCREASE IN DATA BREACHES
- 10.4 CONSUMER GOODS AND RETAIL
- 10.4.1 HIGH REQUIREMENT FOR NAS SOLUTIONS OWING TO RAPIDLY GROWING RETAIL AND E-COMMERCE INDUSTRIES
- 10.5 TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND ITES
- 10.5.1 GROWTH OF NAS MARKET PROPELLED BY RAPID DIGITAL CONTENT CREATION
- 10.6 HEALTHCARE
- 10.6.1 RISE IN DEMAND FOR NAS SOLUTIONS WITH HIGH-POWER ANALYTICS, DISTANT DATA SHARING, ADVANCED MEDICAL RESEARCH, AND TELEMEDICINE REQUIREMENTS OF HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY
- 10.7 ENERGY
- 10.7.1 INCREASED DEPLOYMENT OF NAS SOLUTIONS TO ENSURE HIGH-SPEED DATA TRANSFER
- 10.8 GOVERNMENT
- 10.8.1 HIGH DEMAND FOR NAS SYSTEMS DUE TO RISING NEED FOR ROBUST, SECURE, CHEAPER, STORAGE INFRASTRUCTURE
- 10.9 EDUCATION AND RESEARCH
- 10.9.1 RISE IN NEED FOR NAS TO ENSURE EASY AND SECURE ACCESS TO RESEARCH DOCUMENTS, PRESENTATIONS, PROJECT FILES FROM MULTIPLE LOCATIONS
- 10.10 MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT
- 10.10.1 INCREASED ADOPTION OF NAS SOLUTIONS FOR SMOOTH CONTENT DELIVERY
- 10.11 MANUFACTURING
- 10.11.1 ENHANCED CAPABILITY OF ADVANCED NAS SOLUTIONS TO TRACK HISTORICAL DATA RELATED TO MANUFACTURING AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- 10.12 BUSINESS AND CONSULTING
- 10.12.1 RISE IN INSTALLATION OF NAS SYSTEMS TO PROTECT DATA FROM UNAUTHORIZED ENTITIES
- 10.13 OTHERS
11 ESSENTIAL COMPONENTS OF NETWORK ATTACHED STORAGE SOLUTION
- 11.1 INTRODUCTION
- 11.2 HARDWARE
- 11.3 SOFTWARE
12 NETWORK ATTACHED STORAGE MARKET, BY REGION
- 12.1 INTRODUCTION
- 12.2 COVID-19 IMPACT
- 12.3 NORTH AMERICA
- 12.3.1 US
- 22.214.171.124 US held largest share of NAS market in North America in 2019
- 12.3.2 CANADA
- 126.96.36.199 Presence of research institutes and data centers would boost market growth
- 12.3.3 MEXICO
- 188.8.131.52 Favorable government policies to promote manufacturing activities spur growth of NAS market
- 12.4 EUROPE
- 12.4.1 UK
- 184.108.40.206 High demand for hybrid storage solutions in BFSI, retail, and telecom to propel growth of NAS market
- 12.4.2 GERMANY
- 220.127.116.11 Technological developments in automotive industry leading to increase in unstructured data volumes
- 12.4.3 FRANCE
- 18.104.22.168 Capability of NAS solutions to quickly and effectively address technological challenges propelling market growth
- 12.4.4 REST OF EUROPE
- 12.5 APAC
- 12.5.1 CHINA
- 22.214.171.124 Enterprises and manufacturing industry demand efficient NAS solutions
- 12.5.2 JAPAN
- 126.96.36.199 Easy availability of technologically advanced data storage solutions driving growth of NAS market
- 12.5.3 INDIA
- 188.8.131.52 Government initiatives toward IT infrastructure development generating demand for NAS solutions
- 12.5.4 SOUTH KOREA
- 184.108.40.206 Adoption of fast-response and high-performance hybrid NAS gaining momentum
- 12.5.5 REST OF APAC
- 12.6 ROW
- 12.6.1 MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA
- 220.127.116.11 Middle East and Africa to continue to account for larger share of NAS market in RoW during forecast period
- 12.6.2 SOUTH AMERICA
- 18.104.22.168 South America to witness higher CAGR than MEA in NAS market during forecast period
13 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 13.1 INTRODUCTION
- 13.2 MARKET RANKING ANALYSIS OF PLAYERS IN NAS MARKET, 2019
- 13.3 REVENUE ANALYSIS OF TOP 5 MARKET PLAYERS
- 13.4 COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING
- 13.4.1 VISIONARY LEADERS
- 13.4.2 DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 13.4.3 INNOVATORS
- 13.4.4 EMERGING COMPANIES
- 13.5 COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
- 13.5.1 PRODUCT LAUNCHES
- 13.5.2 EXPANSIONS
- 13.5.3 PARTNERSHIPS, CONTRACTS, COLLABORATIONS, AND AGREEMENTS
- 13.5.4 ACQUISITIONS
14 COMPANY PROFILES
- 14.1 INTRODUCTION (Business Overview, Products/Solutions/Services Offered, Recent Developments, COVID-19: Company-specific developments, SWOT Analysis, and MnM View)*
- 14.2 KEY PLAYERS
- 14.2.1 DELL TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- 14.2.2 NETAPP, INC.
- 14.2.3 HEWLETT PACKARD ENTERPRISE COMPANY (HPE)
- 14.2.4 HITACHI, LTD.
- 14.2.5 WESTERN DIGITAL CORPORATION
- 14.2.6 SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY PUBLIC LIMITED COMPANY (PLC)
- 14.2.7 NETGEAR, INC.
- 14.2.8 SYNOLOGY, INC.
- 14.2.9 BUFFALO AMERICAS, INC.
- 14.2.10 QNAP SYSTEMS INC.
- 14.3 RIGHT TO WIN
- 14.4 OTHER KEY PLAYERS
- 14.4.1 DROBO, INC.
- 14.4.2 ASUSTOR INC.
- 14.4.3 IBM
- 14.4.4 HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO., LTD.
- 14.4.5 MICROSOFT
- 14.4.6 CISCO SYSTEMS, INC.
- 14.4.7 D-LINK CORPORATION
- 14.4.8 THECUS TECHNOLOGY CORP.
- 14.4.9 INFORTREND TECHNOLOGY INC.
- 14.4.10 PANASAS
- 14.4.11 SOFTNAS, INC.
- 14.4.12 NASUNI CORPORATION
*Details on Business Overview, Products/Solutions/Services Offered, Recent Developments, COVID-19: Company-specific developments, SWOT Analysis, and MnM View might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 15.1 DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 15.2 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 15.3 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 15.4 RELATED REPORTS
- 15.5 AUTHOR DETAILS