Product Code: SE 3950
"Piezoelectric devices market is expected to grow at CAGR of 3.7% from 2020 to 2025"
The global piezoelectric devices market is estimated to grow from USD 28.9 billion in 2020 to USD 34.7 billion by 2025; at a CAGR of 3.7%. Increasing adoption of piezoelectric energy harvesting technology is one of the factors driving the growth of this market.
"Market for piezoelectric generators is expected to grow at highest CAGR during forecast period"
Among products, the market for piezoelectric generators is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Piezoelectric generators are used in various portable medical devices that monitor blood sugar, medication, and vital signs. The increasing demand for these generators in consumer electronic devices is expected to accelerate the growth of the piezoelectric devices market in the near future.
" Market for piezoelectric polymers is expected to grow at highest CAGR during forecast period"
Among materials, the market for piezoelectric polymers is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth is attributed to their various features such as broad resonance bandwidth, low acoustic impedance, low fabrication cost, lightweight, fast processing; and their adoptions in healthcare applications.
"Aerospace & defense application accounted for largest market share in 2019"
The aerospace & defense application held the largest share of the piezoelectric devices market in 2019. This is attributed to the increasing adoption of piezoelectric-device based products such as sensors, actuators, and motors for aerospace & defense applications. Piezoelectric actuators are mainly being used in different parts of aircraft for damping undesirable vibrations. The reduction of sound levels in helicopters has drawn a lot of interest, however, the technology is also applied in planes, wind turbines, motors, machine tools, and laboratory tables.
"Europe to hold second-largest share of piezoelectric devices market during in 2025"
Europe is the second-largest market for piezoelectric devices, owing to the presence of lucrative automotive, healthcare, and industrial & manufacturing verticals in the region. Moreover, Europe is home to huge players in the piezoelectric devices market such as Physik Instrumente (PI) GmbH & Co. KG (Karlsruhe, Germany), CeramTec GmbH (Plochingen, Germany), and piezosystem jena GmbH (Jena, Germany). These players are considered as trendsetters in this market by developing innovative piezoelectric-based products and devices, which are used in multiple application areas.
Breakdown of Profiles of Primary Participants:
- By Company: Tier 1 - 20%, Tier 2 - 35%, and Tier 3 - 45%
- By Designation: C Level - 40%, Managers - 24%, Others - 36%
- By Region: North America - 25%, Europe - 42%, APAC - 21%, RoW - 12%
Major players profiled in this report:
- L3HARRIS TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- CeramTec GmbH
- CTS CORPORATION
- Physik Instrumente (PI) GmbH & Co. KG.
- APC International, Ltd.
- piezosystem jena GmbH
- Piezo Technologies
- Kistler Group
- Aerotech Inc
- Mad City Labs, Inc
This report offers detailed insights into the piezoelectric devices market based on material, product, application, and region. Based on material, the piezoelectric devices market has been segmented into piezoelectric-ceramics, crystals, polymers, and composites. Based on product, the market has been divided into piezoelectric-actuators, sensors, motors, transducers, generators, and others. Based on application, the piezoelectric devices market has been classified into aerospace & defense, industrial and manufacturing, automotive, healthcare, information and communication, consumer electronics, and others. The market has been studied for North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), and the Rest of the World (RoW).
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report is expected to help market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- 1. This report segments the piezoelectric devices market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the overall size of the market, as well as its segments and subsegments.
- 2. The report is expected to help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them with information about key drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- 3. This report aims at helping stakeholders in obtaining an improved understanding of their competitors and gaining insights to enhance their position in the market. The competitive landscape section includes the competitor ecosystem of the market, as well as growth strategies such as product launches and developments, expansions, partnerships, collaborations, contracts, and mergers & acquisitions adopted by major market players.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 STUDY OBJECTIVES
- 1.2 MARKET DEFINITION & SCOPE
- 1.2.1 INCLUSIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
- 1.3 SCOPE
- 1.3.1 MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2 YEARS CONSIDERED
- 1.4 CURRENCY
- 1.5 LIMITATIONS
- 1.6 STAKEHOLDERS
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1 SECONDARY DATA
- 126.96.36.199 Secondary sources
- 2.1.2 PRIMARY DATA
- 188.8.131.52 Primary sources
- 184.108.40.206 Key industry insights
- 220.127.116.11 Breakdown of primaries
- 2.2 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.2.1 BOTTOM-UP APPROACH
- 18.104.22.168 Approach for capturing market size by bottom-up analysis (demand side)
- 2.2.2 TOP-DOWN APPROACH
- 22.214.171.124 Approach for capturing market share by top-down analysis (supply side)
- 2.3 MARKET BREAKDOWN AND DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4 RESEARCH ASSUMPTIONS
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1 ATTRACTIVE GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES IN PIEZOELECTRIC DEVICES MARKET
- 4.2 PIEZOELECTRIC DEVICES MARKET, BY PRODUCT AND APPLICATION
- 4.3 PIEZOELECTRIC DEVICES MARKET, BY COUNTRY
- 4.4 PIEZOELECTRIC DEVICES MARKET, BY REGION
5 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1 DRIVERS
- 126.96.36.199 Rising demand for piezoelectric devices in aerospace & defense application
- 188.8.131.52 Increasing adoption of piezoelectric energy harvesting technology
- 184.108.40.206 Growing R&D investments by companies & research universities for innovative piezo solutions
- 5.2.2 RESTRAINTS
- 220.127.116.11 Compulsion on adoption of lead-free piezoelectric materials
- 5.2.3 OPPORTUNITIES
- 18.104.22.168 Increasing use of polymer-based piezoelectric sensors in various healthcare applications
- 22.214.171.124 Rising utilization of piezoelectric devices to predict natural disasters
- 126.96.36.199 Ongoing advancements in piezoelectric motion technology
- 5.2.4 CHALLENGES
- 188.8.131.52 Rapid technological changes
- 5.3 VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS
6 PIEZOELECTRIC DEVICES MARKET, BY PRODUCT
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION
- 6.2 PIEZOELECTRIC SENSORS
- 6.2.1 PIEZOELECTRIC SENSORS ARE USED IN STRUCTURAL AND VEHICLE DYNAMICS, AND LOW-POWER APPLICATIONS
- 6.3 PIEZOELECTRIC ACTUATORS
- 6.3.1 PIEZOELECTRIC ACTUATORS PLAY SIGNIFICANT ROLE IN AEROSPACE & DEFENSE AND HEALTHCARE APPLICATIONS
- 184.108.40.206 Stack actuators
- 220.127.116.11 Stripe actuators
- 18.104.22.168 Shear actuators
- 22.214.171.124 Tube actuators
- 6.4 PIEZOELECTRIC MOTORS
- 6.4.1 PIEZOELECTRIC MOTORS ARE HIGHLY EFFICIENT AND PROVIDE GREATER FORCE AND TORQUE
- 6.5 PIEZOELECTRIC GENERATORS
- 6.5.1 PIEZOELECTRIC GENERATORS ARE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING HIGH-VOLTAGE OUTPUTS AND LOW ELECTRICAL CURRENTS
- 126.96.36.199 Single-layer piezoelectric generators
- 188.8.131.52 Multilayer piezoelectric generators
- 6.6 PIEZOELECTRIC TRANSDUCERS
- 6.6.1 PIEZOELECTRIC TRANSDUCERS OFFER COMBINED PROPERTIES OF SENSORS AND ACTUATORS
- 6.7 OTHERS
- 6.7.1 PIEZOELECTRIC TRANSFORMERS AND RESONATORS ARE USED IN CONSUMER ELECTRONIC DEVICES
7 PIEZOELECTRIC DEVICES MARKET, BY MATERIAL
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION
- 7.2 PIEZOELECTRIC CRYSTALS
- 7.2.1 PIEZOELECTRIC CRYSTALS ARE OLDEST PIEZOELECTRIC MATERIALS
- 7.3 PIEZOELECTRIC CERAMICS
- 7.3.1 PIEZOELECTRIC CERAMICS ARE EXPECTED TO CONTINUE TO HOLD LARGEST MARKET SIZE DURING 2019-2025
- 184.108.40.206 Soft ceramics
- 220.127.116.11 Hard ceramics
- 7.4 PIEZOELECTRIC POLYMERS
- 7.4.1 MARKET FOR PIEZOELECTRIC POLYMERS IS EXPECTED TO GROW AT HIGHEST CAGR DURING FORECAST PERIOD
- 7.5 PIEZOELECTRIC COMPOSITES
- 7.5.1 PIEZOELECTRIC COMPOSITES ARE MOSTLY USED FOR UNDERWATER AND MEDICAL DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATIONS
8 PIEZOELECTRIC DEVICES MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 8.1 INTRODUCTION
- 8.2 AEROSPACE & DEFENSE
- 8.2.1 INCREASING ADOPTION OF PIEZOELECTRIC DEVICES TO DELIVER HIGH PRECISION AND RELIABILITY
- 8.3 INDUSTRIAL & MANUFACTURING
- 8.3.1 RISING USE OF PIEZOELECTRIC DEVICES TO MEASURE PHYSICAL VARIABLES IN INDUSTRIAL & MANUFACTURING APPLICATIONS
- 8.4 AUTOMOTIVE
- 8.4.1 GROWING UTILIZATION OF PIEZOELECTRIC DEVICES TO ENSURE VEHICLE AND DRIVER SAFETY AS WELL AS EFFICIENCY
- 8.5 HEALTHCARE
- 8.5.1 RISING IMPLEMENTATION OF PIEZOELECTRIC DEVICES IN IMAGING, DIAGNOSTIC, AND SURGICAL APPLICATIONS
- 18.104.22.168 Imaging devices
- 22.214.171.124 Diagnostic equipment
- 126.96.36.199 Surgical tools
- 8.6 INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION
- 8.6.1 GROWING EVOLUTION OF 4G AND 5G HAS AROUSED DEVELOPMENT OF ADVANCED PIEZOELECTRIC DEVICES
- 8.7 CONSUMER ELECTRONICS
- 8.7.1 REDUCING SIZE OF ELECTRONIC DEVICES HAS INCREASED DEMAND FOR SELF-POWERED DEVICES
- 188.8.131.52 Wearable devices
- 184.108.40.206 Electronic devices
- 8.8 OTHERS
- 8.8.1 INCREASING USE OF PIEZOELECTRIC ELEMENTS AND MATERIALS FOR GENERATING ELECTRICAL ENERGY
9 PIEZOELECTRIC ELEMENTS
- 9.1 INTRODUCTION
- 9.2 PIEZOELECTRIC DISCS
- 9.2.1 PIEZOELECTRIC DISCS REGISTERED LARGEST SHARE OF MARKET IN 2019
- 9.3 PIEZOELECTRIC RINGS
- 9.3.1 PIEZOELECTRIC RING-BASED DEVICES ARE HIGHLY ADOPTED IN HEALTHCARE APPLICATIONS
- 9.4 PIEZOELECTRIC PLATES
- 9.4.1 PIEZOELECTRIC PLATE-BASED DEVICES ARE USED TO MEASURE ACCELERATION, FORCE, PRESSURE, AND STRAIN
10 OPERATION MODES OF PIEZOELECTRIC DEVICES
- 10.1 INTRODUCTION
- 10.2 DIRECT PIEZOELECTRIC EFFECT
- 10.3 CONVERSE PIEZOELECTRIC EFFECT
11 GEOGRAPHIC ANALYSIS
- 11.1 INTRODUCTION
- 11.2 NORTH AMERICA
- 11.2.1 US
- 220.127.116.11 Presence of piezoelectric device manufacturing companies to boost market growth in US
- 11.2.2 CANADA
- 18.104.22.168 Investment in R&D of piezoelectric devices by government and non-government organizations to spur growth of market in Canada
- 11.2.3 MEXICO
- 22.214.171.124 Increase in number of distributors in Mexico to propel market growth
- 11.3 EUROPE
- 11.3.1 GERMANY
- 126.96.36.199 Market for piezoelectric devices in Germany to grow at highest CAGR during forecast period
- 11.3.2 FRANCE
- 188.8.131.52 Presence of automobile manufacturers in France to spur growth of piezoelectric devices market
- 11.3.3 UK
- 184.108.40.206 Robust economy and significant funding from public and private firms responsible for growth of market
- 11.3.4 ITALY
- 220.127.116.11 Initiatives taken by government to propel growth of market in Italy
- 11.3.5 REST OF EUROPE
- 18.104.22.168 Presence of piezoelectric device distributors to drive growth of market in Rest of Europe
- 11.4 APAC
- 11.4.1 JAPAN
- 22.214.171.124 Research and development activities in piezoelectric materials lead to increase in demand for piezoelectric devices in Japan
- 11.4.2 CHINA
- 126.96.36.199 Mass production of piezoelectric devices drives Chinese market growth
- 11.4.3 SOUTH KOREA
- 188.8.131.52 Presence of different universities and research institutes that employ piezoelectric technology spur growth of market in South Korea
- 11.4.4 REST OF APAC
- 184.108.40.206 Economic growth and favorable market conditions fuel growth of market in Rest of APAC
- 11.5 ROW
- 11.5.1 MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 220.127.116.11 Ongoing and upcoming oil and gas projects support growth of market
- 11.5.2 SOUTH AMERICA
- 18.104.22.168 Increasing demand for piezoelectric devices in healthcare applications creates opportunity for growth of market
12 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 12.1 INTRODUCTION
- 12.2 MARKET RANKING ANALYSIS OF PLAYERS IN PIEZOELECTRIC DEVICES MARKET, 2019
- 12.3 COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING
- 12.3.1 VISIONARY LEADERS
- 12.3.2 DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 12.3.3 INNOVATORS
- 12.3.4 EMERGING COMPANIES
- 12.4 COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
- 12.4.1 PRODUCT LAUNCHES AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- 12.4.2 EXPANSIONS
- 12.4.3 PARTNERSHIPS, COLLABORATIONS, AND CONTRACTS
- 12.4.4 MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
13 COMPANY PROFILES
(Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, and MnM View)*
- 13.1 INTRODUCTION
- 13.2 KEY PLAYERS
- 13.2.1 L3HARRIS TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- 13.2.2 CERAMTEC GMBH
- 13.2.3 CTS CORPORATION
- 13.2.4 PHYSIK INSTRUMENTE (PI) GMBH & CO. KG.
- 13.2.5 APC INTERNATIONAL, LTD.
- 13.2.6 PIEZOSYSTEM JENA GMBH
- 13.2.7 PIEZO TECHNOLOGIES
- 13.2.8 KISTLER GROUP
- 13.2.9 AEROTECH INC.
- 13.2.10 MAD CITY LABS, INC.
- 13.3 RIGHT TO WIN
- 13.4 OTHER KEY PLAYERS
- 13.4.1 MIDE TECHNOLOGY CORP.
- 13.4.2 OMEGA PIEZO TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- 13.4.3 PCB PIEZOTRONICS, INC.
- 13.4.4 CEDRAT TECHNOLOGIES
- 13.4.5 PIEZOMOTOR
- 13.4.6 PIEZOMECHANIK DR. LUTZ PICKELMANN GMBH
- 13.4.7 DYTRAN INSTRUMENTS INCORPORATED.
- 13.4.8 PIEZO SOLUTIONS
- 13.4.9 ELPA
- 13.4.10 KINETIC CERAMICS
- 13.4.11 JOHNSON MATTHEY PIEZO PRODUCTS GMBH
Details on Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, and MnM View might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 14.1 DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 14.2 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 14.3 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 14.4 RELATED REPORTS
- 14.5 AUTHOR DETAILS