Product Code: MD 7508
The global animal/veterinary ultrasound market size is projected to reach USD 448 million by 2025 from USD 338 million in 2020, at a CAGR of 5.8%. The market is driven by the growth in the companion animal population, rising demand for pet insurance, and increase in the number of veterinary practitioners in developed economies. However, the high cost of instruments and procedures are expected to restrain market growth to a certain extent.
Obstetrics/Gynecology is the fastest-growing application segment during the forecast period
Based on application, the animal/veterinary ultrasound market is segmented into obstetrics/gynecology, cardiology, orthopedics and others. The obstetrics/gynecology segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period, primarily due to the large volume of pregnancy tests performed.
Veterinary Clinics dominate the animal/veterinary ultrasound market, by end user during the forecast period
Based on end user, the market is segmented into veterinary clinics, veterinary hospitals and acdemic institutes and others. The veterinary clinics segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Veterinary clinics are the primary point of contact for pet owners, making them a significant driver in this market.
Asia Pacific market to witness the highest growth during the forecast period
Asia Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period (2020 to 2025), owing to factors such as rise in demand for pet insurance, increasing pet healthcare expenditure, growing population of food-producing animals and the need for animal-derived food products, rising awareness of zoonotic animals, and the growing number of veterinary hospitals and clinics in this region.
Breakdown of primary participants is as mentioned below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1: 22%, Tier 2: 36%, and Tier 3: 42%
- By Designation: C-level: 13%, Director-level: 17%, and Others: 70%
- By Region: North America: 28%, Europe: 20%, Asia Pacific: 32%, Middle East and Africa: 12%, and South America: 8%
Prominent players in the animal/veterinary ultrasound market are: GE Healthcare (US), Heska Corporation (US), Siemens AG (Germany), FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation (Japan), Esaote SpA (Italy), Mindray Medical International, Ltd. (China), Samsung Medison Co., Ltd. (Korea), Diagnostic Imaging Systems Inc. (US), IMV imaging (Scotland) and Shenzhen Ricso Technology Co., Ltd. (China)
The report analyzes the animal/veterinary ultrasound market and aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of this market based on various segments, such as type, product, application, animal, end user, technology and region. It also covers competitive leadership mapping, which helps in analyzing the position of key market players as visionary leaders, innovators, dynamic players, and emerging players. The report also provides a competitive analysis of the key players in this market, along with their company profiles, product offerings, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn would help them to garner a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use one or a combination of the below-mentioned strategies to strengthen their position in the market.
This report provides insights into the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios offered by the top players in the global animal/veterinary ultrasound market. The report analyzes this market by type, product, application, animal, end user, technology and region.
- Product Enhancement/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming trends and service launches in the global animal/veterinary ultrasound market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information on the lucrative emerging markets by type, product, application, animal, end user, technology and region.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new technologies, growing geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global animal/veterinary ultrasound market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, service offerings, and capabilities of leading players in the global animal/veterinary ultrasound market.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2 MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.2.1 MARKETS COVERED
- 1.2.2 YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.3 CURRENCY
- 1.4 LIMITATIONS
- 1.5 STAKEHOLDERS
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 RESEARCH APPROACH
- 2.1.1 SECONDARY SOURCES
- 220.127.116.11 Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2 PRIMARY SOURCES
- 18.104.22.168 Key data from primary sources
- 2.2 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.3 MARKET BREAKDOWN AND DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4 DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.5 MARKET SHARE ESTIMATION
- 2.6 ASSUMPTIONS FOR THE STUDY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1 VETERINARY ULTRASOUND MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.2 ASIA PACIFIC: VETERINARY ULTRASOUND MARKET, BY TECHNOLOGY & COUNTRY (2019)
- 4.3 VETERINARY ULTRASOUND MARKET: REGIONAL MIX
- 4.4 VETERINARY ULTRASOUND MARKET: DEVELOPED VS. DEVELOPING COUNTRIES
- 4.5 VETERINARY ULTRASOUND MARKET: GEOGRAPHIC GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
5 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1 DRIVERS
- 22.214.171.124 Growing companion animal population
- 126.96.36.199 Growing number of veterinary practitioners in developed economies
- 188.8.131.52 Technological advancements
- 184.108.40.206 Rising demand for pet insurance and increasing pet care expenditure
- 5.2.2 RESTRAINTS
- 220.127.116.11 High cost of instruments and procedures
- 5.2.3 OPPORTUNITIES
- 18.104.22.168 Untapped emerging markets
- 5.2.4 CHALLENGES
- 22.214.171.124 Low animal health awareness in developing countries
- 126.96.36.199 Shortage of trained professionals
6 VETERINARY ULTRASOUND MARKET, BY PRODUCT
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION
- 6.2 CART-BASED ULTRASOUND SCANNERS
- 6.2.1 THE POPULARITY OF CART-BASED SCANNERS IS EXPECTED TO DECLINE DUE TO THE ADVENT OF COMPACT/HANDHELD SCANNERS
- 6.3 COMPACT/HANDHELD ULTRASOUND SCANNERS
- 6.3.1 TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENTS & INCREASING DEMAND FOR POINT-OF-CARE DIAGNOSTICS TO DRIVE MARKET GROWTH
7 VETERINARY ULTRASOUND MARKET, BY TYPE
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION
- 7.2 2D ULTRASOUND
- 7.2.1 2D ULTRASOUND SEGMENT TO ACCOUNT FOR THE LARGEST SHARE OF THE VETERINARY ULTRASOUND MARKET IN 2019
- 7.3 DOPPLER ULTRASOUND
- 7.3.1 COLOR DOPPLER IS WIDELY USED IN VETERINARY SONOGRAPHY EVALUATIONS-A KEY FACTOR DRIVING GROWTH
- 7.4 3D/4D ULTRASOUND
- 7.4.1 3D/4D ULTRASOUND SEGMENT IS EXPECTED TO GROW AT THE HIGHEST CAGR DURING THE FORECAST PERIOD
8 VETERINARY ULTRASOUND MARKET, BY TECHNOLOGY
- 8.1 INTRODUCTION
- 8.2 DIGITAL IMAGING
- 8.2.1 DIGITAL IMAGING TO ACCOUNT FOR THE LARGEST SHARE OF THE MARKET IN 2019
- 8.3 CONTRAST IMAGING
- 8.3.1 MAJOR CLINICAL INDICATIONS OF CONTRAST IMAGING INCLUDE M-MODE IMAGING AND MYOCARDIAL PERFUSION
9 VETERINARY ULTRASOUND MARKET, BY ANIMAL TYPE
- 9.1 INTRODUCTION
- 9.2 SMALL COMPANION ANIMALS
- 9.2.1 RISING PET POPULATION AND GROWING PET CARE EXPENDITURE ARE FACTORS DRIVING THE GROWTH OF THIS SEGMENT
- 9.3 LARGE ANIMALS
- 9.3.1 DEVELOPMENT OF PORTABLE ULTRASOUND SCANNERS HAS IMPROVED DIAGNOSTIC REPRODUCTIVE MANAGEMENT IN LARGE ANIMALS
- 9.4 OTHER ANIMALS
10 VETERINARY ULTRASOUND MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 10.1 INTRODUCTION
- 10.2 OBSTETRICS & GYNECOLOGY
- 10.2.1 OBSTETRICS & GYNECOLOGY TO ACCOUNT FOR THE LARGEST SHARE OF THE MARKET IN 2019
- 10.3 CARDIOLOGY
- 10.3.1 INCREASING PREVALENCE OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES IN DOGS AND CATS TO DRIVE THE GROWTH OF THIS SEGMENT
- 10.4 ORTHOPEDICS
- 10.4.1 ULTRASOUND IS ROUTINELY USED FOR ORTHOPEDIC IMAGING IN HORSES
- 10.5 OTHER APPLICATIONS
11 VETERINARY ULTRASOUND MARKET, BY END USER
- 11.1 INTRODUCTION
- 11.2 VETERINARY CLINICS
- 11.2.1 VETERINARY CLINICS SEGMENT TO ACCOUNT FOR THE LARGEST SHARE OF THE MARKET IN 2019
- 11.3 VETERINARY HOSPITALS & ACADEMIC INSTITUTES
- 11.3.1 VETERINARY HOSPITALS PROVIDE VETERINARY ULTRASOUND ON A LARGER SCALE THAN CLINICS-A KEY FACTOR DRIVING GROWTH
- 11.4 OTHER END USERS
12 VETERINARY ULTRASOUND MARKET, BY REGION
- 12.1 INTRODUCTION
- 12.2 NORTH AMERICA
- 12.2.1 US
- 188.8.131.52 Large companion animal population and growing pet expenditure are responsible for the high market share of the US
- 12.2.2 CANADA
- 184.108.40.206 Pet adoption in Canada has witnessed only a marginal increase, which is why the market in Canada is significantly smaller than the US
- 12.3 EUROPE
- 12.3.1 GERMANY
- 220.127.116.11 Germany accounts for the largest share of the veterinary ultrasound market in Europe
- 12.3.2 UK
- 18.104.22.168 Corporatization of veterinary practices is expected to result in greater purchases of veterinary equipment in the UK
- 12.3.3 FRANCE
- 22.214.171.124 Growing companion and livestock populations will support the growth of the market in France
- 12.3.4 ITALY
- 126.96.36.199 Increasing livestock population and growing awareness of animal health will generate high demand for ultrasound scanners
- 12.3.5 SPAIN
- 188.8.131.52 Increasing animal health expenditure is a major factor driving market growth
- 12.3.6 REST OF EUROPE
- 12.4 ASIA PACIFIC
- 12.4.1 CHINA
- 184.108.40.206 China dominates the APAC veterinary ultrasound market
- 12.4.2 JAPAN
- 220.127.116.11 Rising pet health expenditure will drive the usage of ultrasound in the country
- 12.4.3 INDIA
- 18.104.22.168 Rising livestock animal population and growing awareness will contribute to market growth in India
- 12.4.4 REST OF ASIA PACIFIC
- 12.5 LATIN AMERICA
- 12.5.1 BRAZIL
- 22.214.171.124 Brazil accounts for the largest share of the LATAM market
- 12.5.2 MEXICO
- 126.96.36.199 Rising demand for animal-derived food products will contribute to market growth in Mexico
- 12.5.3 REST OF LATIN AMERICA
- 12.6 MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 12.6.1 GROWING LIVESTOCK INDUSTRY IS EXPECTED TO CONTRIBUTE TO MARKET GROWTH IN THIS REGION
13 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 13.1 OVERVIEW
- 13.2 GROWTH STRATEGY MATRIX (2017-2019)
- 13.3 MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS
- 13.3.1 MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS: VETERINARY ULTRASOUND MARKET
- 13.4 COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING
- 13.4.1 VISIONARY LEADERS
- 13.4.2 INNOVATORS
- 13.4.3 DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 13.4.4 EMERGING COMPANIES
- 13.5 COMPETITIVE SITUATION AND TRENDS
- 13.5.1 PRODUCT LAUNCHES
- 13.5.2 PARTNERSHIPS, COLLABORATIONS, & AGREEMENTS
- 13.5.3 MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
14 COMPANY PROFILES
(Business overview, Products offered, Recent developments, MNM view)*
- 14.1 GE HEALTHCARE
- 14.2 ESAOTE SPA
- 14.3 MINDRAY MEDICAL INTERNATIONAL CO. LTD.
- 14.4 SIEMENS AG
- 14.5 FUJIFILM HOLDINGS
- 14.6 HESKA CORPORATION
- 14.7 SAMSUNG MEDISON CO., LTD.
- 14.8 DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING SYSTEMS, INC.
- 14.9 IMV IMAGING
- 14.10 SHENZHEN RICSO TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
- 14.11 DRAMINSKI S.A.
- 14.12 SHANTOU INSTITUTE OF ULTRASONIC INSTRUMENTS CO., LTD.
- 14.13 CLARIUS MOBILE HEALTH
- 14.14 SONOSCAPE MEDICAL CORPORATION
- 14.15 E.I. MEDICAL IMAGING
- 14.16 EDAN INSTRUMENTS, INC.
- 14.17 XUZHOU KAIXIN ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENT CO., LTD.
- 14.18 PROMED GROUP CO., LTD.
- 14.19 BMV TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
- 14.20 MEDITECH EQUIPMENT CO., LTD.
Business overview, Products offered, Recent developments, MNM view might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 15.1 INSIGHTS FROM INDUSTRY EXPERTS
- 15.2 DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 15.3 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 15.4 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 15.5 RELATED REPORTS
- 15.6 AUTHOR DETAILS