Product Code: FB 6762
"Growing medicinal application of cannabis is expected to drive the overall growth of the cannabis market."
The cannabis market size is expected to grow from USD 10.3 billion in 2018 to USD 39.4 billion by 2023, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 30.7% during the forecast period. The cannabis market is driven by various factors such as the growing medicinal application of cannabis and the increasing legalization of cannabis. However, a complex regulatory structure for the use of cannabis can hinder the growth of the market.
"The concentrates segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period."
The concentrates segment is the fastest-growing segment in the cannabis market, by product type. This is due to their ease in usage and their versatility in the method of delivery, such as dabbing, ingestible oils, and tinctures. Also, along with ingestion, concentrates can offer cleaner, smoother, and less-odiferous hits than flowers. Concentrates are being increasingly opted for over flowers, as these as more potent in nature. The potency of concentrates could also be modified as per requirement and usage, to evoke a higher consumer likeability.
"The THC-dominant segment, by compound, is projected to hold the largest market share during the forecast period."
The THC-dominant segment is projected to hold the largest share and grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The dominance of this segment is majorly attributed to the fact that THC is the psychoactive substance in cannabis products and is responsible for head high feeling. Even though high THC content is better known for its mind-altering euphoria, it has important medical benefits and is considered effective in relieving nausea, appetite loss, and insomnia.
"North America is projected to be the dominant market during the forecast period."
The market in this region is primarily driven by the growth in the US and Canadian markets. The market in this region is driven by the increasing legalization of cannabis for both medical and recreational purposes all over North America and the increasing awareness among consumers regarding the health benefits of cannabis. The market is further fueled by the presence of major cannabis giants such as Canopy Growth Corporation, Aurora Cannabis Inc., and Medical Marijuana Inc., who are continuously investing and collaborating for the development of new products to fulfill the consumer demand.
In-depth interviews were conducted with Chief Executive Officers (CEOs), marketing directors, other innovation and technology directors, and executives from various key organizations operating in the cannabis market.
- By Company Type: Tier 1: 30%, Tier 2: 40%, and Tier 3: 30%
- By Designation: C-level Executives: 75%, and Managers: 25%
- By Region: North America: 50%, South America: 20%, Europe: 20%, RoW: 10%
The cannabis market comprises major providers such as Canopy Growth Corporation (Canada), Aurora Cannabis Inc. (Canada), Tikun Olam (Israel), Cannabis Science Inc. (US), Aphria Inc. (Canada), and Maricann Group Inc. (Canada) among others. The study includes an in-depth competitive analysis of these key players in the cannabis market, along with their company profiles, recent developments, and key market strategies.
The market study covers the cannabis market across various segments. It aims at estimating the market size and the growth potential of this market across different segments, on the basis of product type, application, compound, and region. The study also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key players in the market, along with their company profiles, key observations related to their products and business offerings, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report:
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market with information on the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall cannabis market and its subsegments. This report will help the stakeholders to understand the competitive landscape, to gain more insights to position their businesses better, and to plan suitable go-to-market strategies. The report will also help the stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and will provide them with information on the key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2 MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 1.4 REGIONS COVERED
- 1.5 PERIODIZATION CONSIDERED
- 1.6 CURRENCY CONSIDERED
- 1.7 STAKEHOLDERS
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1 SECONDARY DATA
- 188.8.131.52 Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2 PRIMARY DATA
- 184.108.40.206 Key data from primary sources
- 220.127.116.11 Key data from primary sources
- 2.2 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.3 DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4 ASSUMPTIONS FOR THE STUDY
- 2.5 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1 ATTRACTIVE OPPORTUNITIES IN THE CANNABIS MARKET
- 4.2 CANNABIS MARKET: MAJOR COUNTRIES
- 4.3 CANNABIS MARKET IN NORTH AMERICA, BY PRODUCT TYPE & COUNTRY
- 4.4 CANNABIS MARKET, BY APPLICATION & REGION
- 4.5 CANNABIS MARKET, BY COMPOUND & REGION
5 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1 DRIVERS
- 18.104.22.168 Growing medicinal application of cannabis
- 22.214.171.124 Increasing legalization of cannabis
- 5.2.2 RESTRAINTS
- 126.96.36.199 Complex regulatory structure for the usage of cannabis
- 5.2.3 OPPORTUNITIES
- 188.8.131.52 Product development via research and novel product delivery solutions
- 5.2.4 CHALLENGES
- 184.108.40.206 Declining prices as product gets commoditized
- 5.3 VALUE CHAIN: CANNABIS MARKET
- 5.4 GLOBAL REGULATORY OVERVIEW
- 5.5 REGULATORY OVERVIEW, BY COUNTRY
- 5.5.1 US
- 220.127.116.11 Nevada
- 18.104.22.168 Colorado
- 22.214.171.124 Maine
- 126.96.36.199 California
- 188.8.131.52 Massachusetts
- 184.108.40.206 Alaska
- 220.127.116.11 Oregon
- 18.104.22.168 Washington
- 22.214.171.124 Washington DC
- 126.96.36.199 Vermont
- 5.5.2 CANADA
- 5.5.3 GERMANY
- 5.5.4 ITALY
- 5.5.5 DENMARK
- 5.5.6 CZECH REPUBLIC
- 5.5.7 CHILE
- 5.5.8 NETHERLANDS
- 5.5.9 COLOMBIA
- 5.5.10 URUGUAY
- 5.5.11 AUSTRALIA
- 5.5.12 ISRAEL
6 CANNABIS MARKET, BY PRODUCT TYPE
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION
- 6.2 FLOWER
- 6.2.1 INCREASING USAGE OF CANNABIS FOR RECREATIONAL PURPOSES IS EXPECTED TO FUEL THE MARKET GROWTH FOR THESE PRODUCTS
- 6.3 CONCENTRATES
- 6.3.1 A WIDE VARIETY OF DELIVERY METHODS HAVE MADE THE MARKET FOR CANNABIS CONCENTRATES EXTREMELY FAVORABLE AMONGST CONSUMERS
- 6.4 OTHERS
- 6.4.1 LARGE NUMBER OF FOOD & BEVERAGE MANUFACTURING COMPANIES VENTURING INTO THE CANNABIS-INFUSED EDIBLES CATEGORY EXPECTED TO DRIVE THE MARKET GROWTH
7 CANNABIS MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION
- 7.2 MEDICAL
- 7.2.1 INCREASING USAGE OF CANNABIS FOR PAIN, NEUROLOGICAL HEALTH, AND MENTAL HEALTH MANAGEMENT IS DRIVING THE MARKET FOR MEDICAL CANNABIS
- 188.8.131.52 Pain management
- 184.108.40.206 Neurological health management
- 220.127.116.11 Mental health management
- 18.104.22.168 Others
- 7.3 RECREATIONAL
- 7.3.1 WIDER LEGALIZATION STATUS OF RECREATIONAL CANNABIS TO SIGNIFICANTLY BOOST MARKET GROWTH
8 CANNABIS MARKET, BY COMPOUND
- 8.1 INTRODUCTION
- 8.2 TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL (THC)-DOMINANT
- 8.2.1 INCREASING LEGALIZATION OF RECREATIONAL CANNABIS COULD HELP PROPEL THE MARKET FOR THC-DOMINANT CANNABIS STRAINS
- 8.3 CANNABIDIOL (CBD)-DOMINANT
- 8.3.1 USAGE OF CANNABIDIOL FOR MEDICINAL APPLICATIONS IS DRIVING THE MARKET FOR CBD-DOMINANT CANNABIS PRODUCTS
- 8.4 BALANCED THC & CBD
- 8.4.1 BALANCED THC & CBD STRAINS PRODUCING EFFECTS, WHICH HELP DIMINISH THE PSYCHOACTIVE PROPERTIES OF THC, ARE EXPECTED TO DRIVE THE MARKET GROWTH
9 CANNABIS MARKET, BY REGION
- 9.1 INTRODUCTION
- 9.2 NORTH AMERICA
- 9.2.1 US
- 22.214.171.124 Growing legalization of both medical and recreational cannabis in several states to drive the market in the US
- 9.2.2 CANADA
- 126.96.36.199 Legalization of recreational cannabis to drive the market in Canada
- 9.2.3 MEXICO
- 188.8.131.52 Legalization of medical cannabis to drive the Mexican market
- 9.3 SOUTH AMERICA
- 9.3.1 CHILE
- 184.108.40.206 Increasing awareness among consumers about the benefits of medical cannabis in the treatment of chronic pain, seizures, and nausea is driving the market in Chile
- 9.3.2 COLOMBIA
- 220.127.116.11 A high percentage of population suffering from chronic diseases is driving the Colombian cannabis market
- 9.3.3 URUGUAY
- 18.104.22.168 The fully legalized cannabis industry with eased regulations is driving the market in Uruguay
- 9.3.4 REST OF SOUTH AMERICA
- 22.214.171.124 Legalization of medical cannabis is the major driver for the market in the rest of South America
- 9.4 EUROPE
- 9.4.1 GERMANY
- 126.96.36.199 Complete health insurance coverage for the use of medical cannabis is driving the German market
- 9.4.2 ITALY
- 188.8.131.52 Increase in demand for cannabis coupled with the issuance of import licenses to drive growth in the Italian cannabis market
- 9.4.3 FRANCE
- 184.108.40.206 The healthcare system in France is driving the market growth
- 9.4.4 THE NETHERLANDS
- 220.127.116.11 Strong supporting infrastructure of pharmacies is driving the market in the Netherlands
- 9.4.5 REST OF EUROPE
- 18.104.22.168 Legalization of medical cannabis is the major driver for the market in the rest of Europe
- 9.5 REST OF THE WORLD (ROW)
- 9.5.1 ISRAEL
- 22.214.171.124 Agricultural & technical innovations coupled with liberal government policies to drive the market in Israel
- 9.5.2 AUSTRALIA
- 126.96.36.199 Improved access to medical cannabis is projected to drive the market in Australia
10 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 10.1 OVERVIEW
- 10.2 KEY MARKET STRATEGIES
- 10.3 RANKING OF KEY PLAYERS, 2018
- 10.4 INVESTMENT OVERVIEW
- 10.5 COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
- 10.5.1 AGREEMENTS, COLLABORATIONS, JOINT VENTURES, AND PARTNERSHIPS
- 10.5.2 NEW PRODUCT LAUNCHES
- 10.5.3 EXPANSIONS & INVESTMENTS
- 10.5.4 ACQUISITIONS
11 COMPANY PROFILES
(Business overview, Products offered, Recent developments, SWOT analysis & MnM View)*
- 11.1 CANOPY GROWTH CORPORATION
- 11.2 AURORA CANNABIS INC.
- 11.3 MEDMEN
- 11.4 TERRA TECH CORP.
- 11.5 APHRIA INC.
- 11.6 VIVO CANNABIS INC.
- 11.7 CHRONOS GROUP INC.
- 11.8 MEDICAL MARIJUANA, INC.
- 11.9 STENOCARE
- 11.10 TIKUN OLAM
- 11.11 ORGANIGRAMS HOLDING INC.
- 11.12 CANNABIS SCIENCE INC.
- 11.13 MARICANN GROUP INC.
- 11.14 TILRAY INC
- 11.15 HEXO
Details on Business overview, Products offered, Recent developments, SWOT analysis & MnM View might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 12.1 DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 12.2 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 12.3 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 12.4 RELATED REPORTS
- 12.5 AUTHOR DETAILS