Product Code: MD 4803
"Cancer/tumor profiling market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 10.5% during the forecast period (2019-2024)."
Cancer/tumor profiling market is projected to reach USD 12.4 billion by 2024 from USD 7.5 billion in 2019, at a CAGR of 10.5%. The increasing incidence of cancer across the globe and the rising use of biomarkers in tumor profiling are the primary growth drivers for this market. Additionally, the increase in cancer research & funding initiatives and technological advancements in profiling technologies are also propelling the growth of the cancer/tumor profiling market.
The increasing demand for personalized medicine and the growing need for point-of-care diagnostics is expected to offer significant growth opportunities for market players during the forecast period. On the other hand, the high capital investment required for biomarker discovery and the technical issues with sample collection and storage are the key factors restraining the market growth.
"The next-generation sequencing (NGS) segment is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period."
Based on technology, cancer/tumor profiling market has been segmented into immunoassays, in-situ hybridization, next-generation sequencing (NGS), polymerase chain reaction (PCR), mass spectrometry, microarrays, and other technologies. The next-generation sequencing (NGS) segment is projected to witness the highest growth in cancer/tumor profiling market during the forecast period. The benefits of effectively exploring genetic alterations in a wide range of cancers and the identification of a number of differentially expressed genes & genetic/epigenetic variants as potential targets aid in the development of new biomarkers for early diagnosis of the disease. These factors are supporting the adoption of NGS technology in cancer/tumor profiling market.
"The lung cancer segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period."
Based on cancer type, the market is segmented into breast cancer, lung cancer, colorectal cancer, prostate cancer, melanoma, and other cancers. The lung cancer segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The increasing incidence of lung cancer worldwide and the growing need for early diagnosis are supporting the growth of this segment.
"The protein biomarkers segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period."
Based on biomarker type, cancer/tumor profiling market is segmented into genetic biomarkers, protein biomarkers, and other biomarkers. The protein biomarkers segment is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period majorly due to the increasing adoption of proteomic methods for biomarker research to improve the drug development process. They also showcase an enormous potential for directing personalized cancer therapy and treatment monitoring.
"The clinical applications segment is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period."
Based on applications, cancer/tumor profiling market is segmented into research and clinical applications. The research applications segment is further sub-segmented into biomarker discovery and personalized medicine. On the other hand, the clinical applications segment is sub-segmented into diagnostics, prognostics, screening, and monitoring & treatment.
The clinical applications segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. With the increasing incidence rate of cancers across the globe and the rising availability of molecular profiling, and functional assessment of signaling pathways of advanced solid tumors, the use of tumor profiling techniques is gaining momentum for clinical practice.
"APAC is projected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period."
Although North America is expected to account for the largest share of global cancer/tumor profiling market in 2018, APAC is expected to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This is primarily due to the high incidence of cancer, growing proteomics & genomics research, rising research funding, increasing investments by pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, and growing awareness about personalized therapeutics.
A breakdown of the primary participants referred to for this report is provided below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1-35%, Tier 2-45%, and Tier 3-20%
- By Designation: C-level-35%, Director-level-25%, and Others-40%
- By Region: North America-45%, Europe-30%, Asia Pacific-20%, Rest of the World-5%
The prominent players in cancer/tumor profiling market are: Illumina, Inc. (US), QIAGEN N.V. (Germany), NeoGenomics Laboratories, Inc. (US), HTG Molecular Diagnostics, Inc. (US), Genomic Health Inc. (US), Caris Life Sciences (US), Helomics Corporation (US), NanoString Technologies, Inc. (US), Sysmex Corporation (Japan), Ribomed Biotechnologies, Inc. (US), Guardant Health, Inc. (US), and Foundation Medicine (US).
The report analyzes the market for various cancer/tumor profiling technologies and their adoption pattern. It aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of cancer/tumor profiling market and the different segments such as by technology, cancer type, biomarker type, and application. The report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key players in this market, along with their company profiles, product offerings, and recent developments.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which, in turn, would help them to garner a more significant share. Firms purchasing the report could use one, or a combination of the below mentioned five strategies for strengthening their market presence.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios offered by the top players in cancer/tumor profiling market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming trends, R&D activities, and product launches in cancer/tumor profiling market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information on lucrative emerging regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, growing geographies, and recent developments in global cancer/tumor profiling market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market segments, growth strategies, revenue analysis, and products of the leading players in cancer/tumor profiling market.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2 MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3 MARKET SCOPE
- 220.127.116.11 Markets covered
- 18.104.22.168 Years considered for the study
- 1.4 CURRENCY
- 1.5 STAKEHOLDERS
- 1.6 LIMITATIONS
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 RESEARCH APPROACH
- 2.1.1 SECONDARY RESEARCH
- 22.214.171.124 Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2 PRIMARY RESEARCH
- 126.96.36.199 Key data from primary sources
- 188.8.131.52 Breakdown of primaries
- 184.108.40.206 Key industry insights
- 2.2 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.3 DATA TRIANGULATION APPROACH
- 2.4 ASSUMPTIONS FOR THE STUDY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1 CANCER/TUMOR PROFILING: MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.2 CANCER/TUMOR PROFILING MARKET: GEOGRAPHIC GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
- 4.3 REGIONAL MIX: CANCER/TUMOR PROFILING MARKET (2019-2024)
- 4.4 CANCER/TUMOR PROFILING MARKET: DEVELOPED VS. DEVELOPING MARKETS (2019 VS. 2024)
5 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1 MARKET DRIVERS
- 220.127.116.11 Increasing incidence of cancer
- 18.104.22.168 Increasing use of biomarkers in cancer profiling
- 22.214.171.124 Increasing cancer research and funding
- 126.96.36.199 Technological advancements
- 5.2.2 MARKET RESTRAINTS
- 188.8.131.52 High capital investment
- 184.108.40.206 Technical issues with sample collection and storage
- 5.2.3 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES
- 220.127.116.11 Increasing demand for personalized medicine
- 18.104.22.168 Growing need for point-of-care diagnostics
- 5.2.4 MARKET CHALLENGES
- 22.214.171.124 Low biomarker discovery-to-approval ratio
- 126.96.36.199 Poor regulatory and reimbursement scenario
6 INDUSTRY INSIGHTS
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION
- 6.2 INDUSTRY TRENDS
- 6.2.1 INTEGRATION OF OMICS DATA
- 6.2.2 ADVANCES IN LIQUID BIOPSY
- 6.2.3 ORGANOIDS FOR PERSONALIZED MEDICINE
7 CANCER/TUMOR PROFILING MARKET, BY TECHNOLOGY
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION
- 7.2 IMMUNOASSAYS
- 7.2.1 IMMUNOASSAY TESTS IDENTIFY AND ASSESS THE PROGRESSION OF DISEASE, THEREBY PROVIDING INFORMATION VITAL FOR BETTER THERAPEUTIC CHOICES
- 7.3 NEXT-GENERATION SEQUENCING
- 7.3.1 ADVANCES IN NGS MULTIPLEXING CAPABILITIES ENABLE ONE ASSAY TO PROVIDE A COMPLETE TUMOR MOLECULAR PROFILE
- 7.4 POLYMERASE CHAIN REACTION
- 7.4.1 REAL-TIME PCR HELPS IN THE QUANTIFICATION OF LOW-COPY TRANSCRIPTS, AIDING BIOMARKER IDENTIFICATION
- 7.5 IN SITU HYBRIDIZATION
- 7.5.1 FISH IS THE GOLD STANDARD FOR EVALUATING SOME KEY BIOMARKERS AND PLAYS A CRITICAL ROLE IN GUIDING TARGETED THERAPIES
- 7.6 MICROARRAYS
- 7.6.1 MICROARRAYS ARE WIDELY ADOPTED IN DIAGNOSTICS AS THEY AID IN PREDICTING THE RECURRENCE OF CANCER AFTER TREATMENT
- 7.7 MASS SPECTROMETRY
- 7.7.1 TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENTS ARE SUPPORTING THE ADOPTION OF THIS TECHNOLOGY FOR SENSITIVE, RELIABLE, AND RAPID DIAGNOSIS
- 7.8 OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
8 CANCER/TUMOR PROFILING MARKET, BY CANCER TYPE
- 8.1 INTRODUCTION
- 8.2 BREAST CANCER
- 8.2.1 BREAST CANCER IS THE MOST COMMON CANCER FOUND AMONG WOMEN
- 8.3 LUNG CANCER
- 8.3.1 MOLECULAR CHARACTERIZATION OF TUMORS USING NGS HAS IS A KEY TOOL FOR THE CLINICAL MANAGEMENT OF NSCLC PATIENTS
- 8.4 COLORECTAL CANCER
- 8.4.1 IHC, PCR, MICROARRAYS, AND IMAGING TECHNOLOGIES ARE MAJOR TECHNOLOGIES USED IN COLORECTAL DIAGNOSTICS
- 8.5 PROSTATE CANCER
- 8.5.1 PROSTATE-SPECIFIC ANTIGEN IS A WIDELY USED FDA-APPROVED BIOMARKER FOR PROSTATE CANCER SCREENING
- 8.6 MELANOMA
- 8.6.1 RT-QPCR IS GENERALLY UTILIZED TO CONDUCT MOLECULAR PROFILING AND ANALYZE BIOMARKERS IN MELANOMAS
- 8.7 OTHER CANCERS
9 CANCER/TUMOR PROFILING MARKET, BY BIOMARKER TYPE
- 9.1 INTRODUCTION
- 9.2 GENETIC BIOMARKERS
- 9.2.1 GENETIC BIOMARKERS ARE FREQUENTLY USED IN CLINICAL PRACTICE FOR DIAGNOSIS AND PROGNOSIS
- 9.3 PROTEIN BIOMARKERS
- 9.3.1 PROTEOMIC METHODS SHOWCASE SIGNIFICANT PROMISE FOR THE DISCOVERY OF NOVEL BIOMARKERS
- 9.4 OTHER BIOMARKERS
10 CANCER/TUMOR PROFILING MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 10.1 INTRODUCTION
- 10.2 RESEARCH APPLICATIONS
- 10.2.1 BIOMARKER DISCOVERY
- 10.2.1.1 Biomarkers are being exploited for the development of personalized or precision medicine
- 10.2.2 PERSONALIZED MEDICINE
- 10.2.2.1 The field of personalized medicine is witnessing rapid growth in the area of oncology
- 10.3 CLINICAL APPLICATIONS
- 10.3.1 DIAGNOSTICS
- 10.3.1.1 Tumor profiling is rapidly gaining momentum in the area of diagnostics
- 10.3.2 PROGNOSTICS
- 10.3.2.1 Advancements in molecular biology are aiding the uptake of tumor profiling in this segment
- 10.3.3 MONITORING & TREATMENT
- 10.3.3.1 Multiplatform profiling analyses are gaining recognition for monitoring and treatment among cancer patients
- 10.3.4 SCREENING
- 10.3.4.1 Screening tests help in deciding if diagnostic tests are required by the patient
11 CANCER/TUMOR PROFILING MARKET, BY REGION
- 11.1 INTRODUCTION
- 11.2 NORTH AMERICA
- 11.2.1 US
- 188.8.131.52 US dominates the North American cancer/tumor profiling market
- 11.2.2 CANADA
- 184.108.40.206 Growing public-private partnerships to promote proteomics research are expected to drive the market in Canada
- 11.3 EUROPE
- 11.3.1 GERMANY
- 220.127.116.11 Advancements proteomics and genomics research are expected to drive market growth
- 11.3.2 UK
- 18.104.22.168 Growth in the life science industry and the increase in academia-industry partnerships will be the key factors driving the market
- 11.3.3 FRANCE
- 22.214.171.124 Growth in this market is primarily driven by increasing investments in life science R&D for infrastructural development
- 11.3.4 ITALY
- 126.96.36.199 Increasing investment in cancer and translational research is expected to propel market growth during the forecast period
- 11.3.5 SPAIN
- 188.8.131.52 Rising incidence of cancer and increasing focus on cancer biomarkers by various medical societies to support market growth in Spain
- 11.3.6 REST OF EUROPE
- 11.4 ASIA PACIFIC
- 11.4.1 JAPAN
- 184.108.40.206 Large number of research initiatives towards the development of precision medicine supporting market growth in Japan
- 11.4.2 CHINA
- 220.127.116.11 China has the fastest-growing research sector in the APAC region
- 11.4.3 INDIA
- 18.104.22.168 Increasing pharma R&D and government funding in the biotechnology industry are the major factors driving market growth in India
- 11.4.4 REST OF ASIA PACIFIC
- 11.5 LATIN AMERICA
- 11.5.1 GROWING PROTEOMICS RESEARCH IN THE FIELD OF CANCER ALONG WITH THE RISING USE OF ADVANCED TECHNIQUES TO DRIVE MARKET GROWTH
- 11.6 MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 11.6.1 GROWING GENOMICS AND PROTEOMICS RESEARCH AND INCREASING RESEARCH COLLABORATIONS ARE EXPECTED TO SUPPORT MARKET GROWTH
12 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 12.1 OVERVIEW
- 12.2 COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING
- 12.2.1 VISIONARY LEADERS
- 12.2.2 INNOVATORS
- 12.2.3 DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 12.2.4 EMERGING COMPANIES
- 12.3 COMPETITIVE SITUATION AND TRENDS
- 12.3.1 PRODUCT LAUNCHES, APPROVALS, AND ENHANCEMENTS
- 12.3.2 EXPANSIONS
- 12.3.3 ACQUISITIONS
- 12.3.4 OTHER STRATEGIES
13 COMPANY PROFILES
(Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MnM View)*
- 13.1 ILLUMINA, INC.
- 13.2 QIAGEN N.V.
- 13.3 NEOGENOMIC LABORATORIES, INC.
- 13.4 SYSMEX CORPORATION
- 13.5 HTG MOLECULAR DIAGNOSTICS, INC.
- 13.6 HELOMICS CORPORATION
- 13.7 GENOMIC HEALTH, INC.
- 13.8 CARIS LIFE SCIENCES
- 13.9 NANOSTRING TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- 13.10 RIBOMED BIOTECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- 13.11 GUARDANT HEALTH, INC.
- 13.12 FOUNDATION MEDICINE
Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MnM View might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 14.1 INSIGHTS OF INDUSTRY EXPERTS
- 14.2 MARKET SIZING & VALIDATION APPROACH
- 14.3 DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 14.4 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 14.5 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 14.6 RELATED REPORTS
- 14.7 AUTHOR DETAILS