Product Code: SE 4129
"The anti-drone market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 28.8% from 2018 to 2024"
The anti-drone market is expected to grow from USD 499 million in 2018 to USD 2,276 million by 2024, at a CAGR of 28.8%. Major factors driving the growth of this market are rising incidences of security breaches by unidentified drones and increasing terrorism and illicit activities across the world. Major restraints for this market growth are high R&D expenses and public safety concerns.
"The military & defense vertical to hold the largest share of the anti-drone market during the forecast period"
The military & defense vertical is expected to account for the largest share of the anti-drone market during the forecast period. The use of drones for border trespassing, smuggling, and spying has increased. As a result, the military & defense sector is likely to witness increased demand for an efficient anti-drone system in the coming years . Presently, countries are also giving importance to strengthening counter-drone measures to monitor terrorist activities, which would boost the demand for anti-drone systems in the near future.
"The anti-drone market for laser systems to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period"
The market for laser counter-drone systems is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The Boeing Co. (US), Lockheed Martin Corp. (US), Rheinmetall Defense Electronics GmbH (Germany), and Raytheon Co. (US), among others, have been developing laser-based anti-drone systems. Laser systems mostly find their applications in the military & defense vertical owing to their great speed, significant flexibility, high precision, and low cost per shot.
"The anti-drone market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during forecast period"
The anti-drone market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of during the forecast period. Major factors contributing to this growth include the development of new technologies in APAC to reduce the growing number of drone-related crimes and several ongoing developments related to anti-drone systems by regional players. The Americas is likely to account for a major share of the global anti-drone market during the forecast period. Factors contributing to the growth of this market include rising incidences of security breaches by unidentified drones and increasing terrorist attacks in the Americas, especially in the US.
Breakdown of Profiles of Primary Participants:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 = 55 %, Tier 2 = 20%, and Tier 3 = 25%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives = 35%, Directors = 25%, and Others = 40%
- By Region: Americas = 40%, Europe = 20%, APAC = 30%, and RoW = 10%
Major players in the anti-drone market include: Thales Group (US), Blighter Surveillance Systems Ltd. (UK), Lockheed Martin Corp. (US), Saab AB (Sweden), Raytheon Co. (US), Dedrone (US), Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd. (Israel), Security and Counterintelligence Group (SCG) LCC (Switzerland), DroneShield Ltd. (Australia), Liteye Systems, Inc. (US), Theiss UAV Solutions, LLC (US), BSS Holland BV (Netherlands), and Prime Consulting & Technologies (Denmark).
The anti-drone market has been segmented based on technology into laser systems, kinetic systems, and electronic systems. On the basis of vertical, the anti-drone market has been segmented into military & defense, commercial, and homeland security. The commercial vertical is further segmented into public venues, critical infrastructure, and households. The anti-drone market based on application has been segmented into detection, and detection and disruption applications. On the basis of geographic regions, the anti-drone market is broadly classified into the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW).
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report would help market leaders/new entrants in the anti-drone market in the following ways:
- 1. This report segments the anti-drone market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the overall market size, as well as that of the subsegments across different verticals and regions.
- 2. The report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- 3. This report would help stakeholders understand their competitors better and gain more insights to enhance their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, product launches, contracts, acquisitions, collaborations, and partnerships in the anti-drone market.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. STUDY OBJECTIVES
- 1.2. DEFINITION
- 1.3. STUDY SCOPE
- 1.3.1. MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2. YEARS CONSIDERED
- 1.4. CURRENCY
- 1.5. LIMITATIONS
- 1.6. STAKEHOLDERS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1. SECONDARY DATA
- 18.104.22.168. Major secondary sources
- 22.214.171.124. Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2. PRIMARY DATA
- 126.96.36.199. Primary interviews with experts
- 188.8.131.52. Key data from primary sources
- 184.108.40.206. Key industry insights
- 220.127.116.11. Breakdown of primaries
- 2.1.3. SECONDARY AND PRIMARY RESEARCH
- 2.2. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.2.1. BOTTOM-UP APPROACH
- 18.104.22.168. Approach for capturing the market size by bottom-up analysis (demand side)
- 2.2.2. TOP-DOWN APPROACH
- 22.214.171.124. Approach for capturing the market size by top-down analysis (supply side)
- 2.3. MARKET RANKING ESTIMATION
- 2.4. MARKET BREAKDOWN AND DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.5. RESEARCH ASSUMPTIONS
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1. ATTRACTIVE OPPORTUNITIES IN ANTI-DRONE MARKET
- 4.2. ANTI-DRONE MARKET IN APAC, BY VERTICAL AND COUNTRY
- 4.3. ANTI-DRONE MARKET, BY COMMERCIAL VERTICAL
- 4.4. ANTI-DRONE MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 4.5. ANTI-DRONE MARKET, BY REGION
- 4.6. COUNTRY-WISE ANALYSIS OF ANTI-DRONE MARKET
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.1.1. DRIVERS
- 126.96.36.199. Rising incidences of security breaches by unidentified drones
- 188.8.131.52. Increasing terrorism and illicit activities across the world
- 5.1.2. RESTRAINTS
- 184.108.40.206. High R&D expenses
- 220.127.116.11. Public safety concerns
- 5.1.3. OPPORTUNITIES
- 18.104.22.168. Need to develop versatile and scalable anti-drone systems
- 22.214.171.124. High demand for anti-drones for defense applications
- 5.1.4. CHALLENGES
- 126.96.36.199. Development of cost-effective anti-drone systems for commercial use
- 188.8.131.52. Reduction in risk of collateral damage
- 5.2. VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS
6. ANTI-DRONE MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 6.2. DETECTION
- 6.2.1. DETECTION APPLICATION EXPECTED TO HOLD LARGEST SHARE OF ANTI-DRONE MARKET BY 2018
- 6.3. DETECTION AND DISRUPTION
- 6.3.1. ANTI-DRONE MARKET FOR DETECTION AND DISRUPTION APPLICATION TO REGISTER HIGHEST CAGR DURING FORECAST PERIOD
7. ANTI-DRONE MARKET, BY TECHNOLOGY
- 7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.2. LASER SYSTEM
- 7.2.1. MILITARY & DEFENSE VERTICAL LIKELY TO BE MAJOR CONSUMER OF LASER-BASED ANTI-DRONES
- 7.3. KINETIC SYSTEM
- 7.3.1. ANTI-DRONE MARKET FOR KINETIC SYSTEMS TO WITNESS SECOND-HIGHEST CAGR DURING FORECAST PERIOD
- 7.4. ELECTRONIC SYSTEM
- 7.4.1. ELECTRONIC ANTI-DRONES LIKELY TO HOLD SECOND-LARGEST MARKET SHARE BY 2024
8. ANTI-DRONE MARKET, BY VERTICAL
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.2. MILITARY & DEFENSE
- 8.2.1. MILITARY & DEFENSE VERTICAL TO CAPTURE LARGEST SHARE OF ANTI-DRONE MARKET IN COMING YEARS
- 8.3. COMMERCIAL
- 8.3.1. PUBLIC VENUES
- 184.108.40.206. Public venues to exhibit second-highest CAGR in anti-drone market during forecast period
- 8.3.2. CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE
- 220.127.116.11. Anti-drone market for critical infrastructure to register highest CAGR in next few years
- 8.3.3. HOUSEHOLDS
- 18.104.22.168. Privacy concerns will drive adoption of anti-drone systems for households
- 8.4. HOMELAND SECURITY
- 8.4.1. NEED FOR SECURITY AT PRISONS, AIRPORTS, AND GOVERNMENT OFFICES PROPEL DEMAND FOR ANTI-DRONE SOLUTIONS FOR HOMELAND SECURITY
9. ANTI-DRONE MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
- 9.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.2. AMERICAS
- 9.2.1. US
- 22.214.171.124. US will lead anti-drone market by accounting for largest market share during forecast period
- 9.2.2. CANADA
- 126.96.36.199. Canadian market demand anti-drones owing to high focus on homeland security and critical infrastructure security
- 9.2.3. MEXICO
- 188.8.131.52. Mexican anti-drone market growth spurred by illegal activities such as drug smuggling across the US-Mexican
- 9.2.4. SOUTH AMERICA
- 184.108.40.206. South America likely to witness highest CAGR in anti-drone market during forecast period
- 9.3. EUROPE
- 9.3.1. UK
- 220.127.116.11. Year-on-year increase in drone incidents in UK propels anti-drone market growth in country
- 9.3.2. GERMANY
- 18.104.22.168. Increased sighting of drones near airports encourage Germany to deploy anti-drones
- 9.3.3. FRANCE
- 22.214.171.124. France expected to employ anti-drones exclusively for detection and disruption applications
- 9.3.4. ITALY
- 126.96.36.199. Growing demand for anti-drones from military & defense vertical will surge market growth in Italy
- 9.3.5. SPAIN
- 188.8.131.52. Increased threats related to border security pushing Spanish government to adopt anti-drones
- 9.3.6. REST OF EUROPE
- 184.108.40.206. Advances in commercial UAV technology and increased untoward or hostile use of UAVs prompt european countries to implement anti-drones
- 9.4. ASIA PACIFIC
- 9.4.1. CHINA
- 220.127.116.11. Development of laser weapons leads to high demand for anti-drones in China
- 9.4.2. JAPAN
- 18.104.22.168. Japan to continue to hold largest share of anti-drone market in APAC during forecast period
- 9.4.3. INDIA
- 22.214.171.124. Anti-drone market growth in India driven by government initiative to deploy anti-drone systems at critical infrastructure
- 9.4.4. SOUTH KOREA
- 126.96.36.199. Rising demand for anti-drone systems from military & defense vertical will accelerate anti-drone market growth in South Korea
- 9.4.5. AUSTRALIA
- 188.8.131.52. Australia likely to exhibit highest CAGR in anti-drone market in APAC during forecast period
- 9.4.6. REST OF APAC
- 184.108.40.206. Anti-drone market in Rest of APAC for commercial vertical to grow at highest CAGR during forecast period
- 9.5. REST OF THE WORLD
- 9.5.1. MIDDLE EAST
- 220.127.116.11. Technological advancements in UAVs and increased frequency of malicious drone attacks would surge demand for anti-drones in Middle East
- 9.5.2. AFRICA
- 18.104.22.168. African anti-drone market growth driven by rising demand from military & defense vertical
10. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 10.1. OVERVIEW
- 10.2. RANKING ANALYSIS
- 10.3. COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
- 10.3.1. PRODUCT LAUNCHES/DEVELOPMENTS AND EXPANSIONS
- 10.3.2. AGREEMENTS AND CONTRACTS
- 10.3.3. ACQUISITIONS, COLLABORATIONS, AND PARTNERSHIPS
11. COMPANY PROFILES (Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, and MnM View)*
- 11.1. INTRODUCTION
- 11.2. KEY PLAYERS
- 11.2.1. THALES GROUP
- 11.2.2. LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP.
- 11.2.3. SAAB AB
- 11.2.4. RAYTHEON CO.
- 11.2.5. BLIGHTER SURVEILLANCE SYSTEMS LTD.
- 11.2.6. DEDRONE
- 11.2.7. ISRAEL AEROSPACE INDUSTRIES LTD.
- 11.2.8. DRONESHIELD LTD.
- 11.2.9. LITEYE SYSTEMS, INC.
- 11.2.10. SECURITY AND COUNTERINTELLIGENCE GROUP LLC
- 11.3. OTHER KEY PLAYERS
- 11.3.1. NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORP.
- 11.3.2. SRC, INC.
- 11.3.3. DETECT, INC.
- 11.3.4. THEISS UAV SOLUTIONS, LLC
- 11.3.5. BATTELE MEMORIAL INSTITUTE
- 11.4. INNOVATORS
- 11.4.1. DEPARTMENT 13 INTERNATIONAL LTD.
- 11.4.2. BSS HOLLAND BV
- 11.4.3. PRIME CONSULTING & TECHNOLOGIES
- 11.4.4. ADVANCED RADAR TECHNOLOGIES (ART)
- 11.4.5. DRONEDEFENCE
*Details on Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, and MnM View might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 12.1. DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 12.2. KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 12.3. AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 12.4. RELATED REPORTS
- 12.5. AUTHOR DETAILS