Product Code: CH 4085
"Tire & Rubber segment is the leading application segment of the Global Process oil market"
Among applications, the Tire & Rubber segment led the Global Process oil market during the forecast period. The Tire & Rubber application segment is one of the potential application segments of the Global Process oil market, which is expected to witness growth during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023 as well. The growth of this application segment can be attributed to increase in demand of process oils as carrier oils, plasticizers, dust control agents, and processing aids in automotive industry. The tire & rubber application segment is expected to grow at the second highest CAGR during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023.
"Personal Care application segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period"
Process oils are used in various personal care products, such as petroleum jelly, hair care products, and skin care products, among others. The growth of the process oil market in personal care application can be attributed to the rising disposable incomes, improving lifestyles, and increasing demand for natural personal care products. With improving lifestyles and increased disposable incomes, demand for skin care products has increased significantly. Consumers have become more conscious regarding the quality and use of cosmetics to improve their personality. This increasing consumer awareness is expected to boost the demand for organic and herbal personal care products, and in turn, drive the growth of the process oil market. Non-carcinogenic process oils are widely used for the manufacturing of cosmetic products.
"Naphthenic dominated the global process oil market in terms of type during the forecast period"
Naphthenic process oils are light-colored and non-staining compounds with properties such as thermal stability and excellent compatibility with synthetic elastomers. These oils have greater solvating power than paraffinic oils. They are highly stable at high temperature and have low viscosity.
Asia Pacific and North America are the major markets for naphthenic process oil, in terms of both value and volume. Presence of naphthenic oil producers such as Ergon (US), San Joaquin Refining (US), Tulstar Products Inc. (US), Lubline (US), Cross Oil (US), Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd. (Japan), and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (India) is one of the key significant factors fueling the growth of the markets in these regions.
"Asia-Pacific is leading the Global Process oil market, in terms of consumption"
In terms of consumption, Asia-Pacific region is the leader in the global base oils market and this dominance is expected to continue during the forecast period as well. The Process oil market in Russia is projected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2018 and 2023, Owing to increasing investments made in the automobile sector and rapid industrial growth. Key countries in the Asia-Pacific process oil market include China, Japan, South Korea, and India, which dominated the region's overall market in terms of volume, in 2018.
The break-up of profiles of primary participants for the report has been given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1-31%, Tier 2-46%, and Tier 3-23%
- By Designation: C Level-50%, D Level-30%, and Others-20%
- By Region: Asia Pacific-30%, North America-34%, Europe-20%, Middle East & Africa-13%, and South America-3%
Major companies in the process oil market include: Royal Dutch Shell (the Netherlands), Exxonmobil (US), Total S.A. (France), Indian Oil Corporation Limited (India), Petronas Group (Malaysia), Repsol S.A. (Spain), Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (India), Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd (Japan), Unipetrol Group (Czech Republic), Panama Petrochem Ltd (India), Nynas AB (Sweden), H&R Group (Germany), Apar Industries (India), Gandhar Oil Refinery Limited (India), and Hollyfrontier Refining & Marketing LLC (US).
This report defines, segments, and projects the process oil market based on type, application, and region. It strategically profiles key players and comprehensively analyzes the ranking of leading players in the process oil market. It also tracks and analyzes competitive developments such as expansions, acquisitions, partnerships, agreement, new product launches, and new product development in the process oil market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
This report is expected to help market leaders/new entrants in this market by providing them the closest approximations of revenues of the process oil market and its subsegments. This report is also expected to help stakeholders obtain an improved understanding of the competitive landscape, gain insights to enhance the position of their businesses, and enable them to make suitable go-to-market strategies. The report is expected to help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them with information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2 MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
- 1.3.1 REGIONAL SCOPE
- 1.3.2 MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.3 YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE REPORT
- 1.4 CURRENCY & PRICING
- 1.5 STAKEHOLDERS
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1 KEY DATA FROM SECONDARY SOURCES
- 2.1.2 KEY DATA FROM PRIMARY SOURCES
- 188.8.131.52 Key industry insights
- 2.2 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.3 MARKET BREAKDOWN AND DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4 ASSUMPTIONS
- 2.5 LIMITATIONS
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1 ATTRACTIVE OPPORTUNITIES IN THE PROCESS OIL MARKET
- 4.2 PROCESS OIL MARKET, BY TYPE
- 4.3 PROCESS OIL MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 4.4 PROCESS OIL MARKET, BY REGION
5 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 REGULATIONS
- 5.3 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.3.1 DRIVERS
- 184.108.40.206 Growing tire manufacturing industry across the globe
- 220.127.116.11 Increasing demand and consumption of process oils in the Asia Pacific region
- 18.104.22.168 Growing use of Solution Styrene-Butadiene Rubber (S-SBR) in automobile tires
- 5.3.2 RESTRAINTS
- 22.214.171.124 Implementation of the European Union directive 2005/69/EC banning the use of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in tire manufacturing
- 126.96.36.199 Increased use of soybean oil as an alternative for process oils in tire manufacturing
- 5.3.3 OPPORTUNITIES
- 188.8.131.52 Growing demand for low-viscosity oils for use in vehicles
- 184.108.40.206 Increasing demand for green process oils across the globe
- 5.3.4 CHALLENGES
- 220.127.116.11 Fluctuating price of crude oil
- 5.4 PORTER'S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- 5.4.1 BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
- 5.4.2 BARGAINING POWER OF BUYERS
- 5.4.3 THREAT OF SUBSTITUTES
- 5.4.4 THREAT OF NEW ENTRANTS
- 5.4.5 INTENSITY OF COMPETITIVE RIVALRY
- 5.5 MACROECONOMIC INDICATORS
- 5.5.1 ANNUAL GDP GROWTH RATE OF MAJOR ECONOMIES
- 5.5.2 AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY
6 PROCESS OIL MARKET, BY TYPE
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION
- 6.2 NAPHTHENIC
- 6.2.1 THE NAPHTHENIC SEGMENT IS ESTIMATED TO ACCOUNT FOR THE LARGEST SHARE OF THE PROCESS OIL MARKET
- 6.3 PARAFFINIC
- 6.3.1 GROWING DEMAND FROM PRINTING INKS INDUSTRY IS EXPECTED TO FUEL THE GROWTH OF PARAFFINIC PROCESS OIL
- 6.4 NON-CARCINOGENIC
- 6.4.1 NON-CARCINOGENIC TYPE SEGMENT ACCOUNTED FOR THE SECOND LARGEST SHARE IN THE PROCESS OIL MARKET
- 6.5 AROMATIC
- 6.5.1 USE OF AROMATIC PROCESS OILS HAS BEEN LIMITED TO VERY FEW APPLICATIONS DUE TO THE IMPLEMENTATION OF STRINGENT REGULATIONS PERTAINING TO THE PERCENTAGE OF PAH
7 PROCESS OIL MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION
- 7.2 TIRE & RUBBER
- 7.2.1 TIRE & RUBBER IS THE LARGEST AND THE FASTEST GROWING APPLICATION SEGMENT
- 7.3 POLYMER
- 7.3.1 POLYMER APPLICATION SEGMENT ACCOUNTED FOR THE SECOND LARGEST SHARE IN THE PROCESS OIL MARKET
- 7.4 PERSONAL CARE
- 7.4.1 INCREASING DEMAND FOR NATURAL SKIN CARE PRODUCTS IS DRIVING THE GROWTH OF PERSONAL CARE SEGMENT IN PROCESS OIL MARKET
- 7.5 TEXTILE
- 7.5.1 PROPERTIES SUCH AS ANTI-RUPTURE AND ANTI-DUST FORMATION HAS CREATED A HIGH DEMAND FOR PROCESS OILS IN THE TEXTILE APPLICATION
- 7.6 OTHERS
8 REGIONAL ANALYSIS
- 8.1 INTRODUCTION
- 8.2 ASIA PACIFIC
- 8.2.1 CHINA
- 18.104.22.168 China is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period in process oil market
- 8.2.2 INDIA
- 22.214.171.124 Increasing demand from the tire industry has fuelled the growth of the process oils in India
- 8.2.3 JAPAN
- 126.96.36.199 Japan accounted for the second largest share in the Asia Pacific process oil market
- 8.2.4 SOUTH KOREA
- 188.8.131.52 Increasing demand from the automotive industry for tire application is driving the process oil market in South Korea
- 8.2.5 INDONESIA
- 184.108.40.206 Increasing demand from the rubber industry is driving the process oil market in Indonesia
- 8.2.6 THAILAND
- 220.127.116.11 Growing sales in passenger vehicles is expected to drive tire application in Thailand process oil market
- 8.2.7 REST OF ASIA PACIFIC
- 8.3 NORTH AMERICA
- 8.3.1 US
- 18.104.22.168 US accounted for the largest share in the north america process oil market
- 8.3.2 CANADA
- 22.214.171.124 Canada accounted for the second largest share in the North America process oil market
- 8.3.3 MEXICO
- 126.96.36.199 Growing demand for tires in Mexico is expected to drive the process oil market in Mexico
- 8.4 EUROPE
- 8.4.1 RUSSIA
- 188.8.131.52 Russia accounted for the largest share in the European process oil market
- 8.4.2 GERMANY
- 184.108.40.206 Growing automotive industry is expected to boost the demand for tire application segment of the process oil market
- 8.4.3 UK
- 220.127.116.11 UK accounted for the third largest share in the European process oil market
- 8.4.4 FRANCE
- 18.104.22.168 Growing demand from the automotive industry is expected to drive the process oil market in France
- 8.4.5 SPAIN
- 22.214.171.124 Improving economic condition of spain is expected to fuel the growth of the process oil market in Spain
- 8.4.6 ITALY
- 126.96.36.199 Growing demand from the automotive industry is expected to drive the process oil market in Italy
- 8.4.7 REST OF EUROPE
- 8.5 MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 8.5.1 SAUDI ARABIA
- 188.8.131.52 Rising demand for personal care products is expected to boost the growth of the process oil market in Saudi Arabia
- 8.5.2 UAE
- 184.108.40.206 The tire & rubber and personal care application segments are expected to drive the growth of the process oil market in the UAE
- 8.5.3 IRAN
- 220.127.116.11 The automotive industry in Iran is expected to drive the process oil market in the country
- 8.5.4 REST OF MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 8.6 SOUTH AMERICA
- 8.6.1 BRAZIL
- 18.104.22.168 Brazil accounted for the largest share in the South America process oil market
- 8.6.2 ARGENTINA
- 22.214.171.124 Process oil market in Argentina is driven by the increasing demand from the tire & rubber industry
- 8.6.3 COLUMBIA
- 126.96.36.199 Process oil market in Columbia is driven by the rising demand from the tire & rubber segment
- 8.6.4 REST OF SOUTH AMERICA
9 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 9.1 OVERVIEW
- 9.2 COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING, 2019
- 9.2.1 INNOVATORS
- 9.2.2 LEADERS
- 9.2.3 CHALLENGERS
- 9.3 COMPETITIVE BENCHMARKING
- 9.3.1 STRENGTH OF PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 9.3.2 BUSINESS STRATEGY EXCELLENCE
- 9.4 SME MATRIX, 2019
- 9.4.1 LEADERS
- 9.4.2 CONTENDERS
- 9.4.3 PACESETTERS
- 9.4.4 MASTERS
- 9.5 MARKET RANKING ANALYSIS
10 COMPANY PROFILES
(Business Overview, Products & Services Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MnM View)*
- 10.1 ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC
- 10.2 EXXONMOBIL
- 10.3 TOTAL S.A.
- 10.4 INDIAN OIL CORPORATION LIMITED
- 10.5 PETRONAS GROUP
- 10.6 REPSOL S.A.
- 10.7 HINDUSTAN PETROLEUM CORPORATION LIMITED
- 10.8 IDEMITSU KOSAN CO., LTD.
- 10.9 UNIPETROL GROUP
- 10.10 PANAMA PETROCHEM LTD.
- 10.11 NYNAS AB
- 10.12 H&R GROUP
- 10.13 APAR INDUSTRIES LIMITED
- 10.14 GANDHAR OIL REFINERY (INDIA) LIMITED
- 10.15 HOLLYFRONTIER REFINING & MARKETING LLC
- 10.16 BEHRAN OIL COMPANY
- 10.17 ORGKHIM BIOCHEMICAL HOLDING
Details on Business Overview, Products & Services Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MnM View might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 10.18 OTHER KEY PLAYERS
- 10.18.1 CPC CORPORATION
- 10.18.2 EAGLE PETROCHEM
- 10.18.3 LODHA PETRO
- 10.18.4 WBF PTE LTD.
- 10.18.5 SOUTHWESTERN PETROLEUM CORPORATION
- 10.18.6 CROSS OIL REFINING & MARKETING, INC.
- 10.18.7 KITE INTERNATIONAL
- 10.18.8 IRANOL
- 10.18.9 VINTROL LUBES PVT. LTD.
- 10.18.10 PETRO GULF FZC
- 10.18.11 WITMANS INDUSTRIES PVT. LTD.
- 10.18.12 STERLITE LUBRICANTS PVT. LTD.
- 10.18.13 GULF PETROLEUM LTD.
- 10.18.14 WELLBANK GLOBAL PTE LTD.
- 10.18.15 ERGON NORTH & SOUTH AMERICA
- 11.1 DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 11.2 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 11.3 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 11.4 RELATED REPORTS
- 11.5 AUTHOR DETAILS