Product Code: SR1018G98_Report
Saccharin is one of the oldest artificial, non-nutritive sweeteners, first discovered in 1878. It has no caloric value and does not get metabolized by the body, being excreted unchanged. Saccharin is also better for oral health as compared to table sugar since it does not promote tooth decay. Owing to its numerous advantages, saccharin is extensively used in the food and beverage industry in diet carbonated drinks and other low-calorie products. It is also finds applications in foods and pharmaceuticals where the presence of sugar can lead to spoilage. According to the latest report published by IMARC Group, titled "Saccharin Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024", the global saccharin market reached a value of US$ 260 Million in 2018.
The rising health consciousness among the consumers regarding the negative effects of sugar consumption has led to an increase in the demand for artificial sweeteners. Since saccharin is cheaper as compared to most other sweeteners, it is used extensively in its end-use sectors. The use of saccharin is also important for people who require a diet with restriction on caloric or carbohydrate intake, such as diabetics. Majority of the health practitioners also favour the use of non-caloric sweeteners like saccharin in weight reduction. Owing to these factors, the market is further expected to reach a value of US$ 365 Million by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 5.6% during 2019-2024.
The report has segmented the market on the basis of applications, covering food and beverage industry, table top sweeteners, personal care and pharmaceuticals. Amongst these, food and beverage applications dominate the market. The market has further been segmented on the basis of type and finds that sodium saccharin accounts for the majority of the sales. It is followed by insoluble saccharin and calcium saccharin. On the basis of region, the report finds that China represents the largest market for saccharin worldwide. It is followed by the United States, Europe and Others.
This report provides a deep insight into the global saccharin industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the saccharin industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global saccharin market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global saccharin industry?
- What are the key application segments in the global saccharin industry?
- What are the major product types in the global saccharin industry?
- What are the price trends of saccharin?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global saccharin industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global saccharin industry?
- What is the structure of the global saccharin industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global saccharin industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global saccharin industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- How is saccharin manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for saccharin?
- What are the transportation requirements for saccharin?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Saccharin Market
- 5.1 Market Overview
- 5.2 Market Performance
- 5.2.1 Volume Trends
- 5.2.2 Value Trends
- 5.3 Market Breakup by Product Type
- 5.4 Market Breakup by Application
- 5.5 Market Breakup by Region
- 5.6 Price Analysis
- 5.6.1 Key Price Indicators
- 5.6.2 Price Structure
- 5.6.3 Price Trends
- 5.7 Market Forecast
- 5.8 SWOT Analysis
- 5.8.1 Overview
- 5.8.2 Strengths
- 5.8.3 Weaknesses
- 5.8.4 Opportunities
- 5.8.5 Threats
- 5.9 Value Chain Analysis
- 5.9.1 Overview
- 5.9.2 Research and Development
- 5.9.3 Raw Material Procurement
- 5.9.4 Manufacturers
- 5.9.5 Distributors
- 5.9.6 Exporters
- 5.9.7 Retailers
- 5.9.8 End-Users
- 5.10 Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 5.10.1 Overview
- 5.10.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 5.10.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.10.4 Degree of Competition
- 5.10.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 5.10.6 Threat of Substitutes
- 5.11 Key Success and Key Risk Factors
6 Market Breakup by Product Type
- 6.1 Sodium Saccharin
- 6.1.1 Market Trends
- 6.1.2 Market Forecast
- 6.2 Insoluble Saccharin
- 6.2.1 Market Trends
- 6.2.2 Market Forecast
- 6.3 Calcium Saccharin
- 6.3.1 Market Trends
- 6.3.2 Market Forecast
7 Market Breakup by Application
- 7.1 Food and Beverages
- 7.1.1 Market Trends
- 7.1.2 Market Forecast
- 7.2 Table Top Sweeteners
- 7.2.1 Market Trends
- 7.2.2 Market Forecast
- 7.3 Personal Care Products
- 7.3.1 Market Trends
- 7.3.2 Market Forecast
- 7.4 Pharmaceuticals
- 7.4.1 Market Trends
- 7.4.2 Market Forecast
- 7.5 Others
- 7.5.1 Market Trends
- 7.5.2 Market Forecast
8 Market Breakup by Region
- 8.1 China
- 8.1.1 Market Trends
- 8.1.2 Market Forecast
- 8.2 India
- 8.2.1 Market Trends
- 8.2.2 Market Forecast
- 8.3 United States
- 8.3.1 Market Trends
- 8.3.2 Market Forecast
- 8.4 Europe
- 8.4.1 Market Trends
- 8.4.2 Market Forecast
- 8.5 Others
- 8.5.1 Market Trends
- 8.5.2 Market Forecast
9 Saccharin Manufacturing Process
- 9.1 Product Overview
- 9.2 Detailed Process Flow
- 9.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 9.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
10 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 10.1 Land, Location and Site Development
- 10.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 10.3 Plant Machinery
- 10.4 Raw Materials Requirements and Expenditures
- 10.5 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
- 10.6 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 10.7 Utilities Requirements and Expenditures
- 10.8 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
11 Loans and Financial Assistance
12 Project Economics
- 12.1 Capital Cost of the Project
- 12.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
- 12.3 Product Pricing and Margins across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 12.4 Taxation and Depreciation
- 12.5 Income Projections
- 12.6 Expenditure Projections
- 12.7 Financial Analysis
- 12.8 Profit Analysis
13 Competitive Landscape
- 13.1 Market Structure
- 13.2 Capacities of Key Players
- 13.3 Profiles of Key Players
- 13.3.1 Kaifeng Xinghua Fine Chemical Ltd
- 188.8.131.52 Company Overview
- 184.108.40.206 Description
- 220.127.116.11 Product Portfolio
- 13.3.2 Shanghai Merry Yang Enterprise Co. Ltd.
- 18.104.22.168 Company Overview
- 22.214.171.124 Description
- 126.96.36.199 Product Portfolio
- 13.3.3 Tianjin North Food Co. Ltd
- 188.8.131.52 Company Overview
- 184.108.40.206 Description
- 220.127.116.11 Product Portfolio
- 13.3.4 Hangzhou Focus Corporation
- 18.104.22.168 Company Overview
- 22.214.171.124 Description
- 126.96.36.199 Product Portfolio
- 13.3.5 Blue Circle Organics Pvt. Ltd.
- 188.8.131.52 Company Overview
- 184.108.40.206 Description
- 220.127.116.11 Product Portfolio
- 13.3.6 Vishnu Chemicals Limited
- 18.104.22.168 Company Overview
- 22.214.171.124 Description
- 126.96.36.199 Product Portfolio