Product Code: SR1018G32_Report
Being aromatic and pungent, ginger adds a special flavor to a number of food products and has been a common ingredient in Asian cuisines since centuries. Its spicy aroma is mainly due to the presence of ketones, especially the gingerols, which have a significant importance in its food and health-related applications. Ginger in its various processed forms like- oil, powder, candy, pulp, bread, sticks, syrup, etc., finds applications in food processing, pharmaceuticals, beverages, meat canning, confectionary, soap making, tobacco processing, etc.
In the food industry, its powdered form is widely used as a condiment/flavoring agent in salad dressings, tomato ketchup and sauce, pickles, gravies, meat sausages, curry dishes, etc. In herbal medicines, ginger powder has been regarded as an excellent carminative ingredient which reduces the intestinal gas. Its regular consumption reduces the risk of diabetes, obesity, heart diseases and results in an increased energy, lower weight and a healthy complexion. Ginger powder is also used for fragrance in soaps and cosmetics. Ginger oil obtained by the steam distillation of the dried ginger is mainly used in the flavoring of beverages, confectionery and perfumes.
IMARC's latest study "Ginger Processing Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024" provides a techno-commercial roadmap for setting up a ginger processing plant. The study, which has been done by one of the world's leading research and advisory firms, covers all the requisite aspects of the ginger processing market. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the ginger processing industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the ginger market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global ginger industry?
- How has the ginger processing market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global ginger processing industry?
- What are the key end-use segments in the global ginger processing industry?
- How has the ginger powder and ginger oil market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key distribution channels in the global ginger processing industry?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global ginger processing industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global ginger processing industry?
- What is the structure of the ginger processing industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the ginger processing industry?
- What are the profit margins in the ginger processing industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a ginger processing plant?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a ginger processing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a ginger processing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a ginger processing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a ginger processing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for processed ginger products?
- What are the transportation requirements for processed ginger products?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a ginger processing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a ginger processing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a ginger processing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a ginger processing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a ginger processing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a ginger processing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2. Scope and Methodology
- 2.1. Objectives of the Study
- 2.2. Stakeholders
- 2.3. Data Sources
- 2.3.1. Primary Sources
- 2.3.2. Secondary Sources
- 2.4. Market Estimation
- 2.4.1. Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2. Top-Down Approach
- 2.5. Forecasting Methodology
3. Executive Summary
- 4.1. Overview
- 4.2. Key Industry Trends
5. Global Ginger Industry
- 5.1. Market Overview
- 5.2. Market Performance
- 5.2.1 Volume Trends
- 5.2.2 Value Trends
- 5.3. Market Breakup by Region
- 5.4. Market Forecast
6. Global Ginger Processing Industry
- 6.1. Market Overview
- 6.2. Market Performance
- 6.2.1 Volume Trends
- 6.2.2 Value Trends
- 6.3. Market Breakup by Region
- 6.4. Market Breakup by Form
- 6.5. Market Breakup by End-Use
- 6.6. Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
- 6.7. Market Forecast
- 6.8. SWOT Analysis
- 6.8.1. Overview
- 6.8.2. Strengths
- 6.8.3. Weaknesses
- 6.8.4. Opportunities
- 6.8.5. Threats
- 6.9. Value Chain Analysis
- 6.9.1. Input Suppliers
- 6.9.2. Farmers
- 6.9.3. Collectors
- 6.9.4. Processors
- 6.9.5. Distributors
- 6.9.6. Exporters
- 6.9.7. Retailers
- 6.9.8. End-Use
- 6.10. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 6.10.1. Overview
- 6.10.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 6.10.3. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 6.10.4. Degree of Competition
- 6.10.5. Threat of New Entrants
- 6.10.6. Threat of Substitutes
- 6.11. Price Analysis
- 6.11.1. Key Price Indicators
- 6.11.2. Price Structure
- 6.11.3. Margin Analysis
- 6.12. Key Success and Risk Factors
7. Performance of Key Regions
- 7.1. China
- 7.1.1 Market Trends
- 7.1.2 Market Forecast
- 7.2. India
- 7.2.1 Market Trends
- 7.2.2 Market Forecast
- 7.3. Nepal
- 7.3.1 Market Trends
- 7.3.2 Market Forecast
- 7.4. Thailand
- 7.4.1 Market Trends
- 7.4.2 Market Forecast
- 7.5. Nigeria
- 7.5.1 Market Trends
- 7.5.2 Market Forecast
- 7.6. Indonesia
- 7.6.1 Market Trends
- 7.6.2 Market Forecast
- 7.7. Others
- 7.7.1 Market Trends
- 7.7.2 Market Forecast
8. Market Breakup by Form
- 8.1. Ginger Powder
- 8.1.1 Market Trends
- 8.1.2 Market Forecast
- 8.2. Ginger Oil
- 8.2.1 Market Trends
- 8.2.2 Market Forecast
9. Market by End-Use
- 9.1. Food Industry
- 9.1.1 Market Trends
- 9.1.2 Market Forecast
- 9.2. Pharmaceutical Industry
- 9.2.1 Market Trends
- 9.2.2 Market Forecast
- 9.3. Cosmetic Industry
- 9.3.1 Market Trends
- 9.3.2 Market Forecast
- 9.4. Others
- 9.4.1 Market Trends
- 9.4.2 Market Forecast
10 Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
- 10.1. Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- 10.1.1 Market Trends
- 10.1.2 Market Forecast
- 10.2. Convenience Stores
- 10.2.1 Market Trends
- 10.2.2 Market Forecast
- 10.3. Specialty Food Stores
- 10.3.1 Market Trends
- 10.3.2 Market Forecast
- 10.4. Online
- 10.4.1 Market Trends
- 10.4.2 Market Forecast
- 10.5. Others
- 10.5.1 Market Trends
- 10.5.2 Market Forecast
11 Competitive Landscape
- 11.1. Competitive Structure
12. Ginger Processing
- 12.1. Product Overview
- 12.2. Detailed Process Flow
- 12.3. Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 12.4. Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
13 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 13.1. Land Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.2. Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.3. Plant Machinery
- 13.4. Machinery Pictures
- 13.5. Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.6. Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
- 13.7. Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.8. Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.9. Utility Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.10. Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.11. Other Capital Investments
14 Loans and Financial Assistance
15 Project Economics
- 15.1. Capital Cost of the Project
- 15.2. Techno-Economic Parameters
- 15.3. Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 15.4. Taxation and Depreciation
- 15.5. Income Projections
- 15.6. Expenditure Projections
- 15.7. Financial Analysis
- 15.8. Profit Analysis