Product Code: GDHC186PIDR
Psoriatic arthritis (PsA) is a chronic form of arthropathy commonly associated with psoriasis. Patients are evaluated on five disease domains: peripheral arthritis, axial disease, enthesitis, dactylitis, and nail and skin involvement. Due to the heterogeneity of clinical symptoms, PsA can be difficult to diagnose and treat.
Current therapies for disease management include conventional synthetic disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (csDMARDs), injectable immuno-suppressants and oral small molecule therapies. Of these, intravenous and subcutaneous therapies targeting tumor necrosis factor (anti-TNFs) have been the gold standard of care for almost 20 years. However, other mechanisms of action have gained traction in recent years. Over the forecast period, market growth is expected to be driven primarily by the approval and launch of five pipeline therapies. However, this growth will likely be curtailed by the erosion of branded agents sales by biosimilars and generics in the second half of the forecast period.
- The greatest drivers of growth in the global PsA market include the launch of five new pipeline therapies during the forecast period and a steadily climbing diagnosed prevalence in many 7MM countries.
- The main barriers to growth in the PsA market include low diagnostic and treatment rates as well as low patient compliance and persistence.
- Among the late-stage pipeline products, two are injectable anti-interleukin therapies and three are oral Janus Kinase (JAK) inhibitors.
- The most important unmet needs in the PsA market are increased access to therapies as well as therapies that can target the multiple disease domains.
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED:
- Which unmet needs are limiting the treatment of PsA in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan)?
- What strategies can the pharmaceutical industry employ to increase treatment rates for PsA? How should these strategies differ across different geographical markets?
- What effect will the launch of biosimilars and generics have on the sales of branded agents? What can drug manufacturers do in order to ensure the success of their biosimilars?
- What are the main R&D trends in the PsA market and which companies are leading the way? Are there major differences in the mechanisms of action used by therapies in late-stage versus early-stage clinical development?
- Overview of PsA including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Topline PsA market revenue, annual cost of therapy, and major pipeline product sales in the forecast period.
- Key topics covered include current treatment and pipeline therapies, unmet needs and opportunities, and the drivers and barriers affecting PsA therapeutics sales in the 7MM.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global PsA therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy:
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies, using a detailed overview of current pipeline products and technologies to identify companies with the most robust pipelines.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global PsA therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global PsA market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global PsA therapeutics market from 2018-2028.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
- 1.1 List of Tables
- 1.2 List of Figures
2 Psoriatic Arthritis: Executive Summary
- 2.1 PsA Market to Experience Moderate Growth from 2018-2028
- 2.2 Oral Therapeutics Dominate the Late-Stage PsA Pipeline
- 2.3 Opportunities Remain for More Cost-Effective and Targeted Treatments
- 2.4 Convenient and Affordable Pipeline Agents Poised to Perform Well in a Crowded PsA Market
- 2.5 What Do Physicians Think?
- 3.1 Catalyst
- 3.2 Related Reports
- 3.3 Upcoming Related Reports
4 Disease Overview
- 4.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology
- 4.1.1 Etiology
- 4.1.2 Pathophysiology
- 5.1 Disease Background
- 5.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities
- 5.3 Global and Historical Trends
- 5.4 Forecast Methodology
- 5.4.1 Sources Used
- 5.4.2 Forecast Assumptions and Methods
- 5.4.3 Sources Not Used
- 5.5 Epidemiological Forecast for Psoriatic Arthritis (2018-2028)
- 5.5.1 Diagnosed Incident Cases of PsA
- 5.5.2 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of PsA
- 5.5.3 Sex-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of PsA
- 5.5.4 Age-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of PsA
- 5.5.5 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of PsA by Severity
- 5.5.6 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of PsA with Psoriasis
- 5.6 Discussion
- 5.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight
- 5.6.2 Limitations of Analysis
- 5.6.3 Strengths of Analysis
6 Disease Management
- 6.1 Diagnosis and Treatment Overview
- 6.1.1 Diagnostic Scales
- 6.1.2 Treatment Guidelines by Market
- 6.2 US
- 6.3 5EU
- 6.4 Japan
7 Competitive Assessment
- 7.1 Overview
- 7.1.1 TNF Inhibitors
- 7.1.2 IL-17 Inhibitors
- 7.1.3 IL-23 Inhibitors
- 7.1.4 Janus Kinase Inhibitors
- 7.1.5 Other Targeted Synthetic Disease Modifying Anti-Rheumatic Drugs
- 7.2 Biosimilars
8 Unmet Needs and Opportunity Assessment
- 8.1 Overview
- 8.2 Increased Clinician Awareness of PsA
- 8.3 Earlier and More Accurate PsA Diagnoses
- 8.4 Improved Drug Safety and Efficacy Across All Disease Domains
- 8.5 Improved Access to Therapies
9 Pipeline Assessment
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.1.1 IL-17 Inhibitors
- 9.1.2 IL-23 Inhibitors
- 9.1.3 JAK Inhibitors
- 9.2 Promising Drugs in Clinical Development
- 9.3 Other Drugs in Development
10 Current and Future Players
- 10.1 Overview
- 10.2 Trends in Corporate Strategy
- 10.3 AbbVie
- 10.4 Pfizer
- 10.5 Johnson & Johnson
- 10.6 Bristol-Myers Squibb
- 10.7 UCB
- 10.8 Amgen
- 10.9 Novartis
- 10.10 Eli Lilly
- 10.11 Gilead
- 10.12 Sun Pharma
- 10.13 Kyowa Hakko Kirin
11 Market Outlook