Product Code: BHP1131SB
Global Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market to Reach $11.78 Billion by 2033
Global Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market: Industry Overview
In 2022, the global organ transplant diagnostics market was valued at $4.03 billion and is expected to reach $11.78 billion by 2033, with a CAGR of 10.45% during the forecast period 2023-2033. The key factors driving growth include a rise in the incidence of chronic diseases leading to organ failure increases in the use of transplant diagnostics, increase in the adoption of stem cell therapy and incidences of leukemia leading to an upsurge in demand for transplant diagnostics tests, advantages of developing advanced molecular and genomic technologies in the transplant diagnostics, and presence of favorable regulatory scenario including reimbursement schemes.
Market Lifecycle Stage
The global organ transplant diagnostics market is in the developed phase. The development of non-invasive techniques for monitoring transplant recipients using NGS and advancements in human leukocyte antigen (HLA) typing tests for an organ transplant are some of the major opportunities in the global organ transplant diagnostics market.
Impact of COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic impacted the healthcare segment in different ways. The organ transplant segment of the industry got highly impacted by the pandemic, as the focus of hospitals and ambulatory centers shifted toward the affected patients. Moreover, as a method of prevention, surgeries got delayed, which had a significant effect on organ transplant procedures and on organ transplant diagnostics tests.
Segmentation 1: by Offering
The global organ transplant diagnostics market (by offering) is expected to be dominated by the services segment.
Segmentation 2: by Transplant Type
- Solid Organ Transplant
- Stem Cell Transplant
The global organ transplant diagnostics market (by transplant type) is expected to be dominated by the solid organ transplant segment.
Segmentation 3: by Application
- Translational Research
The global organ transplant diagnostics market (by application) is expected to be dominated by the diagnostics segment.
Segmentation 4: by Technology
- Molecular Technologies
- Non-Molecular Technologies
- Other Technologies
The global organ transplant diagnostics market (by technology) is expected to be dominated by the molecular technologies segment.
Segmentation 5: by End User
- Hospitals and Transplant Centers
- Academic and Research Institutions
- Reference Laboratories
- Other End Users
The global organ transplant diagnostics market (by end user) is expected to be dominated by the hospitals and transplant centers segment.
Segmentation 6: by Region
- North America - U.S., Canada
- Europe - Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, and Rest-of-Europe
- Asia-Pacific - China, Japan, India, Australia, South Korea, Singapore, and Rest-of-Asia-Pacific
- Latin America - Brazil, Mexico, and Rest-of-Latin America
The global organ transplant diagnostics market (by region) is dominated by the North America region.
Recent Developments in the Global Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market
- In April 2023, bioMerieux S.A. and Oxford Nanopore entered into a strategic partnership agreement to develop innovative infectious disease diagnostics, which would also lead to the development of infectious disease tests used during transplantation.
- In April 2023, CareDx and Miromatrix announced an exclusive partnership to advance research using bioengineered organs for human transplantation.
- In December 2022, GenDx partnered with Azure Biosystems, a leading provider of innovative bioanalytical solutions for protein and genomic research, to demonstrate the compatibility of the Azure Cielo 6 qPCR System with the GenDx KMRtype and KMRtrack kits.
- In November 2022, Bio-Rad Laboratories and NuProbe USA signed a licensing agreement for digital PCR assay development. The technology would advance Bio-Rad's portfolio.
- In October 2022, Eurobio Scientific finalized the purchase of a 100% stake in Genome Diagnostics BV (GenDx) in a deal valued at $132.3 million.
- In September 2022, BioMAdvanced Diagnostics announced fundraising of $1.3 million. The fundraising would allow BioMAdvanced Diagnostics to finalize the design of its first products and to start two clinical studies, one on the rejection of kidney transplants and the other on the lung.
- In September 2022, BioMAdvanced Diagnostics announced the launch of Design Freeze of its IVD test for transplant kidney rejection.
- In September 2022, GenDx announced that it signed a non-exclusive service agreement with Oxford Nanopore Technologies (Oxford Nanopore) to bring its new NGS-Turbo product to the transplant market for high-resolution HLA typing.
Demand - Drivers and Limitations
Following are the drivers for the Global Organ Transplant Diagnostics market:
- Rise in the Incidence of Chronic Diseases Leading to Organ Failure Increases the Use of Transplant Diagnostics
- Increase in the Adoption of Stem Cell Therapy and Incidences of Leukemia Leading to an Upsurge in Demand for Transplant Diagnostics Tests
- Advantages of Developing Advanced Molecular and Genomic Technologies in the Transplant Diagnostics Tests
- Presence of Favorable Regulatory Scenario Including Reimbursement Schemes
The market is expected to face some limitations as well due to the following challenges:
- Increased Gap in Organ Donation and Organ Transplant Demand, which Hinders the Growth of the Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market
- High Cost of Investment for Transplant Diagnostics Tests
How can this report add value to an organization?
Offerings: The offerings segment helps the reader understand the different manufacturers and service providers available in the market for organ transplant diagnostics. Moreover, the study provides the reader with a detailed understanding of transplant types and applications.
Growth/Marketing Strategy: The global organ transplant diagnostics market has witnessed major development by key players operating in the market, such as product launches, business expansions, partnerships, collaborations, mergers and acquisitions, funding activities, and regulatory and legal approvals. The favored strategy for the companies has been synergistic activities such as partnerships, collaborations, expansions, and funding activities. For instance, in April 2023, bioMerieux S.A. and Oxford Nanopore entered into a strategic partnership agreement to develop innovative infectious disease diagnostics, which will also lead to the development of infectious disease tests used during transplantation.
Competitive Strategy: The key players in the global organ transplant diagnostics market analyzed and profiled in the study involve established and emerging players that offer different products and services for organ transplant diagnostics. Moreover, a detailed competitive benchmarking of the players operating in the global organ transplant diagnostics market has been done to help the reader understand the ways in which players stack against each other, presenting a clear market landscape. Moreover, comprehensive competitive strategies such as partnerships, agreements, collaborations, and mergers and acquisitions will help the reader understand the untapped revenue pockets in the market.
Key Market Players and Competition Synopsis
The companies that are profiled have been selected based on inputs gathered from primary experts and analyzing company coverage, product portfolio, and market penetration.
Key Companies Profiled
- Abbott Laboratories
- BAG Group GmbH
- bioMerieux S.A.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Eurobio Scientific
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Illumina, Inc.
- Immucor, Inc.
- Omixon Inc.
- QIAGEN N.V.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- ARUP Laboratories
- CareDx, Inc.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
Table of Contents
1 Product Definition
- 1.1 Inclusion and Exclusion Criteria
2 Market Scope
- 2.1 Scope of Work
- 2.2 Key Questions Answered in the Report:
3 Research Methodology
- 3.1 Global Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market: Research Methodology
- 3.2 Data Sources
- 3.2.1 Primary Data Sources
- 3.2.2 Secondary Data Sources
- 3.3 Market Estimation Model
- 3.4 Criteria for Company Profiling
4 Global Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market: Overview
- 4.1 Current Market Scenario
- 4.1.1 For Researchers
- 4.1.2 For Diagnostics
- 4.2 Market Footprint
- 4.3 COVID-19 Impact on Market
- 4.3.1 Impact on Operations
- 4.3.2 COVID-19 Impact: Current Scenario of Market
- 4.3.3 Pre- and Post-COVID-19 Impact Assessment
- 126.96.36.199 Pre-COVID-19 Phase
- 188.8.131.52 Post-COVID-19 Phase
5 Global Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market: Industry Analysis
- 5.1 Overview
- 5.2 Legal Requirements and Regulatory Frameworks in the U.S.
- 5.2.1 U.S. FDA Regulation
- 5.2.2 CMS Regulation
- 5.3 Legal Requirements and Framework in Europe
- 5.4 Legal Requirements and Framework in Asia-Pacific
- 5.5 Reimbursement Scenario
- 5.6 Patent Analysis
- 5.6.1 Patent Filing Trend (by Country)
- 5.6.2 Patent Filing Trend (by Year)
6 Global Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market: Market Dynamics
- 6.1 Impact Analysis
- 6.2 Market Drivers
- 6.2.1 Rise in Incidence of Chronic Diseases Leading to Organ Failure Increases the Use of Transplant Diagnostics
- 6.2.2 Increase in Adoption of Stem Cell Therapy and Incidences of Leukemia Leading to an Upsurge in Demand for Transplant Diagnostics Tests
- 6.2.3 Presence of Favorable Regulatory Scenarios including Reimbursement Schemes for Some Organ Transplant Diagnostics
- 6.2.4 Advantages of Developing Advanced Molecular and Genomic Technologies in Transplant Diagnostics Tests
- 6.3 Market Restraints
- 6.3.1 Increased Gap in Organ Donation and Organ Transplant Demand Hinders the Growth of Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market
- 6.3.2 High Cost of Investment for Transplant Diagnostics Tests Acts as a Barrier to Growth of the Market
- 6.4 Market Opportunities
- 6.4.1 Development of Non-Invasive Techniques for Monitoring Transplant Recipients using NGS
- 6.4.2 Advancements in Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) Typing Tests for Organ Transplant
7 Competitive Insights
- 7.1 Overview
- 7.2 Key Strategies and Development
- 7.2.1 Synergistic Activities
- 7.2.2 Product and Service Launches
- 7.2.3 Product Approvals
- 7.2.4 Acquisitions and Mergers
- 7.2.5 Regulatory Accreditions
- 7.3 Market Share Analysis 2021 vs. 2022
- 7.4 Growth-Share Analysis
8 Global Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market: (by Offering)
- 8.1 Overview
- 8.2 Products
- 8.2.1 Kits and Assays
- 8.2.2 Consumables
- 8.3 Services
9 Global Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market: (by Transplant Type)
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Solid Organ Transplant
- 9.2.1 Kidney
- 9.2.2 Liver
- 9.2.3 Lung
- 9.2.4 Pancreas
- 9.2.5 Other Organs Transplant
- 9.3 Stem Cell Transplant
10 Global Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market: (by Application)
- 10.1 Overview
- 10.2 Diagnostics
- 10.2.1 Donor Testing
- 10.2.1.1 Pre-Transplantation Testing
- 10.2.1.1.1 Histocompatibility Testing
- 10.2.1.1.2 Blood Profiling Testing
- 10.2.1.1.3 Other Testing
- 10.2.1.2 Post-Transplantation Testing
- 10.2.1.2.1 Post-Infection Testing
- 10.2.1.2.2 Risk of Disorder Testing
- 10.2.1.2.3 Other Testing
- 10.2.2 Recipient Testing
- 10.2.2.1 Pre-Transplantation Testing
- 10.2.2.1.1 Histocompatibility Testing
- 10.2.2.1.2 Blood Profiling Testing
- 10.2.2.1.3 Other Testing
- 10.2.2.2 Post-Transplantation Testing
- 10.2.2.2.1 Post-Infection Testing
- 10.2.2.2.2 Risk of Disorder Testing
- 10.2.2.2.3 Other Testing
- 10.3 Translational Research
11 Global Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market: (by Technology)
- 11.1 Overview
- 11.2 Molecular Technologies
- 11.2.1 PCR
- 11.2.2 Sanger Sequencing
- 11.2.3 Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- 11.2.4 Other Molecular Technologies
- 11.3 Non-Molecular Technologies
- 11.3.1 Serology
- 11.3.2 Flow Cytometry
- 11.4 Other Technologies
12 Global Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market: (by End User)
- 12.1 Overview
- 12.2 Hospitals and Transplant Centers
- 12.3 Academic and Research Institutions
- 12.4 Reference Laboratories
- 12.5 Other End Users
- 13.1 North America
- 13.1.1 North America Organ Transplant Test Volume, by Transplant Type
- 13.1.2 Market Sizing and Forecast
- 184.108.40.206 North America Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market (by Country)
- 220.127.116.11.1 U.S.
- 18.104.22.168.2 Canada
- 13.2 Europe
- 13.2.1 Europe Organ Transplant Test Volume, by Transplant Type
- 13.2.2 Market Sizing and Forecast
- 22.214.171.124 Europe Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market (by Country)
- 126.96.36.199.1 France
- 188.8.131.52.2 Spain
- 184.108.40.206.3 U.K.
- 220.127.116.11.4 Italy
- 18.104.22.168.5 Germany
- 22.214.171.124.6 Switzerland
- 126.96.36.199.7 Rest-of-Europe
- 13.3 Asia-Pacific
- 13.3.1 Asia-Pacific Organ Transplant Test Volume, by Transplant Type
- 13.3.2 Market Sizing and Forecast
- 188.8.131.52 Asia-Pacific Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market (by Country)
- 184.108.40.206.1 China
- 220.127.116.11.2 India
- 18.104.22.168.3 South Korea
- 22.214.171.124.4 Japan
- 126.96.36.199.5 Australia
- 188.8.131.52.6 Singapore
- 184.108.40.206.7 Rest-of-Asia-Pacific
- 13.4 Latin America
- 13.4.1 Latin America Organ Transplant Test Volume, by Transplant Type
- 13.4.2 Market Sizing and Forecast
- 220.127.116.11 Latin America Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market (by Country)
- 18.104.22.168.1 Brazil
- 22.214.171.124.2 Mexico
- 126.96.36.199.3 Rest-of-Latin America
- 13.5 Rest-of-the-World
- 13.5.1 Rest-of-the-World Organ Transplant Test Volume, by Transplant Type
- 13.5.2 Market Sizing and Forecast
14 Company Profiles
- 14.1 Overview
- 14.2 Manufacturers
- 14.2.1 Abbott Laboratories
- 188.8.131.52 Company Overview
- 184.108.40.206 Role of Abbott Laboratories in the Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market
- 220.127.116.11 Product Portfolio
- 18.104.22.168 Financials
- 22.214.171.124 Analyst Perception
- 14.2.2 BAG Group GmbH
- 126.96.36.199 Company Overview
- 188.8.131.52 Role of BAG Group GmbH in the Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market
- 184.108.40.206 Product Portfolio
- 220.127.116.11 Analyst Perception
- 14.2.3 bioMerieux S.A.
- 18.104.22.168 Company Overview
- 22.214.171.124 Role of bioMerieux S.A. in the Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market
- 126.96.36.199 Product Portfolio
- 188.8.131.52 Financials
- 184.108.40.206 Recent Developments
- 220.127.116.11 Analyst Perception
- 14.2.4 Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- 18.104.22.168 Company Overview
- 22.214.171.124 Role of Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. in the Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market
- 126.96.36.199 Product Portfolio
- 188.8.131.52 Financials
- 184.108.40.206 Recent Developments
- 220.127.116.11 Analyst Perception
- 14.2.5 Eurobio Scientific (Genome Diagnostics B.V.)
- 18.104.22.168 Company Overview
- 22.214.171.124 Role of Eurobio Scientific (Genome Diagnostics B.V.) in the Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market
- 126.96.36.199 Product Portfolio
- 188.8.131.52 Analyst Perception
- 14.2.6 F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- 184.108.40.206 Company Overview
- 220.127.116.11 Role of F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. in the Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market
- 18.104.22.168 Product Portfolio
- 22.214.171.124 Financials
- 126.96.36.199 Recent Developments
- 188.8.131.52 Analyst Perception
- 14.2.7 Illumina, Inc.
- 184.108.40.206 Company Overview
- 220.127.116.11 Role of Illumina, Inc. in the Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market
- 18.104.22.168 Product Portfolio
- 22.214.171.124 Financials
- 126.96.36.199 Analyst Perception
- 14.2.8 Immucor, Inc.
- 188.8.131.52 Company Overview
- 184.108.40.206 Role of Immucor, Inc. in the Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market
- 220.127.116.11 Product Portfolio
- 18.104.22.168 Analyst Perception
- 14.2.9 Omixon Inc.
- 22.214.171.124 Company Overview
- 126.96.36.199 Role of Omixon Inc. in the Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market
- 188.8.131.52 Product Portfolio
- 184.108.40.206 Analyst Perception
- 14.2.10 QIAGEN N.V.
- 220.127.116.11 Company Overview
- 18.104.22.168 Role of QIAGEN N.V. in the Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market
- 22.214.171.124 Product Portfolio
- 126.96.36.199 Financials
- 188.8.131.52 Recent Developments
- 184.108.40.206 Analyst Perception
- 14.2.11 Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- 220.127.116.11 Company Overview
- 18.104.22.168 Role of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. in the Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market
- 22.214.171.124 Product Portfolio
- 126.96.36.199 Financials
- 188.8.131.52 Recent Developments
- 184.108.40.206 Analyst Perception
- 14.3 Service Providers
- 14.3.1 ARUP Laboratories
- 220.127.116.11 Company Overview
- 18.104.22.168 Role of ARUP Laboratories in the Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market
- 22.214.171.124 Product Portfolio
- 126.96.36.199 Analyst Perception
- 14.3.2 CareDx, Inc.
- 188.8.131.52 Company Overview
- 184.108.40.206 Role of CareDx, Inc. in the Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market
- 220.127.116.11 Product Portfolio
- 18.104.22.168 Financials
- 22.214.171.124 Recent Developments
- 126.96.36.199 Analyst Perception
- 14.3.3 Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- 188.8.131.52 Company Overview
- 184.108.40.206 Role of Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings in the Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market
- 220.127.116.11 Product Portfolio
- 18.104.22.168 Financials
- 22.214.171.124 Analyst Perception
- 14.3.4 Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
- 126.96.36.199 Company Overview
- 188.8.131.52 Role of Quest Diagnostics Incorporated in the Organ Transplant Diagnostics Market
- 184.108.40.206 Product Portfolio
- 220.127.116.11 Financials
- 18.104.22.168 Analyst Perception