Product Code: BIO051G
The global market for bioinformatics is expected to grow from $18.7 billion in 2023 to $35.5 billion by the end of 2028, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.6% during the forecast period of 2023-2028.
The global market for bioinformatics in genomics applications is expected to grow from $4.7 billion in 2023 to $9.0 billion by the end of 2028, at a CAGR of 14.1% during the forecast period of 2023-2028.
The global market for bioinformatics in proteomics applications is expected to grow from $3.1 billion in 2023 to $5.9 billion by the end of 2028, at a CAGR of 13.8% during the forecast period of 2023-2028.
The scope of the study encompasses the global bioinformatics market based on geography, category and application. It provides a detailed analysis of recent advances in omic technologies and examines their impact on the bioinformatics market. It discusses the ways in which bioinformatics has been utilized by the pharma and biotech industries to streamline the research and development (R&D) process and improve efficiencies. It provides a detailed analysis of the leading countries, companies and technologies that will drive the field forward.
By solution, hardware application, sequencing services and platform, end user, and geography, the market has been segmented into the North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW) regions. Detailed analysis of major countries such as the U.S., Germany, the UK, Italy, France, Spain, Japan, China, India, Brazil, Mexico, GCC countries and Australia will be covered in each country's respective regional segment. In the market valuations, 2022 serves as the base year, while estimated values are provided for 2023 and forecast values for 2028.
- 123 data tables and 90 additional tables
- An up-to-date overview and industry analysis of the global bioinformatics market
- Analyses of the global market trends, with historical market revenue data (sales figures) from 2020 to 2022, estimates for 2023, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2028
- Estimation of the market size and revenue forecast for the global bioinformatics market, and corresponding market share analysis based on solution, hardware type, application, sequencing services and platforms, end use, and region
- In-depth information (facts and figures) concerning the major factors influencing the progress of this market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges) with respect to specific growth trends, upcoming prospects, and contributions to the overall market
- Coverage of information on the latest developments in the bioinformatics tools and services market, innovations in bioinformatics solutions for drug discovery, and details of antibody-based drug discovery and developments
- Impact analysis of various region specific and industry specific macroeconomic variables on global bioinformatics market
- Identification of the innovative companies and technologies that are moving forward in search for elusive pieces of information that will improve diagnoses and treatments of diseases with precision medicines
- Understanding of the importance of ESG in the market for bioinformatics tools and services, consumer attitudes towards sustainability, risks & opportunity assessment, ratings and matrices, and ESG practices in global bioinformatics marketplace
- A look at the major vendors in the global bioinformatics market, and analyze the structure of this industry with respect to company market shares, venture fundings, and recent M&A activities
- Patent analysis covering significant allotments of recent patent grants across each major category
- Profile descriptions of the leading market players
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- What's New in This Update?
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
- Market Outlook
- Market Summary
Chapter 3 Market Overview
- Biological Data Sources
- Bioinformatics in Systems Biology
- Bioinformatics in Precision Medicine
- Bioinformatics in Drug Development
- Next-Generation Sequencing
- Bioinformatics in Metagenomics
- Bioinformatics in Database Management Systems
- Market Trends
- Precision Medicine and Biomarker Identification
- Cloud-Based Solutions
- Shift Toward Value-Based Care
- Rise of ChatGPT
- Market Challenges
- Data Integration
- Data Reliability and Standardization
- End-to-End Workflows
- Market Trends in Bioinformatics Tools and Software
- Purchasing Factors Analysis
- Analyzing Experimental Data
Chapter 4 Market Dynamics
- Market Drivers
- New Discoveries in Biological Sciences
- Increasing Use of Bioinformatics Analytical Software
- New Antibody Technologies and Antibody Types
- Antibody-Based Drug Discovery and Development
- Developed and Increasing Research Areas
- Increased Government Funding in Emerging Markets
- Need for Further Human Genomic and Proteomic Research
- New Application-Focused Technology Platforms
- Market Restraints
- Challenging Issues with Modeling Systems
- Ethical Concerns with Bioinformatics and Computational Genomics
- Market Opportunities
- Market Expansion into Emerging Countries
- Development of Novel Bioinformatics and Drugs
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Application
- Information Overload
- Data Volume
- Data Variety
- Data Velocity
- Data Veracity
- Software Scalability and Validity
- Global Market for Bioinformatics, by Application
- Other Applications
Chapter 6 Market for Sequencing Services and Platforms
- Global Market for Sequencing Services and Platforms
- Sequencing Services
- Sequencing Platforms
Chapter 7 Market Breakdown by Solution
- Global Market for Bioinformatics, by Solution
- Hardware and Its Segments
Chapter 8 Market Breakdown by End Use
- Global Market for Bioinformatics, by End Use
- Clinical and Medical
- Other End Uses
Chapter 9 Market Breakdown by Region
- Global Market for Bioinformatics, by Region
- North America
- Rest of the World
Chapter 10 ESG Development
- Importance of ESG in the Bioinformatics Technologies Manufacturing Industry
- ESG Ratings and Metrics: Understanding the Data
- ESG Practices in the Bioinformatics Technologies Manufacturing Industry
- Environmental Performance
- Social Performance
- Governance Performance
- Case Study
- BCC Research Viewpoint
Chapter 11 Bioinformatics Applications in Pharmaceutical R&D
- Drug Discovery and Development Process
- Target Identification
- Target Validation
- Lead Identification
- Lead Optimization
- Clinical Research: Drug Development
- Preclinical Experiments
- Investigational New Drug Applications
- Clinical Trials
- New Drug Application
- NDA Approval
- Post-Launch Ongoing Studies and Phase IV Clinical Trials
- Electronic Health Records
- Mobile Health Technologies
- Recent Pharmaceutical and Bioinformatics Alliances and Partnerships
Chapter 12 Emerging Technologies and Developments
- Emerging Trends in Bioinformatics TechnologiesEmerging Trends in Bioinformatics Technologies
- Data Science: The Era of New Technology
- Soft Computing Approach
- Challenges and Future Research Direction
Chapter 13 Qualitative Information on New Software
- WorkFlow Language
- Seven Bridges Platform
Chapter 14 M&A and Venture Funding Outlook
- M&A Analysis
- Research Grants
- Public Funding
- Private Funding
Chapter 15 Competitive Intelligence
- Global Company Market Ranking Analysis
Chapter 16 Company Profiles
- 3RD MILLENNIUM INC.
- AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- ARAGEN LIFE SCIENCES LTD.
- BIOMATTERS LTD. (GENEIOUS)
- BIO-RAD (ABD SEROTEC)
- COMPUGEN LTD.
- DASSAULT SYSTEMES BIOVIA
- DNASTAR INC.
- GENEDATA AG
- GENEVA BIOINFORMATICS (GENEBIO) SA
- ILLUMINA INC.
- INTE:LIGAND SOFTWARE ENTWICKLUNGS UND CONSULTING GMBH
- MACVECTOR INC.
- MOLECULAR CONNECTIONS PVT. LTD.
- MOLECULAR NETWORKS GMBH
- NONLINEAR DYNAMICS LTD.
- OCIMUM BIOSOLUTIONS LTD.
- PERKINELMER INFORMATICS INC.
- PERSONALIS INC.
- QLUCORE AB
- REAL TIME GENOMICS INC.
- SMARTGENE SERVICES SARL
- SYNGENE INTERNATIONAL LTD.
- THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
Chapter 17 Appendix: Acronyms