Product Code: IFT149C
The global quantum computing market reached $713.4 million in 2022, should reach $904.7 million by 2023 and $6.5 billion by 2028 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 48.1% during the forecast period of 2023-2028.
North American quantum computing market reached $316.6 million in 2022, should reach $402.7 million by 2023 and $2.9 billion by 2028 with a CAGR of 48.6% during the forecast period of 2023-2028.
Asia-Pacific quantum computing market reached $133.7 million in 2022, should reach $174.3 million by 2023 and $1.4 billion by 2028 with a CAGR of 52.3% during the forecast period of 2023-2028.
In this report, the quantum computing market has been segmented based on offering, deployment, technology, application, end-user industry, and region. The report provides an overview of the global quantum computing market and analyzes market trends. Using 2022 as the base year, the report provides estimated market data for the forecast period 2023 through 2028.
Revenue forecasts for this period are segmented into:
Offering: services and systems.
Method of deployment: on-premises and cloud-based.
Technology: trapped ions, quantum annealing, superconducting qubits, and others.
Application: quantum-assisted optimization, quantum simulation and quantum-assisted machine learning.
End-user industry: banking and finance, IT and telecom, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, space and defense, energy and power, transportation and logistics, academia, government, chemicals, and others.
Region: North America is segmented into the U.S., Canada, and Mexico; Europe is segmented into the U.K., France, Germany, and Rest of Europe; the U.K. is further segmented into England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland; Asia-Pacific (APAC) is segmented into China, Japan, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific; the Rest of World is segmented into the Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
COVID-19 has had a massive impact on society since early 2020. This report considers the impact of COVID-19 and the economic slowdown it created. With people relying more on technology, the demand for quantum computing will increase and boost the market growth. The report also focuses on the major trends and challenges that affect the market and the vendor landscape.
This report has been prepared in a simple, easy-to-understand format, with numerous tables and charts/figures. The scope of the report includes a detailed study of global and regional markets for quantum computing, with reasons given for variations in the growth of the industry in certain regions. The report examines each component of quantum computing technology, determines its current market size, and estimates its future market. The report also analyzes the market from the manufacturers' viewpoint as well as that of the final consumer. A number of technical issues arising out of the utilization of quantum computing technologies are discussed, and solutions are indicated.
- 43 data tables and 45 additional tables
- An updated review of the global markets for quantum computing technologies
- Estimation of market size and analyses of global market trends, with data from 2022, estimates for 2023, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2028
- Evaluation and forecast the global quantum computing market size in dollar value terms, and corresponding market share analysis by offering, application, end-user industry and region
- Identification of the quantum computing technologies and products with the greatest commercial potential
- Coverage of recent advances in the quantum computing industries with environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) developments, and information on Japan's first superconducting quantum computer launched by Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp. (NTT)
- Assessment of the key drivers and constraints that will shape the market for quantum computing over the next ten years and discussion on the upcoming market opportunities and areas of focus to forecast the market into various segments and sub-segments
- Identification of the companies best positioned to meet this demand because of their proprietary technologies, strategic alliances, or other advantages
- Review of the key patent grants and new technologies in the quantum computing sector
- Insight into the recent industry strategies, such as M&A deals, joint ventures, collaborations, and license agreements currently focused on quantum computing products and services
- Company profiles of major players within the industry, including Alphabet Inc. (Google LLC), Amazon.com Inc., International Business Machines (IBM) Corp., and Microsoft Corp.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- What's New in this Update?
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
- Market Outlook
- Market Highlights
Chapter 3 Market Overview
- Value Chain Analysis
- Ongoing International Conflicts
- The U.S.-China Quantum Race
- The Russia-Ukraine War
Chapter 4 Market Dynamics
- Market Drivers
- Rapid Growth in Machine Learning (ML)
- Rising Demand for Supply Chain Optimization
- Early Adoption of Quantum Computers in the Banking and Financial Industries
- Market Restraints
- Technological Hurdles in Implementation
- Quantum Skills Shortage
- Market Opportunities
- Development of Advanced Cryptography Solutions
- Implementation of Quantum Computers in Self-Driving Technology
- Increasing Adoption of Quantum Technology in the Healthcare Sector
- Market Challenges
- Stability and Error Correction Issues
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown, by Offering
- Quantum Computing as a Service (QCaaS)
- Consulting Services
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Method of Deployment
Chapter 7 Market Breakdown by Technology
- Trapped Ions
- Quantum Annealing
- Superconducting Qubits
Chapter 8 Market Breakdown by Application
- Quantum-assisted Optimization
- Advertising/Digital Marketing
- Supply Chain Optimization
- Quantum Simulation
- Basic Research
- Quantum Chemistry
- Materials Discovery and Design
- Quantum-assisted Machine Learning
- Quantum Cryptography
Chapter 9 Market Breakdown by End-User Industry
- Banking and Finance
- Information Technology (IT) and Telecommunications
- Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals
- Space and Defense
- Energy and Power
- Transportation and Logistics
- Digital Media/Online Services
- Weather Forecasting
Chapter 10 Market Breakdown by Region
- North American Market Outlook
- The U.S.
- European Market Outlook
- The U.K.
- Rest of Europe
- Asia-Pacific (APAC) Market Outlook
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of the World (RoW) Market Outlook
- South America
- Middle East
Chapter 11 ESG Development
- ESG Performance in Quantum Computing Market
- Environmental Impact
- Social Impact
- Governance Impact
- Current Status of ESG in the Quantum Computing Market
- Consumer Attitudes Towards ESG in Quantum Computing Market
- ESG Practices in the Quantum Computing Market
- Case Study
- Accelerating Carbon-Free and Circular Economy
- Empowering Everyone with Technology
- Benefiting People and Places
- Sustainability Performance Highlights
- Concluding Remarks from BCC
Chapter 12 Emerging Technologies and Developments
- Key Emerging Technologies for Quantum Computing
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Sixth Generation (6G)
- Machine Learning (ML)
- Cloud Computing
Chapter 13 Patent Analysis
- Recently Granted Patents (2022 to Present)
Chapter 14 M&A and Venture Funding Outlook
- M&A Analysis
- Venture Capital Funding in the Quantum Computing Industry
- Government Expenditures on Quantum Technology Research
Chapter 15 Competitive Intelligence
- Key Players Ranking
- Strategic Analysis
- Product Launches and Developments
- Agreements, Collaborations and Partnerships
- Acquisitions, Expansions and Investments
Chapter 16 Company Profiles
- Key Players in Quantum Computing Product and Solutions
- ALPHABET INC. (GOOGLE LLC)
- AMAZON.COM INC.
- ATOS SE
- BAIDU INC.
- D-WAVE QUANTUM INC.
- HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO. LTD.
- INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP.
- IONQ INC.
- ISARA CORP.
- MICROSOFT CORP.
- QC WARE CORP.
- QUANTINUUM LTD.
- RIGETTI COMPUTING INC.
- TOSHIBA CORP.
- XANADU QUANTUM TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- ZAPATA COMPUTING INC.
- Diversified Players and Non-commercial Research Programs in Quantum Computing