Product Code: 11462
Features at a glance:
- An essential guide for anyone present or considering entering the protein market with a view of offering innovation and added value to consumers.
- Includes an overview of global trends highlighting common themes in new product development.
- Features a wide range of products, innovations and trends shaping the future of the international protein industry.
- Includes over 60 innovative protein brands launched between 2012 and 2014 worldwide to benchmark against leading and innovative products.
- Explores challenges and opportunities in the protein category.
The new millennium is marked by an increase in health awareness amongst consumers. More people take an interest in their wellbeing - exercising more and eating more healthily. High-protein products are no longer only associated with body building, athletes and generating muscle mass - they are being marketed as foods that help consumers lead a healthy lifestyle.
Zenith's report on Protein Innovation examines the key trends and themes driving innovation and new product launches during 2012-2014. The report provides an ultimate guide of the most innovative and leading products in a user-friendly presentation format to help you quickly gain an understanding of new product development worldwide.
What this report covers
- Category overview: overview of key global market trends.
- Key trends in new product development: explores 10 main themes driving product development and innovation worldwide in the protein category.
- Brand profiles: over 60 profiles of innovative protein brands including product image, detailed product information, date of launch, packaging size & type, pricing, key ingredients and description of variants.
Brand profiles featured by the following key innovation themes:
- 1. Introduction of new formats
- 2. Introduction of new flavours
- 3. Reduced sugar content
- 4. Use of new protein sources
- 5. Use of new ingredients
- 6. ‘Ultra Premium' classification
- 7. Designer bottles
- 8. Limited edition packaging releases
- 9. Minimalistic packaging designs
- 10. Unique packaging shapes & textures
Scope and definition:
For the purpose of this report, Zenith has limited its research scope using the following definition:
- Any packaged and ready-to-consume product marketed as a protein food/snack/drink or highlights the weight of protein content on the label, and 10% (one tenth) or more of its calorific value is from its protein content. According to EU regulations, 1g of protein provides 4kcals.
- A separate section is provided for ready-to-consume protein-rich products for specific age groups, such as children, seniors, etc.
- Any packaged and ready-to-consume food or drink product sold through retail as well as other channels, and contains protein from an unconventional or relatively new source (such as insects).
- Exclusions: Any non-packaged product as well as raw or cooked meat, poultry, eggs, seafood, soy, legumes, cheese etc. are excluded.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction and scope
2. Category overview
- Global supply of protein
- Global trends
- Packaged high-protein product categories overview
- Challenges and barriers
- Insights and opportunities
3. Brand profiles
- 3.1. Brand profiles: Ready-to-eat protein products
- 3.2. Brand profiles: Ready-to-drink protein products
- 3.3. Ready-to-consume products with protein from new or unconventional sources
- 3.4. Ready-to-consume protein-rich products for specific age groups